RevolutioN announce 56xx in N

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Ben or Mike, will you still be accepting orders at the Earlybird price up until this time?

Correct - that is exactly what the deadline is for ie the end of the earlybird price offer, though the orderbook will remain open at the MSRP until stocks run out. We will be announcing full details of the retailer arrangements in due course.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Pmorgancym said:

So what's the likely delivery time??

It is all on our website - either in the latest news or in the project summary page.

But please note that it is an estimate based on no problems being encountered during production.

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Pmorgancym said:

So slipped to Q3 but maybe further depending on production, oandemics etv

As it states at the top of the page you are referring to, it is our best estimate of delivery. But it is exactly that an estimate, not a fixed delivery date. 

Given the situation globally and the fact that we had to delay slightly the order for a variety of reasons we updated the estimate to the best we can give.  The alternatives are we take off all the estimates or don't update them when things change. Until a product actually ships from China there are still possible changes to an estimated delivery date eg if we find a problem from a production sample.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/12/2018 at 11:23, Garethp8873 said:

One of the less heard about 5600s, GWR 6697 down at Didcot Railway Centre. Her GWR Sans Serif 'Grotesque' lettering is something we ain't seen done by any of the RTR manufacturers yet either...

44282962822_7b6abbbd0d_b.jpg

Really pleased to see you guys announce a GWR 56xx with Sans Serif 'Grotesque' lettering on the side tanks today! A definate first in GWR modelling :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

6 new variants of the 56XX announced, and Rails of Sheffield handling orders and dispatch of those not ordered  directly via Revolution:

Revolution Trains in conjunction with Sonic Models recently announced the attractive GWR/BR 56XX 0-6-2T in N Gauge.

Today six additional variants have been added to the line up, meaning a total of twelve versions are available to pre-order.

Pre-Order Yours Today For £109.95 each

The models will feature coreless motors, NEM 6 pin decoder socket, NEM couplers, original or later style driving wheel balance weights, Swindon or Armstrong (NE) safety valves, detailed cab interior and accessory detail pack.

The complete list of 12 models is as follows:

S2101-01 – 5637. BR lined green, late crest.

S2101-01A – 5643. BR lined green, late crest. New.

S2101-02 – 6681. BR lined green late crest (small) weathered.

S2101-03 – 5633. BR unlined green, late crest.

S2101-04 – 6639. BR unlined black, early emblem.

S2101-04A – 5619. BR unlined black, early emblem. New.

S2101-05 – 5616. GW unlined green with GWR shaded lettering.

S2101-06 – 6623. GW unlined green with GREAT WESTERN lettering.

S2101-06A – 6671. GW unlined green with GREAT WESTERN lettering. New.

S2101-07 – 5609. GW unlined green with shirtbutton logo. New.

S2101-08 – 6602. BR unlined black with BRITISH RAILWAYS letting. New.

S2101-09 – 5644. GW Unlined green with plain GWR block lettering. New.

Rails of Sheffield is now handling all orders and fulfilment of these models exclusively. (Customers who have already ordered via Revolution Trains, these orders will continue to be processed and despatched by Revolution Trains)

Expected Q3 2020

With a limited production run of each variant, pre-ordering is highly recommended.

https://railsofsheffield.com/news/articles/3373-sonic-models-n-gauge-56xx

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can someone from Sonic advise about the possibility of amending an existing order in light of these new variations? I'd ordered two BR black ones with the same number but would ideally have gone for the two differing numbers if they'd been available. No biggie if it's impractical, it'll just save ordering some new plates.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Barry

We are not offering any of the "new" 6 versions on our website - all orders for the new 6 should go via Rails, however if you'd like to amend your order drop us an email and we can refund one of the locos.

Best wishes

Mike

Edited by red death

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, red death said:

Hi Barry

We are not offering any of the "new" 6 versions on our website - all orders for the new 6 should go via Rails, however if you'd like to amend your order drop us an email and we can refund one of the locos.

Best wishes

Mike

No worries, Mike, it'll just give me a bit of modelling to do.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
On 05/03/2020 at 15:49, red death said:

Until a product actually ships from China there are still possible changes to an estimated delivery date eg if we find a problem from a production sample.

Is there an update to the estimated arrival? How long does the journey from China take? I.e. if they haven't shipped yet, the earliest from now they can arrive.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben,

It’s pointless trying to estimate because there are so many variables.

All we can say is that the models are in production now, and once we know they are being shipped we will inform Rails and those customers of ours who have preordered so they can complete any balance payments due.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Thanks 1

I keep forgetting I have two of these locos all paid for, rather like the Class B tanks and Sturgeons before them it is kind of cool that I don't need to do a thing now, they will pretty much just turn up at some point. I just need to make sure I have a couple of 6 pin chips ready and waiting! 

I am very keen to find out what Sonic's next steam loco will be...

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Richard E said:

...not sure what variety of chip I'll get though.

The model has been designed such that if the Bachmann 90 degree chip is used it won’t be seen in the cab.  There may be other similar chips that I am unaware of that are just as good of course.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

sonic_56xx.jpg.d4135bc8ed17be141c0c4cdbbca2e4f7.jpg

Sonic Models have shared with us two production samples of their forthcoming N Gauge Class 56xx Tank Locomotives!

Production is well underway and the models are expected soon.

Further delivery updates to follow shortly.

With a limited production run of each variant, pre-ordering is highly recommended to secure yours! Order here

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The GWR is correct, sans-serif Grotesque as used by Caerphilly on a number of locos including some 56xx.  There's a photo of 6697 at Didcot in this livery further up this page.

There are other variants being released with the standard lettering

Martin

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1