RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

18 mins to reply I would suggest is quicker than an email.

By write to you I assume you mean email you direct which I will do. 

This was the easiest method of getting hold of both Revolution and Trains4u in one go.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy

I don’t know if you’re the same customer that I replied to but what I said applies:

“Sorry, no (as per our FAQs) however if the combined P&P is cheaper we will refund it to you once we've sent out the orders.”

As explained previously on here and elesewhere it is impossible for us to set a fixed rate P&P nor do we think it is fair to charge the same for 1 wagon as 20 so our website is a fixed fee per order plus an amount per wagon. We get it wrong at times but that works both ways in that we’ve previously massively undercharged customers. 

T4U are helping us out packing and sending them out but please contact us directly with problems as there is no guarantee we will see it on here. 

Mike

Hi Ben/Mike,

My box of 16 DB boxes arrived today very well packed from T4U. I know you let me have a proper look at the sample at Glasgow but the quality is superb. The level of detail on the middle of the underframe pipe work is just brilliant. 

Well done on another super wagon in OO.

cheers

Mark

Andy7 - I think you need to remember that these wagons are funded by modellers at a price point that the big manufacturers couldn’t achieve for the detail and quality. Adding posting on whilst higher probably covers not just packing materials but labour cost from T4U etc and distribution of the entire batch. These still work out very good value for money overall. Mistakes can happen I’m sure it will be easily sorted.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, red death said:

Hi Andy

I don’t know if you’re the same customer that I replied to but what I said applies:

“Sorry, no (as per our FAQs) however if the combined P&P is cheaper we will refund it to you once we've sent out the orders.”

As explained previously on here and elesewhere it is impossible for us to set a fixed rate P&P nor do we think it is fair to charge the same for 1 wagon as 20 so our website is a fixed fee per order plus an amount per wagon. We get it wrong at times but that works both ways in that we’ve previously massively undercharged customers. 

T4U are helping us out packing and sending them out but please contact us directly with problems as there is no guarantee we will see it on here. 

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike. I will wait out. 

BTW the product is excellent, as I knew it would be or I wouldn’t have gone out on a limb in the first place. As were the TEA tankers I crowd funded.

• RMweb Premium
On 12/10/2019 at 10:41, daz9284 said:

that is fantastic. did you buy the loader like that or convert it yourself?

No reply yet?   Must still be loading the second wagon!  LOL!

Would expect it to be either a commission, or, most likely a  very talented modeller who has put the gubbins in a HO model!  Very impressive. 

Maybe ask Faller to do it on their car system?

Regards,

C.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 22:04, dogbox321 said:

No reply yet?   Must still be loading the second wagon!  LOL!

Would expect it to be either a commission, or, most likely a  very talented modeller who has put the gubbins in a HO model!  Very impressive. 

Maybe ask Faller to do it on their car system?

Regards,

C.

Have a look here for some incrediably modelling:

I recall seeing the front loader being build on a topic thread but can't find it now.  

Sorry, I was on holiday all last week :) 

Yes, it is a conversion I did in January last year from a Siku diecast model. The battery lasts long enough for me to fill a couple of wagons, which is about half an hour.

I'll be at Warley with the layout (called 'A Remote Depot') if you want to see it in person next month :) 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 31/07/2019 at 22:17, newbryford said:

Just in time for next month's payday................

Weather/graffiti and into show use in October.

mma4.jpg.5aea60d27ef4d3aab0a378c3b5aa3a4f.jpg

How to ruin a perfectly good model...

mmaw1.jpg.9c88b190bf5e18890e5e51f41e5ea2e7.jpg

A few more details to finish.

More pics on my workbench thread - soon!

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium

First run out of my MMA rake at the weekend - Hazel Grove exhibition - so very close to where the prototypes see daily use and plenty of local interest.

I have a couple of tail light wagons and turned one on Saturday morning. It was still flashing at least 7 hours later.

I forgot to turn it off when the show closed Saturday, but it certainly wasn't working when we returned on Sunday morning. This was not unexpected.

A long term plan is to fit pickups and power it from the DCC track feed - probably via a bridge rectifier and voltage regulator.

I did suffer a couple of derailments that took a couple of minutes to confirm the cause. (I did have a suspicion whilst applying weathering to them)

This was due to the NEM coupling boxes sliding down in the fishtail socket on the bogies, causing the dropper on the hook to foul on the rails at pointwork. The very simple fix will be to place a dab of PVA glue to stop them moving.

This little niggle aside, an excellent addition to my wagon fleet.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Andy7 said:

Have these all been sent out now to people that pre-ordered?

Might be easier to contact RevolutioN direct with that question, because it is not something anyone else can answer., and they did already ask you to contact them directly following your previous questions on here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Connor43002 said:

Noticed the VTG blue JNAs have almost sold out on the website, is there any chance there might be another batch in the future? 

Probably not for a while as they have taken quite a while to sell.  We're looking at the new liveries (of which there are a few) plus we *might* re-run some of the most popular liveries from the first run (DB).

Cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 minutes ago, red death said:

Probably not for a while as they have taken quite a while to sell.  We're looking at the new liveries (of which there are a few) plus we *might* re-run some of the most popular liveries from the first run (DB).

Cheers Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike

Can I suggest some large logo MRL JNAs for a possible new livery? 

(Not my pic)

Screenshot_20200402_112245.jpg

30 minutes ago, Connor43002 said:

Can I suggest some large logo MRL JNAs for a possible new livery? 

They're a totally different wagon unfortunately and as there's only 100 of them and they only operate with one company I doubt we'll ever see an RTR. Would make a good kit though.

@red death

Mike, I assume you've got it under control, have you seen there's some small livery differences on the recent VTG deliveries?

Think I got some pics when DCR came to Westbury end of last year, wagons were only a couple of weeks old

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1