ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

A friend of mine is venturing into DCC and is looking to equip a couple of Locomotives

He has looked at DCC Concepts DCD-Z218 Zen & Gaugemaster GM-DCC27 chips for fitting into Bachmann 37 or 47

Any advice on the above or other options would be most welcome

All my stock is sound chipped either ESU or latterly Zimo so I haven’t a clue

Eltel

likewise I've never had troubles with the various DCC Concepts chips, having installed several now in my Hornby and Bachmann locos.

They support a range of CVs which some basic devices don't (may be relevant later), details on their website.

If he does get the DCC Concepts chips, the Stay-alive that comes with them doesn't do much, it's a small capacitor and can be omitted for simplicity's sake or included if desired.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

For price alone it's worth giving the Laisdcc decoder a go and at just under £10 it's difficult to fault them. Also with a look is the Zimo MX638D for £20.

Thanks for your post.

Please see post number 4

Eltel

For price alone it's worth giving the Laisdcc decoder a go and at just under £10 it's difficult to fault them. Also with a look is the Zimo MX638D for £20.

It isn't difficult to find fault with the LaisDCC chips, it is, however, difficult not finding fault with them. :)

• RMweb Premium

It isn't difficult to find fault with the LaisDCC chips, it is, however, difficult not finding fault with them. :)

Other than they are not listed as been available using Amazon vouchers

See post 4

Thanks

Anyone else got any observations

What's Post 4? :jester: :jester: :jester:

added as edit:

sorry, couldn't resist a little humor, that usually happens when I post.

As my latin teacher said many eons ago, "when all else fails, read the instructions"

take 2: sorry that was my Engineering Drawing Teacher, Latin Teacher's favorite was "when in doubt, leave it out!"

Colin

Edited by BWsTrains

• RMweb Premium

What's Post 4? :jester: :jester: :jester:

added as edit:

sorry, couldn't resist a little humor, that usually happens when I post.

As my latin teacher said many eons ago, "when all else fails, read the instructions"

take 2: sorry that was my Engineering Drawing Teacher, Latin Teacher's favorite was "when in doubt, leave it out!"

Colin

The one after post 3 and the one before post 5

He has some Amazon vouchers, and that’s all choices he could find if he wished to use his vouchers

Thanks

The one after post 3 and the one before post 5

He has some Amazon vouchers, and that’s all choices he could find if he wished to use his vouchers

Thanks

Yes, I got that up front before my reply, others didn't and I was having a light-hearted "prod"

Edited by BWsTrains
  • Like 1