MRJ 267

queensquare

And I think Barry Norman's Editorial re. the Ch. 5 programme is very good, and certainly supports my view of it.
Culrain's description is very good too, but just needs to trim that stray hair on the road - top picture page 210, such is the joy of close up photography   :O .
Excellent edition.

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It is difficult to read the text on these images because they have been posted on their sides.

Is it possible for them to be edited to be the right way up, please?

Really? There are only ten lines or thereabouts, it's hardly war and peace!

Just send your chiropractors invoice to Jerry!

Mike.

• Like 2

Really? There are only ten lines or thereabouts, it's hardly war and peace!

As the biting easterly wind (Perhaps from Tolstoy's Siberia) hits our Village,

I'm reminded to keep a look out for the snowflakes coming  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

For our antipodean readers.

This looks to be a cracker once again. Top drawer.

Rob

post-14122-0-52102300-1542717859.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My copy was delivered (Devizes), about 45 minutes ago and what a cracking issue! It's another classic in my humble opinion and just like the recent issue featuring Gordon Gravett's "Arun Quay", I can see me wearing this issue out too. MRJ at its best!

Regards

Dan

• RMweb Gold

No Christmas Quiz again? That's a shame, but otherwise it looks interesting.

Thankfully.....no.

Rob

• Like 1

Picked up a copy from the local newsagent on my way to an appointment with fear the vampires phlebotomist for blood tests.

Managed to read the contents page and editors column before being called in....

I shall settle down with a mug of tea and selection of suitable dunking biscuits to peruse the rest of the contents when I have a quiet moment!

Ok, they've got the holly decorations up, but they could have photoshopped a bit of seasonal snow onto the front cover loco.  :sarcastichand:

post-21933-0-22094000-1542813136.jpg

Sort of like this?

HoHoHo!!!!

(Cover image thanks to queensquare above...)

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

John_Hughes
Haverfordwest is a real place, agreed there's no space between the 'd' and 'w', but more of a slip than a typo.  :jester:  

Perhaps you have seen some reference to the Haverford College Dept for East Asian Languages & Cultures, but that's in the USA.

John_Hughes

Haverfordwest is a real place, agreed there's no space between the 'd' and 'w', but more of a slip than a typo.  :jester:  

Perhaps you have seen some reference to the Haverford College Dept for East Asian Languages & Cultures, but that's in the USA.

Yes, I know Haverfordwest / Hwlffordd rather well, and it was the erroneous space that caught my eye. What the distinction is between a slip and a typo is above my pay grade, but there's a real typo in the previous letter, so we can no doubt agree on that.

More seriously, I had a good read yesterday evening and enjoyed the whole mag enormously. Certainly this is yet another topping issue - there really are glory days for MRJ.

• Like 1

In the Newcastle Smiths this morning. More than the three that arrived last month as well

Morpeth smiffs is awash with them (minus one)...the conspiracy theorists amongst us would suspect smiffs trawl the web looking for their name being mentioned...and have acted upon last months moans. (PS if I keep calling them smiffs they'll never read this)

• Like 1