RevolutioN announce 56xx in N

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
On 23/07/2021 at 17:21, Revolution Mike said:

The 56xx models are en route and we expect them soon. 

If you ordered through us we are starting to send out balance invoices (you can check progress on the Projects page of our website). 

Cheers Mike

Are the balance invoices being sent by email - what if emails have changed since ordering?

14 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Are the balance invoices being sent by email - what if emails have changed since ordering?

Send Revolution an email telling them about your new email address, and update your account details on their website?

John P

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, jpendle said:

Send Revolution an email telling them about your new email address, and update your account details on their website?

John P

Oddly enough I've got a solution to my question via email since I wrote this. All is good and models are on their way.

really looking forward to seeing these - many thanks to Ben, Mike and all at Revolution for their persistence with this and all the best for the future.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, HRH_Dan_Hull said:

Any news on which order the dispatches are taking place?

A friend with order number 47124 has told me he's received confirmation of dispatch, I'm order number 17421 and have yet to hear anything, should this be taken as I've been forgotten?

We only sent out the first orders yesterday evening so no one has been forgotten.

The order was in our newsletter a few days ago and is the same as always ie order of when the order was placed plus you will be notified when your order is "Complete" ie despatched.

Your friend's order number is a balance payment not his original order - if he placed his deposit very early and has paid his balance then he might have snuck in to the first batch but more likely his deposit was automatically marked as Complete when he paid his balance but his order isn't despatched until both parts are marked as Complete.

Cheers Mike

Got a notification from Royal Mail that I have a package on its way, currently at Peterborough sorting Office and scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning.

I am only expecting these locos and their DCC chips, I wonder which it is and which will arrive first :D.

I think I should dust off my analogue test track just in case.....

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Mine has arrived. It's a lovely model with a nice bit of weight to it. I was surprised at how strong the spring on the rear truck is. There are a couple of very minor blemishes on the paint (very small pin pricks) on a hand rail but these are very tiny. 

Time to get out the test track to run it in. 

IMG_9440.jpeg.f06e2f3b401a2880f5d52870a8bdf3ff.jpeg

IMG_9439.jpeg.3eb73161cd65c2ecfc6ee87ab71e72ef.jpeg

IMG_9438.jpeg.53b4de666bcee4bebc93d3f2433768db.jpeg

IMG_9437.jpeg.c614e7e04d67915a0ada95f96aaaf065.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I have now run the loco in as recommended in the instructions (an hour on medium power in each direction). Unfortunately the running is poor. On very clean track the starting is hit and miss, sometimes the loco will start sometimes it will not without a poke. When running forwards, the running is okay but there is sometimes a squeak. The problems show when running backwards. The loco is very jerky at times and also slowed to a stop on a couple of occasions, as if it is too stiff. I hope that this is just a dud loco rather than a typical model. I will try running it in a little more but if it does not improve it will have to be returned unfortunately. 

At the moment I would say that the running is far, far below that of the Farish 64xx and below that of the Dapol 57xx.

As a note, the video shows the best running that I have achieved as I wanted to show the model off to its very best. 

Edited by Kris
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Kris said:

I have now run the loco in as recommended in the instructions (an hour on medium power in each direction). Unfortunately the running is poor. On very clean track the starting is hit and miss, sometimes the loco will start sometimes it will not without a poke. When running forwards, the running is okay but there is sometimes a squeak. The problems show when running backwards. The loco is very jerky at times and also slowed to a stop on a couple of occasions, as if it is too stiff. I hope that this is just a dud loco rather than a typical model. I will try running it in a little more but if it does not improve it will have to be returned unfortunately. 

At the moment I would say that the running is far, far below that of the Farish 64xx and below that of the Dapol 57xx.

As a note, the video shows the best running that I have achieved as I wanted to show the model off to its very best. 

Can I ask what the lubrication instructions are? It does seem very stiff running, could a tiny spot of suitable oil on the crankpins and main gear help maybe if it doesn't breach the warranty? If it relies on phosphor bronze axle bushes for pickup like some Farish though, don't get any oil anywhere close to them.

Personally I would set it to a brisk speed (say half speed or a bit more) and let it run uninterrupted for maybe a half an hour longer in each direction before thinking about returning it.

Regards

Roy

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Roy L S said:

Can I ask what the lubrication instructions are? It does seem very stiff running, could a tiny spot of suitable oil on the crankpins and main gear help maybe if it doesn't breach the warranty? If it relies on phosphor bronze axle bushes for pickup like some Farish though, don't get any oil anywhere close to them.

Personally I would set it to a brisk speed (say half speed or a bit more) and let it run uninterrupted for maybe a half an hour longer in each direction before thinking about returning it.

