British outline lococmotive

• RMweb Gold

Fran! Here's the promo shot you asked for:Lickey_Banker_(Wonder_Book_of_Engineerin

Edit: Nooo, I meant to send this as a PM! How do I delete!?

Nothing here for me.

And I really thought it was this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midland_Railway_Paget_locomotive#/media/File%3APaget_locomotive.jpg

Now... wait a minute, if you look carefully, between the sandboxes, the pictures been edited, you can see they have added a class

Edited by adb968008

Page 5 of this thread and 111 posts on a website full of eagle eyed rivet counters and no one has spotted the spelling mistake in the title of the thread?

Darrel, thats just my dyslexia kicking in...you should see the fun I have putting numbers on wagons!

• RMweb Premium

Page 5 of this thread and 111 posts on a website full of eagle eyed rivet counters and no one has spotted the spelling mistake in the title of the thread?

I keep reading "British outline lococmotive" and seeing something else entirely. I think they may be toying with us.
  • Like 1

If the package photo is protecting what I would call "a full length loco" then its unlikely to be a short tank engine, 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 shunter unless it has really long couplings! 

I would say that unless they are branching out into other areas the loco will be one that has a good fit with its existing range of wagons but that's just a good guess.

No DCC factory fitted option only DCC sound?    I can guarantee it wont be a Class 24 or even a class 87 or 90...…..

I wonder if Accurascale hope to build on the recent announcement by EMGS and PECO of the new EM range of ready to lay trackwork by following SLWs model of offering the loco with a choice of wheelsets for 00, EM or even P4?   The fact that's not been confirmed could be construed as the model being 00 gauge only and maybe not an ideal candidate for conversion ie; a steam loco which brings its own problems with conversions. 

Off tangent, I know we are getting a loco here but looking at the website it does have a "Coaches" section which states "This collection is empty, but not for long!"

that's another potential froth fest right there........ 

somebody did mention a while back that a class 86 (one of two AC electrics) was rumoured to be in the offing unless they were well ahead of the curve on the recent announcement from Heljan that they are revisiting their model.

Edited by ThaneofFife

If the package photo is protecting what I would call "a full length loco" then its unlikely to be a short tank engine, 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 shunter unless it has really long couplings! 

There is a package photo somewhere?

The only one I saw was a pallet of boxes going to Warley but I assume those are mostly HUOs.

(Edit: I think it is an 0-6-0 shunter myself but I will not say which one but there is more than 1 preserved and less than 20 remain). 

Edited by JSpencer

Hmmm...well if that's a whitewashed interior - thinking diesel shunter, still exists and hasn't been made yet, that rules out most BR standard classes with exception of the 02. But if I had to speculate, Ruston, they made loads of them, they appeared on BR, they appeared in industry - a Ruston 165DS/DE?

Hmmm...well if that's a whitewashed interior - thinking diesel shunter, still exists and hasn't been made yet, that rules out most BR standard classes with exception of the 02. But if I had to speculate, Ruston, they made loads of them, they appeared on BR, they appeared in industry - a Ruston 165DS/DE?

A D27xx hasn't been made and one exists.

Jim

...now if only Rustons built locos for Irish customers as well, that would be the sort of clever thinking we're beginning to expect from the Accurascale boys...oh no wait a minute, they did build locos for the Irish market...

https://www.steamtrainsireland.com/rpsi-collection/8/no1-carlow

• Like 1