RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

Blue one good for the Burngullow - Bow behind a red or maroon 66. 

6C67 loaded and 6C68 empty Whatley to Avonmouth and return is a solid set of 20 of the MRL boxes, with a variety of 66, 59 of all colours and even 60s recently. It's top quality clean stone for the Hinkley Point project

Jo

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, rus578 said:

looking at the review in model rail were has the VTG blue version come from were can I order this wasn't aware this was in produce aaaaaaarrrrrrr

I'm up for a couple...............

4 hours ago, Connor43002 said:

Hopefully the VTG blue ones won't sell out too quickly then, Need to save! :wink_mini:

I’ve managed to buy 2 of each, I’ve  used what I had saved for my Hattons 66’s now they’ve been delayed for a couple of months, so should be able to save up again for those. Hopefully Ben and Mike will do a second run of these in the near future as I’m sure these will be extremely popular and won’t be in stock for long! Hope you manage to save up in time for what you want Conner43002 :good:

4 hours ago, Connor43002 said:

Hopefully the VTG blue ones won't sell out too quickly then, Need to save! :wink_mini:

9 minutes ago, Shoey said:

I’ve managed to buy 2 of each, I’ve  used what I had saved for my Hattons 66’s now they’ve been delayed for a couple of months, so should be able to save up again for those. Hopefully Ben and Mike will do a second run of these in the near future as I’m sure these will be extremely popular and won’t be in stock for long! Hope you manage to save up in time for what you want Conner43002 :good:

According to the latest news letter there are only 100 of each of 4 numbers, I have gone for 1% of the total and shoey  has 2%, so I would suggest not waiting too long.

8 hours ago, Shoey said:

8 hours ago, Bob83a said:

According to the latest news letter there are only 100 of each of 4 numbers, I have gone for 1% of the total and shoey  has 2%, so I would suggest not waiting too long.

Cheers guys, expect I'll find a way to get enough money for them, was gonna get two GWR 2+4 rakes once Hornby release the sliding door MK3s but I don't mind forfiting one for a couple of these, got a colas 70 I can part with too! That'll be enough to get me 5 JNAs at least :good:

• RMweb Premium

Have to say the JNA/MMA wagons look excellent. 

For anyone interested in the new VTG Blue wagons they are available exclusively via the Revolution website. There is one product page which can be accessed via clicking the "shop" icon and they are available in variations of A, C, C & D on the second page. 

Hope this helps. 

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, 

I wonder if anyone could help me please? 

I am interested in the DB Red, VTG Blue & GBRf Blue MMAs. However I have no idea what workings, headcodes, and what traction these liveried wagons run on/with. I have searched on Flickr but their are not many images of these wagons on their. I am particularly interested in what traction these liveried wagons run with to see if I have anything already that I can run with them or if I can buy any new traction in the future to run with them. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

23 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi all, 

I wonder if anyone could help me please? 

I am interested in the DB Red, VTG Blue & GBRf Blue MMAs. However I have no idea what workings, headcodes, and what traction these liveried wagons run on/with. I have searched on Flickr but their are not many images of these wagons on their. I am particularly interested in what traction these liveried wagons run with to see if I have anything already that I can run with them or if I can buy any new traction in the future to run with them. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

There's a list on the revolution trains website that shows the possible loco + wagon consists that may be of help for you.

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Ealnos-sample-consists.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, newbryford said:

Search "Peak Forest MMA" on flickr for starters...

Only the DB red ones are MMA, all the others are JNAs

Thanks Mick. 

I didn't know that their was a difference, so that's good to know especially when searching for specific wagons and workings. See I have several DRS and GBRf locos that could work with the GBRf Blue JNAs from Kernow. At the moment I don't have any DB locos so unless I buy the Hornby 60044 or some of the Hattons 66s then I don't have any suitable traction to haul the DB Red MMAs. I have also been searching for images of the VTG Blue JNAs and they are typically hauled by GBRf 66s of which I currently have four of, so they are another option that I have. 

4 hours ago, 56303 said:

There's a list on the revolution trains website that shows the possible loco + wagon consists that may be of help for you.

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Ealnos-sample-consists.jpg

Thank you for posting the link with the formations on. 

I can probably rule out the DB Red MMAs because I have no suitable traction to run with them but I could buy either the VTG Blue JNAs or the GBRf Blue JNAs as these can be seen running with GBRf 66s and DRS 66s, 68s and GBRf 66s respectively. 

Out of interest has anyone ever seen any other traction except GBRf 66s hauling the VTG Blue JNAs? 

Thanks in advance. 

The MMAs have arrived with us and have been checked and sorted.

The GBRF and MRL versions are already on a lorry to Cornwall.

we are just awaiting batteries for the tail lamp fitted versions before the wagons go on sale/ start being shipped.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

As RMWebbers know, I like lists of facts. 

Astra Rail has built four very similar aggregate wagons under UIC 'Ealnos', I have looked on TOPS and collected the following facts from contacts. 

The first Ealnos order was a UK TOPS JNA-T for Ermewa/Tarmac 8170 5500 000-to-073 and later order 8170 5500 229-252 with design code JN062A, these are of the 9 pillar without door. They are separated into 48x Ermewa/Tarmac (000-025/030/034-053), operated by DB Cargo, and 50x Ermewa (026-029/031-033/054-073/229-252), operated by GB Railfreight. 

Next up, DB Schenker (at the time) bought their own Ealnos wagons from Astra rail. As these are private owners, the code changed on TOPS to reflect this as 166x MMA-A 8170 5500 074-163 and 8170 5500 378-453. They have been built in two batches under design code MM001A with 9 pillars and a sweep door. 

The next order changed the design to 11 pillar boxes but still UK TOPS JNA-T for VTG 8170 5500 164-228 and 8170 5500 253-377 with respective design codes JN063A (Mendip) and JN063B (VTG). They are separated into 65x Mendip Rail (164-228), operated by Mendip Rail (DB and soon to be Freightliner), 40x GB Railfreight (unbranded in GBRf Blue) (253-292), operated by GB Railfreight and 85x DB Cargo (unbranded in VTG Blue) (293-377). 

I do not know which ones Revolution are doing, as the image is too small to read the number. In my copy of Model Rail, the colour does look like it is VTG Blue (293-377).

Last to order the Ealnos, though bought outright they have not been coded private owners MMA-A but as JNA-T is GB Railfreight 50x 8170 5500 454-503 under design code JN063C with a sweep door. 

Those with eyes to happening on the railways shall notice that Ermewa have bought more Ealnos under design code JN063C and operated by GB Railfreight (505-604). These are 11 pillar boxes in GB Railfreight blue with Ermewa branding and are to be used for East-West Railway Company work: https://www.railjournal.com/freight/gb-railfreight-receives-new-wagons-from-greenbrier/

HS2 contracts should be let shortly, so one would expect more Ealnos boxes...

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2