YOB Plasser 12t GPC in OO Gauge from Hattons Originals

Hattons Dave

They are still showing on the Hattons web site as due into stock between January and March 2021.  I have  some versions on my "wishlist".  I don't know whether wishlists are used in any way as a way of measuring potential demand over and above firm orders.

Given they have invested so much effort into the research & CAD, they must have had a very disappointing pre-order book to justify their decision.  Or perhaps the Genesis range was looking so much more promising that they saw that as a more profitable way of using their resources for now - maybe it is just suspension as they have called it, rather than cancellation?

• Agree 1

Hi All,

Like others have noted here, I am dissapointed by this decision by Hatton's.

I had one on order (the BB Rail variant) & was eyeing a second in the original all over yellow livery as well.

Perhaps, Hatton's could of increased awareness of the situation before making this decision. 

Hopefully, this will be a 'postponement' not a 'cancellation'.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

Like others have noted here, I am dissapointed by this decision by Hatton's.

I had one on order (the BB Rail variant) & was eyeing a second in the original all over yellow livery as well.

Perhaps, Hatton's could of increased awareness of the situation before making this decision. 

Hopefully, this will be a 'postponement' not a 'cancellation'.

Yes I think some sort of announcement on here as well as their website to say pre-orders are a bit low thus if you are still interested please pre-order otherwise we may have to cancel the project if a minimum amount isn't reached...maybe???

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Me too, was definitely going to buy one but didn’t pre-order. Like others I would have done so if I had known it was essential to hit a certain number but generally don’t see the point in pre-ordering.

will enough comments on here make them re-think/send out a call to arms? Hopefully may get numbers up.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, SHerr said:

Me too, was definitely going to buy one but didn’t pre-order. Like others I would have done so if I had known it was essential to hit a certain number but generally don’t see the point in pre-ordering.

will enough comments on here make them re-think/send out a call to arms? Hopefully may get numbers up.

Well if they do then I'll pre-order both Balfour Betty versions which I was going to purchase on release.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, WILLIAM said:

I don't understand the logic of keeping existing pre-orders open but not accepting new? How will you know if or when there is enough interest to make the project viable?

I had/have 2 on pre-order.

Exactly this! I have one on pre-order. Why only suspend the project but not accept new pre orders if it is so dependent on sales levels to progress?

• Agree 1

Hmmm, seeing all the comments here and Facebook, I guess Hattons could leave the pre-orders button open (though maybe with price TBD) to see if they get the numbers required.

Rather surprised by this news, I had ordered one to complete/compliment my engineering train. And given the large range of engineering rolling stock out there, I thought this crane was the icing on the cake.

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Make your mark models does an impressive kit, so if Hattons dont, I’ll go there eventually when the “ to do before I die” list comes down a bit 

Having built the Make your Mark Models kit for the twin-jib (and a few other products), I can vouch for the quality of their products.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Like lots more on here, I didn’t pre order.I Was just going to wait until they were released. If I had known that to obtain one, you had to pre order, I would have done.

I agree that if Hattons felt they were struggling for numbers to make the project work, they could have made it known on here and in Model Magazines. 
I’m very disappointed and hope Hattons reconsider allowing further pre orders. 

• Agree 2

Very disappointed. I had just ordered a maintenance shed for my track machine depot I was adding to the layout for these cranes. Was looking at buying a few but had not pre ordered as was waiting to see some samples. If I knew a pre order would move the project forward I would have. Anyone want a maintenance shed???

This is the 2nd time Hattons have disappointed me today. Got an email at lunchtime saying half the network rail stuff I had pre ordered in January I would not be getting as they did not receive enough stock. Pre order means nothing. 

Edited by HighPeak45
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

But sadly, seem to be sold out. 

Roy

I would guess that demand dried up with announcement of the Hattons version.

Maybe now he'll make some more.

(On a similar note, demand for the SJR Models MPV virtually fell off a cliff when Bachmann announced their model and I'm sure that's often the case for any kit against a RTR announcement)

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Make your mark models does an impressive kit, so if Hattons dont, I’ll go there eventually when the “ to do before I die” list comes down a bit 

Yes, I can confirm it's an excellent kit, but the possibilty of a good quality RTR version would make it difficult for them to justify producing another batch whilst it is unclear whether the Hattons product is cancelled or merely postponed.

• Like 1

To Hattons Dave.

If your reading this I would like to ask you to please reconsider your decision and at least give all the people that are now commenting on this subject time to get their pre-orders in.

As stated many times already if you are closing your pre-order option how can you gauge demand.

Also as Trains 4U said there may be lots of wholesale options to be explored.

I think most of us appreciate the financial issues that are present in the global market at the moment within the backdrop of a global pandemic and respect that Hattons and other retailers and manufactures have some tuff decisions  to make.

But it seems a shame with so much work already put into the project not to at least allow more time for pre-orders to be taken.

Cheers. D7100.

• Like 6