RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a short note to say we are likely to be closing the order book for these models before the end of the month.

We will send out a final warning newsletter to subscribers, but would urge anyone considering these models to order sooner rather than later.

With previous models there is always a rush in the hours before the deadline closes, and the website can struggle to cope with the surge in traffic meaning that it's possible orders do not "stick."

If you do miss the deadline you'll still be able to buy from our partner retailers, but of course the price will be higher as they will have to add their margin.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully Revolution will consider releasing a VTG Blue version in the future as i have seen this variant of the JNA wagon on the national network carrying sand.  It would be a bigger bonus if they release a model with a number of the real one i seen but i know this could be unlikely as there where only 8 being used at the time.

Samuel.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a heads up that these wagons are shortly going into production.  To give people a little bit of notice we are going to allow six weeks before we close the order book at midnight on Sunday April 28th.

IMG_8110.JPG.d84b7b140d87e9bc7ae2cd5f6ac2f01e.JPG

IMG_8111.JPG.21623748d0470cf7db255a57e58503f8.JPG

The DB Red and Ermewa and Ermewa Tarmac ones can be ordered from Revolution Trains on our website, while the VTG/Mendip Rail silver and GBRf blue versions are available exclusively from Kernow.

For those prefer to wait and see, and are happy to pay the retail margin, we are sure several of our usual retailers will be stocking these wagons too.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

And very nice they looked when Ben and Mike kindly loaned them for few minutes for a photocall on New Bryford

JNA1.jpg.bf6ac6b49184cb25a7607b5e497001ea.jpg

JNA2.jpg.47ff51b28d49c1fc7abfd5944014170c.jpg

MMA.jpg.e5dfef7cf5a03e282cb7aaeef8fde8f0.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Another cheap(er) train for anyone looking for a shorter prototype (I've cropped the photo in tighter to show the shorter train)

Eccles Road

13 March 2019

66017 on 4M58, 16:05, Norwich T.C. - Peak Forest Cemex Sdgs (01:17) - empty stone (12 MMA)

81 70 5500  ->  451-6/387-2/091-0/448-2/426-8/103-3/416-9/162-9/441-7/403-7/406-0/129-8

DAS809164.jpg.1e979598f225bcfffcc5db7ba06c4756.jpg

• Like 5

Hello everyone, 

I ordered 16 DB red ones back in December as it’s a block train I really like the look of. Back at the end of Feb at Glasgow, Ben & Mike let me have a proper look at one of the samples and it is a superb model. Good weight to it, nice solid feel and the level of detail achieved underneath really needs to be seen in person so you can see just how good it is.  Certainly a good decision to order and if your thinking about it I would go for it as you will be impressed with them.

cheers

Mark

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Railtec have just introduced the VTG safety egg stickers that were applied to the Mendip livery JNAs (amongst many others) from late 2018. So if you want to be really up to date, it's an interesting addition. For what added interest, the reference image supplied to Railtec was of a Mendip JNA, as per the Revolution model

IMG_20190410_161622-01.jpeg.0913989082b79720861863c0cfeac573.jpeg

Jo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 12/04/2019 at 20:48, Steadfast said:

Railtec have just introduced the VTG safety egg stickers that were applied to the Mendip livery JNAs (amongst many others) from late 2018. So if you want to be really up to date, it's an interesting addition. For what added interest, the reference image supplied to Railtec was of a Mendip JNA, as per the Revolution model

Jo

I have the four Kernow MRL ones on order and I would like to buy some of the Railtec stickers, but, having spent a long weekend down west I could not see these stickers on all of the MRL JNAs I saw in Westbury - seemed to be 50:50. Do you have the wagon numbers they been applied too? 

They seem to be getting stuck on the JHAs too (which I did not know VTG owned - assumed MRL!), now where is my spray can and baseball cap....

From flickr - Steven Clements - copyright (not sure why RMweb automatically imbeds flickr)

DSCF3659

Edited by 159220

I believe any link rmweb will automatically embed with the new software. You can tell it not too, can't remember how though! If you click the image it'll take you to the linked site.

Regarding the Mendip fleet, it's all VTG owned and leased back, has been for a few years. The NACCO stuff wasn't, but VTG now own NACCO. I think both companies still operate individually though. 

I've no idea the ratio of wagons fitted with the egg sticker, they appear to be being fitted when wagons are stopped for maintenance, certainly the five blue ones that were done at Westbury over the weekend were all on VIBT. When the stickers first came out, it did seem as though a whole set had been done at Merehead, I'd guess a set that was sat for a while between loading and departure. 

I've seen the egg sticker on every type of wagon operated on the Mendip flows, apart from the green ex Railtrack JNA that have just reappeared

Jo

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2019 at 11:42, 159220 said:

I have the four Kernow MRL ones on order and I would like to buy some of the Railtec stickers, but, having spent a long weekend down west I could not see these stickers on all of the MRL JNAs I saw in Westbury - seemed to be 50:50. Do you have the wagon numbers they been applied too? 

No specific numbers, but of the 21 wagons in today's Oxford (6A17, 6C58) which is again solely these new JNAs, 20 had the sticker on them. Nice that Railtec have done it as a decal, as it's easier to add than to remove

Jo

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Steadfast said:

No specific numbers, but of the 21 wagons in today's Oxford (6A17, 6C58) which is again solely these new JNAs, 20 had the sticker on them. Nice that Railtec have done it as a decal, as it's easier to add than to remove

Jo

One would think that before too long, the safety notices will be added to all the VTG fleet.

Cheers,

Micl

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...