RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm something for me please? 

Im considering buying a few of these wagons but slightly confused with the codes between the Revolution and Kernow websites. Im looking at the Revolution Ermewa Grey, or VTG Blue and the Kernow  VTG/MRL Grey. From research, these have all operated down to Newhaven Aggregates which is only a few miles away, hence my interest in acquiring a few.

Revolution's website lists each livery with an A, B, C, D and L (Lamp) option.

But Kernow's website only shows each livery with an A, B, C and D option. what confuses me is the D option shows the lamp fitted.

Whats the difference between the D (Kernow) and L (Revolution) version? Is it that Kernow are selling 1 less non lamp version and listing the lamp version as D? 

Hopefully that makes sense to someone?

Thanks

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Thanks Red Death, regarding your VTG Blue versions, is there a Lamp version or not? 

I’m not Red Death, but I can answer the question....

No, there is not a tail-lamp fitted version of the plain blue VTG ones.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/06/2020 at 23:26, red death said:

Correct.

A very direct answer. Thanks.

Just testing a Jon Hall idea....

There were two questions and you only answered one.

The first answer is "correct", the second answer is "maybe"

Edited by newbryford
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
On 24/08/2020 at 22:27, shunny said:

I ordered one each of the VTG blue versions yesterday and a couple of numbers down to single figures if anyone is thinking about these better be quick.

I’ve acquired all I need of these to replicate the Burngullow - Riverside flow hauled by DB sheds that ran through Totnes.

http://www.totnestrains.com/burngullow-stone.html

I’m so surprised though that there are any of these wagons left at all. Have to say they run absolutely superbly at all length of rakes! So smooth and quiet and roll with ease, no issues at all :good: I’m just hoping for another run of the DB red ones to add to the ones I already have to up my rake. Also, be nice to see the dark red Touax liveried ones make an appearance in OO too :wink_mini:

• Like 1

Well this week i had another 4 Mendip Rail liveried JNAs arrive from those nice people down at Camborne... This now takes my rake up to 16 wagons (12 from Camborne, 4 from Guildford), my day job now nearly daily sees me going into Whatley or Torr (Merehead) quarries (sometimes both) im noticing the Touax liveried JNA wagons are increasingly mingled inbetween the silver/grey wagons, that said this week i did notice a full rake of silver/grey JNAs being shunted at Whatley, one of which was one of the wagons numbered by Kernow/Revolution, i was a bit miffed i couldnt grab my phone quick enough to grab a pic before it dissapeared behind other wagons, but hey ho, ive written down the numbers of the 4 Kernow/Revolution have done and will be keeping an eye open for them.

Come on Revolution, i was going to stick with 16 wagons but ive decided i could justify 5-6 more in Touax livery to mix into my rake. 

I note Kernow have advertised as having low stocks of their JNAs, is now the time to do another batch?????

Id like to get my rake of JNAs finished as a certain someone has announced they are going to start producing the Mendip HOAs of which i will also need a rake!!!!

Edited by GEARJAMMER

• 5 months later...
On 25/02/2021 at 14:28, TomScrut said:

Would be good if there was a rerun of the blue ones given Hornby are doing a Cappagh 60 later in the year.

Yeah, those and the DB and GBRf ones too! Can't believe I missed out on them tbh! What a mistake...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/02/2021 at 14:28, TomScrut said:

Would be good if there was a rerun of the blue ones given Hornby are doing a Cappagh 60 later in the year.

A royal blue one as oppose to the navy blue would be needed for the DC Rail workings

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

23 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

A royal blue one as oppose to the navy blue would be needed for the DC Rail workings

Ah I didn't realise there were two colours, I had just assumed it was the finish of the model and the lighting why they looked different.

Ok so not a rerun, would be good to have some royal blue ones to run with a Cappagh 60!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Ah I didn't realise there were two colours, I had just assumed it was the finish of the model and the lighting why they looked different.

If you're interested there is a full rundown of the various Ealnos versions on the Revolution trains news page. 

There are 100 VTG ones in the newer royal blue colour numbered 81 70 5500 654-753.   I understand 30 (81 70 5500 704-733) were delivered with Cappagh brandings, but photographic records suggest the Cappagh branding has been removed on some or all, though I don't have a definitive list.

best wishes

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

We've had some fresh out of the box grey ones on the Peak Forest / Norwich working - but the weather hasn't been the best to capture them, snow or low sun

Eccles Road
08/02/2021 (Monday)
66164 on 4M58 , 15:59, Norwich T.C. - Peak Forest Cemex Sdgs (06:48) - empty stone (19 grey JNA)

DAS877182.jpg.ae1e67a02c67cf01baf627028e9ef940.jpg

Eccles Road
08/02/2021 (Monday)
81 70 5500 635-4 - JNA Bogie Box Wagon (Grey)

DAS877187.jpg.ac15d38c452754d74e1b8176b98fcb10.jpg

Eccles Road
15/02/2021 (Monday)
66155 on 4M58 , 15:59, Norwich T.C. - Peak Forest Cemex Sdgs (08:29) - empty stone (grey JNA)

DAS877300.jpg.6ab660b0c44cd763e97849d1f643385b.jpg

Eccles Road
15/02/2021 (Monday)
81 70 5500 647-9 - JNA Bogie Box Wagon (Grey)

We did get one with a working tail lamp.

DAS877322.jpg.8b9817e066f8fb3548d39c542ecc0c91.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, martin_l_jones said:

Looks as though most of the wagons have now been sold apart from the Kernow editions, I wonder weather Revolution would consider a re-run but with different running numbers ?

Hi there,

Yes, but probably not for a while.  Right now we have other items aimed at 00 enthusiasts and since we know that modelling budgets are always finite we don’t want to split sales.

Also, I suspect the next run will be aimed more at the new liveries - Touax, Cappagh etc - with only the biggest sellers from the first run being repeated.

Any repeats would have different running numbers.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hi there 4mm-ers. A copy of my post from the N thread.

A little bit of variety for the Tarmac / Ermewa wagons, for those modelling right up to the minute. They appear to have come off lease to Tarmac, and have had the logos painted over. Over the last couple of weeks they have been in use hauled by DB 66s, working between Tytherington and Oxford Banbury Road (and I think Cricklewood too) carrying Hanson products. 

For the really keen, some have also gained tracker boxes at the left hand end near the number.

IMG_8271-JNA-81705500043-1.jpg.1b4faf9407537118005f8113993d4a22.jpgIMG_8267-JNA-81705500018-3.jpg.5c0500a409e8d6a2da3b9c477a30644d.jpg

Jo

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...