xtrakcad help please

Cutchie

hi guys im going to ask a big favour.

i have tryed to use xtrakcad but to no avail. would some kind sir please help me buy creating my layout on xtrakcad and sending me the file so i can print it off and glue it to my board?

this would be a big favour and i would appreciate it so much.

this is my plan, but i have done some modification on it,

post-7749-127186809101_thumb.jpg

the bit highlighted in red, needs to be removed.

and the bit highlighted in blue needs to be moved to the area that has the blue zig zag line.

if anyone could do this for me i would be so greatful

a bit of info.

8x4 board

Hornby track

thanks guys

Dan

hello difflock i hope you got my pm here is the picture. me and my granddad drawn it out on paper sorry if the quality is not too good but i did mark it with a sharpie so at least you can see the track work :D

reminder lol

8x4 board

Hornby track

Righto GWR_F - it's done! There's a hell of a lot of the quarter straights used to get things to fit, and also just to give a bit of length to the sidings. You'll see what I mean when you look at the plan. Obviously you'd be better off using flexi track in these areas to cut down the number of track connections ;)

PM me your email so I can send you the file (you may need the HornbyHO.xtp parameter file also - I can send you that as well. It adds some Hornby track to XtrackCAD's database).

Diff.

You're welcome!

Load it up in XtrackCAD, click on stuff, zoom in/out and generally dive in. Just mousing over some icons may give you clues as to what the program wants to do. As long as you don't save a mistake then you won't kill the plan ;) See what your grandad thinks too - some of those sidings seem to be on the small side. Also the geometry can get a bit screwy, especially dealing with curved points. Talking about points; that pair in the upper left sidings - if we flipped them around, then I think it would eliminate all those quarter pieces. It would fit together like the pair in the lower left sidings.

Anyway, I'm just the CAD monkey LOL - it's your layout B)

Diff.

Thanks Diff, i shall have a play around when i feel brave enough lol and i shall be going to see my grandad some time this week so i shall definately show him and ill pass on his feedback Thanks Again DiffDaniel

Archived