YOB Plasser 12t GPC in OO Gauge from Hattons Originals

Hattons Dave

As it's still on the website, I assume they haven't decided never to produce it and are still hoping to bring it out eventually.

They've still got wishlists showing some of us want it, but I imagine it's not going to be anywhere near as popular as many locos would be.  They must have a lot of their resources tied up in the generic coaches, and that looks like being the case for some considerable time to come.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just logged on to my Hattons account and my pre-order for one is still on there (ordered 2018!). As far as I'm aware the project was never cancelled outright, just put 'on-hold' so would agree with previous posters that (hopefully) Hattons do still intend to produce the model at some point in time!

• 2 months later...

As Dave stated back on Page 4, the project has effectively been 'mothballed'. This is the trouble with modelling on track plant, its a very niche market and not every particular model will cater to general modellers. Cranes in particular are less modelled simply because they are always 'behind the scenes'. More commonly being seen in transit between yards and worksites, rather than being seen in the yards from passing trains or by those having a nose at where the trains are located within a possession. Although some work in pairs, I've only ever seen them transiting alone between yards, and seeing the number of Falcons and Coalfish within the consist, you can see where the profit margins would be from model making. Not to put a dampener on, but i think we will be very lucky if the project materialises in the future. Although the kit versions of these by MakeYourMark Models sold out many years ago, the best chance of owning one of these cranes for now would be to scratchbuild. Given the annual price increases of existing models, I cast further doubt on the financial viability of the project progressing into tooling and manufacture as the years progress.

• Agree 1

I was rather looking forward to this model, and would probably have gone for more than one.  

The wording on Hattons website seems to me to imply that they were devoting their efforts instead to the Genesis range, and it was shelved a while ago.  As time passes it is looking increasingly unlikely ever to materialise.  Especially at the price shown on the website.

I have one of the Make your Mark kits and it looks as though I will just have to settle for that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/01/2022 at 22:50, Michael Hodgson said:

I was rather looking forward to this model, and would probably have gone for more than one.  

The wording on Hattons website seems to me to imply that they were devoting their efforts instead to the Genesis range, and it was shelved a while ago.  As time passes it is looking increasingly unlikely ever to materialise.  Especially at the price shown on the website.

I have one of the Make your Mark kits and it looks as though I will just have to settle for that.

A cheap jibe, I know, but the crane promised to be an accurate model of something, unlike the Genesis.

29 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Anyway, I have since added it to my wishlist, in the hope that if enough of us do so it will then go into production. One can but hope. :D

Good idea. Shall do.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm pretty sure that the project is now dead.  https://www.hattons.co.uk/directory/versiondetails/article?id=394

They've evidently done some work on it, so in principle I suppose it could be revived if they somehow became convinced there was enough demand.  Sadly that seems unlikely and I think that if a model ever gets produced, it will be by a competitor.

• Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

Just wondering…..

Did anyone visit the Hatton’s stand at Warley over the weekend & get any feedback on whether this general purpose crane will go ahead.

Curious to now as this would make a cracking model.

I spoke to them about the YOB and it’s definitely not happening. Apparently it would have cost as much as a loco was the reason I was told. Which is a shame really. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Mark at make your mark models has confirmed he's looking to do some more kit and RTR versions .

Please email him at marksaps@btinternet.com , to register interest as there will be a waiting list - and indicate what you are after .

Gave a look at his website if you are not familiar 

3F966570-3BBB-4A6A-9042-3E99F5382C1B.png

Edited by rob D2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 03/12/2022 at 00:18, newbryford said:

Marks Models kits are superb resin castings and fit together extremely well.

No connection, other than as a satisfied customer.

(Pic by AY/BRM of this parish - excuse the wibbly handrail)

Feature_2.jpg.2af7ebed53c559b0148ef14be7e1d6fe.jpg

I've got the smaller 12t version on the way to me, as he has just done another run of the kits.  As you've built the big brother of it... would the kit, as it builds, lend itself to a light in the cabin and maybe some lights down the side?  Is there room to hide a simple light function decoder, or are each of the parts solid and would need hollowing out?

• RMweb Gold
On 03/12/2022 at 00:18, newbryford said:

Marks Models kits are superb resin castings and fit together extremely well.

No connection, other than as a satisfied customer.

(Pic by AY/BRM of this parish - excuse the wibbly handrail)

Feature_2.jpg.2af7ebed53c559b0148ef14be7e1d6fe.jpg

That 153 looks very square and flat when you put like that angle.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...