British outline lococmotive

• RMweb Premium

I think it is a nice LMS 350hp diesel shunter....class11 to the great unwashed....the only diesel class where there was more 100 in BR service, four major liveries, LMS black, BR black, BR Green and BR Blue. They also served with the WD, Dutch railway and some were built for Australia. Wide geographical area, LMR, ScR and ER. They could also represent the WR version, with the BRITISH RAILWAYS lettering in GWR typeface and brass number plates. We all know GWR stuff sells.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A D27xx hasn't been made and one exists.

Jim

Indeed one does, and here it is, but no ones been to my place to scan it, though admittedly I did run it in a video with Accurascales HUOs a while back.

;)post-20773-0-39985400-1542893180_thumb.jpegpost-20773-0-85508900-1542893190_thumb.jpeg

Seriously though, i asked someone with decades of experience with the preserved pair last night, he’s not going to Warley, so I dont reckon a 3D print of it will be.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

I think it is a nice LMS 350hp diesel shunter....class11 to the great unwashed....the only diesel class where there was more 100 in BR service, four major liveries, LMS black, BR black, BR Green and BR Blue. They also served with the WD, Dutch railway and some were built for Australia. Wide geographical area, LMR, ScR and ER. They could also represent the WR version, with the BRITISH RAILWAYS lettering in GWR typeface and brass number plates. We all know GWR stuff sells.

And several ended up with the NCB...and Australia

I wouldn't be disappointed if it was a C.11. More froth!

Edited by Down_Under

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

It might be just 'diversionary tactics' by Fran in saying 'numbers' when he really means one loco running number but on different liveries.

My guess then is: 18000.

In her latest preserved condition (that I have knowledge of) there is a lot of white paint on her, particularly the roof and some of the pipework.

Accurascale will be on Stand B31A...

Could the B suggest Brown Boveri??

And when the loco was in Switzerland from 1965, a modification - according to Modern Locomotives Illustrated - changed her wheel arrangement from A1A-A1A to 1A1-3. That is 31A backwards (although the extra figure 1 does rather spoil the cunning plan!).

Brian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi

If that's the locomotive they are doing then I will be bankrupt by the end of the mouth

Thanks

Alan

I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKE

• RMweb Gold

I think were forgetting some of the earlier hints...

Remember the digital recorder, on the floor with the strange looking gantry in the reflection?

Thats not going to be 18000 unless its a very quiet recording,though the deposits on the ground to me looked very much like Yorkshire or midlands ;)

I sent the image offto a high secure intelligence lab, and for a five figure fee, after several weeks they concluded it was indeed a photograph of an object sitting on brick dirt with coal and ash.

Edited by adb968008

My crytic post at the start on what I think it will mostly be was for the same class;

Posted 15 November 2018 - 23:19

Did the Vikings have one? (one ended up in Denmark)
At first I thought it was eleven (as in Class 11) days until Warley,
but it is only nine days until Warley (9 class 11s initially made it into preservation),
maybe only 8 survive (1 caught fire in 2014 and probably scrapped).
Double Dutch clues for sure (they were used in the Netherlands)
and the war? Did some see a war? (they were used by the War department).

So class 11 just like you think.

• RMweb Gold

I think were forgetting some of the earlier hints...

Remember the digital recorder, on the floor with the strange looking gantry in the reflection?

Hello adb968008

Can you point me in a direction for that image, please? Doesn't seem to be within this thread.

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Hello adb968008

Can you point me in a direction for that image, please? Doesn't seem to be within this thread.

Brian

Its on Accurascales facebook page, August 20th.

https://www.facebook.com/AccurascaleUK/photos/a.130956327572463/221334435201318/?type=3

Barrow Hill was my guess for a location, or Buckley Wells, Its not a pure steam shed (no steam loco would have ash like that, but it does look a mix), but i could be well out.

Edited by adb968008

Hello everyone

It might be just 'diversionary tactics' by Fran in saying 'numbers' when he really means one loco running number but on different liveries.

My guess then is: 18000.

In her latest preserved condition (that I have knowledge of) there is a lot of white paint on her, particularly the roof and some of the pipework.

Accurascale will be on Stand B31A...

Could the B suggest Brown Boveri??

And when the loco was in Switzerland from 1965, a modification - according to Modern Locomotives Illustrated - changed her wheel arrangement from A1A-A1A to 1A1-3. That is 31A backwards (although the extra figure 1 does rather spoil the cunning plan!).

Brian

I see five numbers there - a one, an eight an' three zeroes ................. but the thing's very much out of gauge in preserved form with that bulge over the bogie - so can be ruled out ( in current form, anyway ). 

My feeling is that Accurascale will go more mainstream for their first loco, and mainline too, and diesel electric.

It is only a feeling though, and I often get strange ones around about 4pm o'clock in the afternoon.

It is fun though.....

...now if only Rustons built locos for Irish customers as well, that would be the sort of clever thinking we're beginning to expect from the Accurascale boys...oh no wait a minute, they did build locos for the Irish market...

https://www.steamtrainsireland.com/rpsi-collection/8/no1-carlow

Ooooh, a chocolate box loco.

31996163148_9199862927_b.jpg90-100  Ex- Rowntree Mackintosh Ruston and Hornsby diesel  shunter, KESR No. 41 in Orpins Curve by Clive G', on Flickr

Didn't the Emerald Isle boys have their measuring sticks out at Tanfield?

8221392669_408d3aa3b4_c.jpgTanfield Diesels by Blaydon52C, on Flickr

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's what I was wondering. £160 for a 4/6 wheel loco seems a bit steep. The recently announced IRM A class works out at about £168 for a smaller potential market. I would expect a similar sized loco here considering the bigger market, unless it is something really obscure.

Meanwhile the frothometer is bubbling away nicely, should reach boiling point by Saturday.

Edited by Nile

That's what I was wondering. £160 for a 4/6 wheel loco seems a bit steep. The recently announced IRM A class works out at about £168 for a smaller potential market. I would expect a similar sized loco here considering the bigger market, unless it is something really obscure.

Meanwhile the frothometer is bubbling away nicely, should reach boiling point by Saturday.

Well, the 0-6-0 Caley over at Rails is asking for £180 in plain black.

• RMweb Premium

...now if only Rustons built locos for Irish customers as well, that would be the sort of clever thinking we're beginning to expect from the Accurascale boys...oh no wait a minute, they did build locos for the Irish market...

https://www.steamtrainsireland.com/rpsi-collection/8/no1-carlow

Over the last few years I've been saying that an 88DS would make an excellent choice with its range of BR and PO liveries.

• RMweb Gold

I would say Class 31,37 or 50.

Someone’s actually said something...

Ok open season...

I say a 31, 50 or 55...

Though i’d Love someone to do some 31’s, there kind of being rationed right now but I’ve an inkling we’ll see at least one of my three this weekend, just not sure which one and by whom making it.

Edited by adb968008