Regards

Roy

The lubrication instructions say to put some on the coupling rods and the exposed gears. It does rely on the same pick up system as Farish so as you say keeping the oil away from there is key. 

The speed shown in the video is at just over half power, when you turn the power up the speed is not much greater, I suspect that the gearing is low to give a more prototypical speed. 

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Pmorgancym said:

So I ordered waaay back when, when revolution were processing orders, at what point do I become paranoid about hearing nothing :)

Personally, I would give it a few weeks given that the first orders were only sent out on Wednesday. I know that patience is not really in vogue anymore but I think we know enough about Revolution Trains to have complete confidence in their way of doing things. I’m sure they have enough to do right now without having to respond to “when will my order be sent out?” type questions. 

• Thanks 1

I've tried logging into the 'my account ' section on revolutions website but that just takes me to e Bay?

My point is have I got a model coming or not... I ordered and to my best memory..  as nearly four years ago now!! Paid for a loco..  but now I'm concerned nothings gonna appear and I'll miss the limited run via rails..

Pls can someone from revolution  or sonic confirm my locos status ?

Cheers mark henshaw

Edited by Long Line

1 minute ago, Long Line said:

I've tried logging into the 'my account ' section on revolutions website but that just takes me to e Bay?

My point is have I got a model coming or not... I ordered and to my best memory..  as nearly four years ago now!! Paid for a loco..  but now I'm concerned nothings gonna appear and I'll miss the limited run via rails..

Cheers mark henshaw

Yeah in the same boat as you really, the switch in order handling does nag at you making you think, was my order transferred across.

My two dropped through the letterbox this morning. 

For me they have more than lived up to expectation and are exquisite little models, beautifully detailed and well finished. The weathered one is delightfully grubby including wheels, motion and underframes, but not so heavily weathered that you cannot see the lining and crest and read the number. which for me is just about spot on.

They are running in together on my little test track currently, and are running very sweetly indeed through the dead frogs of the set-track points used, not a hint of a "hiccup". The pony pickup and springing are clever and certainly help with reliable running and the 9 inch curves are no problem at all. I think the coupling rods may actually be a little finer than Farish, certainly the models ooze finesse in terms of detail and finish.

As I have said on another forum, if Sam was looking for feedback in advance of tomorrow's announcement, I would say that he has absolutely nailed it with this model, and that level of enthusiasm is coming from someone who isn't really a GW modeller.

Roy

1 minute ago, Pmorgancym said:

Yeah in the same boat as you really, the switch in order handling does nag at you making you think, was my order transferred across.

Revolution are still dealing with all orders placed with them, only orders actually placed with Rails are being managed through the shop.

Regards

Roy

1 hour ago, Long Line said:

Cheers mark henshaw

@Long Line I think your device is playing tricks with you if it takes you to Ebay from the Revolution account login page. The 56xx was announced in November 2018 if that helps find your order confirmation email and payment records.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pmorgancym said:

As it says clearly on our website no orders were transferred anywhere. All orders placed with us will be fulfilled by us. 

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Long Line said:

Cheers mark henshaw

Mark

That sounds like a problem with your machine if you’re being transferred to EBay (I’d be checking it for viruses/malware). You will need to be able to access your account if you have a balance invoice to pay. 

If you need any help please drop us an email. 

Cheers Mike

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived a little while ago......

56xx.jpg.b59f190a310a889e1724ad959de5c6d9.jpg

Some words and more pics to follow once I've had chance to give it a run, but first impression..........wow. 

Tom. 

• Like 7

20210731_200249.jpg.23ada90c8a7b4e541f22e0ab9a4d7192.jpg

Now turned up at the other side of the room on the floor.  A very loose fit (falls out when I invert the loco)  so not a surprising escapee.  I'll glue it in place tomorrow.  I'll set up the test track and run it in tomorrow and look out a shortie chip for it.

Definitely looks like a 56xx, probably more so than my Bachmann OO one.  How do I justify it on Croft Spa (an East Coast Main Line layout)?   Travelling North light engine on its way to Stephenson & Hawthorn at Darlington for an overhaul...

Les

• Like 4

Loco runs nicely enough straight out of the box on the test track, so as I haven't an analogue oval or rolling road to run it in on I decided to chip it straight away and run it in with chip in place.20210801_094505.jpg.875c00dd8e7799e8eab8edbd805bf759.jpg

This is a Lokpilot micro 6-pin decoder and fits straight in.  Between 50% and 100% more than a Bachmann chip but I prefer them.  Aside from all else I had one in stock, removed from an OO loco that I'd had sound fitted.

It can just be seen in the cab if you look hard enough but is less visible than the board it has replaced.  Now running in on the test oval with no issues.  About 30 mins and it is now smooth down to a slow jog....

Les

• Like 3