Question about ESU sound decoders

Paul80

Hi

Ok so all my sound decoders or Zimo decoders and my usual sound supplier is able to write all his files to all the different Zimo decoders.

The problem is my he does not do the sounds for my next project which the Dapol N-Gauge Class 121, so following most people's recommendations I had a look on DC Kits website at the Legomanbiffo sounds and they do list a Class 121 but not in the 2mm section, which has all the 6 pin micro decoders, it's listed in the 4mm section on the larger standard decoders. Anyone know if there is a technical reason for them to not offer all their sounds on the 6pin micro decoders, is there dome sort of technical limit in the micro ESU decoder that limits which sound files they can load.

Sorry if the answer is obvious but I have no experience with ESU decoders.

Thanks for any help with this.

Thanks Legomanbiffo for confirming. Can I suggest you have a chat with DC Kits as their website is very confusing and off putting to some buyers, it needs a bit of updating.

Listing only some sounds for 2mm modellers does make 2mm modellers look elsewhere for their sounds, and it's not just me, going by dome of the comments on the 2mm based forums.

Can I suggest a simple pick sound, pick decoder, pick speaker, pay option.

Thanks

Hi

Ok so all my sound decoders or Zimo decoders and my usual sound supplier is able to write all his files to all the different Zimo decoders.

The problem is my he does not do the sounds for my next project which the Dapol N-Gauge Class 121, so following most people's recommendations I had a look on DC Kits website at the Legomanbiffo sounds and they do list a Class 121 but not in the 2mm section, which has all the 6 pin micro decoders, it's listed in the 4mm section on the larger standard decoders. Anyone know if there is a technical reason for them to not offer all their sounds on the 6pin micro decoders, is there dome sort of technical limit in the micro ESU decoder that limits which sound files they can load.

ALL Legomanbiffo sound are available on any decoder from esu, the website on the 2mm only lists the loco's we have fitted sound too.  We see little point just listing a long list of Classes in 2mm IF they won't fit into the Farish or Dapol locos.

If you have tried a and know a specific decoder fits a Farish or Dapol loco, PLEASE let us know.

Charlie  DCKits

Hi

A Quick e.mail to charlie@dckits could have answered this question, sorry for the confusion but please 'JUST ASK'  or ring 01132 563415.  I won't bite.     Charlie