ROCO H0e 2095 class B0 B0 diesel loco arrived!

Stevelewis

Wonder if the rods and cranks will be able to stay on thesd ones?

Well  my  red  one  seems  OK  up  to  now  it  was  joined a  couple of  days  ago  by  a Red/Cream  one  ( Both  sound on  board)

I have  had  more than I can remember of  these  locos  over  many  years   ( Liliput, Stangl, LGB)  never  had  a  rod  or  crank  fall off yet!

They appear to be  selling  well  Gaugemaster  only have  one  variant showing as in stock, some of  the German retailers  appear to have sold  out  of  some variants

If anyone is looking  for  stockists with UK stock Arcadia Rail  has a couple  left

post-10539-0-04117000-1543693553.jpg

Edited by Stevelewis
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Steve, nice locos.  Perhaps you might share some info?  I’m building a U.K. themed OO9 mountain layout (it’s over in the narrow gauge modeling section), with Peco curves on a 5% grade.  My Bachmann Skarloey, Rheneas and 10-12-D all can climb with a maximum of three Peco shorty style cars.  I’ve cobbled together an n-gauge Bo-Bo and these cars, and it’ll pull all I own!

In a hypothetical universe, in your opinion would a narrow gauge U.K. railroad ever import a Bo-Bo 2095 for use, say for tourist excursions?  What I’m really asking is whether the 2095 looks thematically compatible with U.K. rolling stock?  If necessary, I could paint over the OBB scheme with something “generically regional”. If you have mated these, I’d love to see a photo!  I know scales aren’t identical.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry  for  late  reply,  The  2095  is  V E R Y powerful  and  will haul  at  least 8 ROCO  bogie  coaches  which  weigh  approx 2X more  than Peco  L&B Bogie  coaches  up a  1 in  25  gradient on  a  approx.  12" radius  curve.

On a  previous 009  Layout which  was  L&B  themed  I had  Both a  2095  and  A Bachmann Liliput  D15  Bo Bo diesel  both  resprayed  in  dark green livery  and  named    with  nameplates  attached    One  was Lynton  The  other  Barnstaple,  cannot  find  the  photos  though  although  they  did appear  on  this  forum so more  searching  may  locate  them

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  Repainting was exactly what I'd planned to do.  Now, however, my sole source in the USA is out of stock, so I have to wander the web looking for them!

My mini layout has 5% grades on Peco first radius OO9 curves.  The Bachmann Skarloey and Rheneas will pull 2 to 3 Peco micro cars, but there will be times I want to pull more!

IMG_1253.jpg

• Like 4

Bob ……….  Tim  at ARCADIA MODELS  SHAW  Nr OLDHAM (!)  UK  has  just one in  stock,  I am  sure  he  would  post  to  the  USA  I know  he  does send items overseas

But  you would have  to  telephone him as although he  has a  website (arcadiarail.co.uk)  he does not have  an online ordering provision

the  UK phone  number  is 01706882900 Obviously inserting  the UK code and omitting  the first   zero ( I think!)

His trading  hours  are  UK TIMES  0930 until 1630 (approx.)   Saturday,Monday, Wednesday Thursday & Friday

Hope this  helps

Steve 

UPDATE  www.gaugemaster.com appear to  have stock  also

Edited by Stevelewis
update