British outline lococmotive

• RMweb Premium

I'm

I'm sure that the moderators would want to be satisfied that no donkeys will be harmed in your proposed conversion.

I don't believe real donkeys have been used in making donkey jackets for many years, in the same way that it was only the first few dozen pairs of boots that contained any part of the eponymous Duke.

Well everyone, you have provided us with all sorts of interesting guesses and suggestions. You all seem so eager to know what we are doing so it seems cruel to hold it in any longer, so here’s a sneak peek!

As someone of you may know, Lima released a number of Class 33s in CIE livery, masquerading as an A Class. It seemed fitting to complete that circle since we are doing a proper A Class with IRM, so here is our A in Class 33 livery! Other liveries are available, such as triple grey construction sector which we feel is fitting for an Irish loco in British outline guide!

attachicon.gifA18B15F8-9F3C-4C95-AF77-47C3BC11A91D.png

We know, you are all beside yourselves with excitement! Please form an orderly queue at our stand tomorrow to place your orders. We think that this is going to be such a winner we have drafted in additional staff to deal with demand!

See you tomorrow!

Fran

Colour correct but the number is still wrong. I wanted 33056. Oh what a shame. I will have to give it a miss....

I don't believe real donkeys have been used in making donkey jackets for many years, in the same way that it was only the first few dozen pairs of boots that contained any part of the eponymous Duke.

Is that a clue relating to D9014?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well everyone, you have provided us with all sorts of interesting guesses and suggestions. You all seem so eager to know what we are doing so it seems cruel to hold it in any longer, so here’s a sneak peek!

As someone of you may know, Lima released a number of Class 33s in CIE livery, masquerading as an A Class. It seemed fitting to complete that circle since we are doing a proper A Class with IRM, so here is our A in Class 33 livery! Other liveries are available, such as triple grey construction sector which we feel is fitting for an Irish loco in British outline guide!

attachicon.gifA18B15F8-9F3C-4C95-AF77-47C3BC11A91D.png

We know, you are all beside yourselves with excitement! Please form an orderly queue at our stand tomorrow to place your orders. We think that this is going to be such a winner we have drafted in additional staff to deal with demand!

See you tomorrow!

Fran

Can ye tell me now boyo, o'ive gotta go to me bed now till Monday.......... promise oy won't tell no-one...........I am of Irish descent so I think I am entitled to some priveledge :jester:  :jester:

Mick O Flaherty

Rgds.....Mike

Edited by ikks

really?  all those models have received high praise over the years.

I would like to know what your thoughts are on the HST power cars though . better how?

To a certain extent it is that time has moved on, and what is now possible is better than what could be done back then.

As for the HST, something just looks slightly off and a comment from someone who's judgement I trust that it could be done a lot better.

Well, I can confirm one thing that it won't be. With some self-effacing Irish linguistic humour Fran told me last night there's no way he could announce a Class Tirty Tree as their first UK loco.

There will be an unveiling ceremony on the stand at 10.30 if you want to see what it really is. There will be a follow-on surprise 15 mins later too.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

If I was guessing Id go diesel. 

I think people generally think the super detailed Hornby models are very good. So that would rule out, class 31, 50, 60, 67, HST. However, some of Bachmann's while good possibly could be upgraded. Here Im looking towards class 37, 47, 55, but I also think a project like this needs something to grab the headlines away from a workhorse. So thus Im guessing... Class 55. Deltic.. 

It could be steam, but I think the mechanism under a diesel would be easier to make to get started as a first product. So thats my logic... 

Probably rubbish. 

Congratulations Black Hat, you were right!!

See that adb968008 and I both agreed with your selection...… but then we both attended 071s presentation at the Model Railway Club in London a couple of months ago where buried in the presentation was a brief view of a Deltic. 

Motto for the future, attend and take notice of Accurascale's  presentations ……..

Keith

• Like 1

Congratulations Black Hat, you were right!!

See that adb968008 and I both agreed with your selection...… but then we both attended 071s presentation at the Model Railway Club in London a couple of months ago where buried in the presentation was a brief view of a Deltic. 

Motto for the future, attend and take notice of Accurascale's  presentations ……..

Keith

So, should I quickly offload my Deltic fleet?

I would buy one if a preserved 55 is on the list so I can run a charter or railtour on my modern image layout, don't know much about the Deltic's but can anyone confirm if a preserved variant or suitable for today is on the list to be done?

Edited by classy52

I would buy one if a preserved 55 is on the list so I can run a charter or railtour on my modern image layout, don't know much about the Deltic's but can anyone confirm if a preserved variant or suitable for today is on the list to be done?

Take a look at the second thread (the Locomotion / Rails / ...) where there are 2 listed for era 9