Rails announce NER electric autocar in OO

Andy Y

On 27/02/2021 at 09:49, Oliver Rails said:

Hi,  

We were hoping production livery samples would arrive before CNY, however unfortunately they did not arrive prior to Chinese New Year. 

Now CNY is over we expect Heljan UK to receive the samples really soon.

Fingers crossed if all is well with the samples, we expect full product delivery of the Autocar to be late April.

Obviously Covid and Brexit continue to cause some delays so although this is not a guarantee we are very hopeful for this.

Thanks

Oliver

It is quite late April, any news? :-)

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

I hear that they are not far off now. All I need is for them to land the same time as the D Class, Precedents and Caley 812 and then I can file for bankruptcy!

Join the club!  I didn't order the Precedents or Caley 812. But do have a Deltic and J27 and no doubt the Hush Hush will join the party!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting to see the LNER livery sample before deciding whether or not to get one. I like it. It's quirky and unlike anything I currently own, but with a Caley, a Precedent, 2 D classes and a couple of handfuls of Genesis coaches due soon, this one might have to wait a while .:o

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/05/2021 at 08:18, GNR Dave said:

but with a Caley, a Precedent, 2 D classes and a couple of handfuls of Genesis coaches due soon, this one might have to wait a while .:o

I’m in a similar boat.....but I’m not even supposed to be modelling pre-grouping anymore! But I used to many years ago (LNWR with a smattering of Midland and L&Y) and have retained a soft spot for anything Edwardian and in attractive livery. I’ve waited half my life for RTR LNWR stuff and then the Coal Tank came along. Fair enough, it want too expensive to sit in the display cabinet. Then the Precedent was announced (!), jeepers, that was the very definition of a must-have. Then I started to notice all the other attractive recent models I’d either missed, passed-over or had been announced. The risk with these relatively short-run but seductive niche models is that if you don’t pre-order, or at least jump in quickly, they’re sold out and you live to regret it. Take, for example, the Bachmann Midland Johnson 1P 0-4-4T. I put in a serious bid for one recently but it went for over £100 more than the price I could have bought it from Rails just a few months ago. I’ll just have to start selling off some less precious items to make room for all these lovely things coming out. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/07/2021 at 17:15, Samedan said:

I’m not even supposed to be modelling pre-grouping anymore!

Who's forbidden it?!?

On 08/07/2021 at 17:15, Samedan said:

But I used to many years ago (LNWR with a smattering of Midland and L&Y) and have retained a soft spot for anything Edwardian and in attractive livery. I’ve waited half my life for RTR LNWR stuff and then the Coal Tank came along. Fair enough, it want too expensive to sit in the display cabinet. Then the Precedent was announced (!), jeepers, that was the very definition of a must-have. Then I started to notice all the other attractive recent models I’d either missed, passed-over or had been announced. The risk with these relatively short-run but seductive niche models is that if you don’t pre-order, or at least jump in quickly, they’re sold out and you live to regret it. Take, for example, the Bachmann Midland Johnson 1P 0-4-4T. I put in a serious bid for one recently but it went for over £100 more than the price I could have bought it from Rails just a few months ago. I’ll just have to start selling off some less precious items to make room for all these lovely things coming out. 

That is the bind with the modern market. You have to commit early and, frankly, take some risk as to how it comes out at the other end; by the time the reviews come out, often, the thing is gone!

I understand why it has ended up that way. It's just the way of things.

But do succumb to the lure of all things Edwardian; there are still plenty of kits, and now a lot of 3D print and increasing RTR support.

Go on, you know you want to!!!!

And what about the NER?  With the E1, the Autocar and the forthcoming TMC Class O, how long before an RTR manufacturer dons its Brave Pants and produces a tender engine in NE livery?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Only thing is, in NER days I don't think the class O (G5) was a branch line loco — most branches seem to have used the earlier BTP class (LNER G6) 0-4-4T. The J21 would be an ideal choice for a branch line tender engine, they seem to have been used over a wide time period, and one is "preserved" (it appears to be partly cosmetically restored; pre-Covid-19 at least it was at Locomotion, but I don't know who owns it — wasn’t it ex-Beamish?)

Sorry I don't know what NER class the J21 was, but I'm sure someone does…

• Like 2

G5 history here into BR days, they were a very much a Branchline Loco ,etc.

https://www.lner.info/locos/G/g5.php

The BTP's were all gone by 1930 .

https://www.lner.info/locos/G/g6.php

NER Railcars there were only two , both gone by 1931.

https://www.lner.info/locos/IC/ner_petrolelectric.php

J21 was the NER C.

Edited by micklner
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2021 at 19:12, Bishdurham said:

It would appear not!

Quieter than a quiet thing that is quiet.

If it takes silence from them

to make a model of a pioneer that is as good as the SECR D, and early showings of the Caley 812 and Precendent then I’m happy for them to keep quiet

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

NEW NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY ELECTRIC AUTOCAR DECORATED SAMPLES!

WE ARE PLEASED TO SHARE NEW DECORATED SAMPLE IMAGES OF ALL THREE OF OUR EXCLUSIVE NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY ELECTRIC AUTOCAR LOCOMOTIVES. THIS INCLUDES THE NEVER SEEN BEFORE LNER SAMPLE!

DSC00043.jpg.4f865a53f2eab1e452fb0f78c1b1e943.jpg

DSC00038.jpg.4b20a8964c3f8462d205fd43b72bcc81.jpg

DSC00024.jpg.f637ec1d367c511bde00ee4f76eb494d.jpg

DSC00027.jpg.cd4e01cd7fb6b4e0b184c395c4f1525e.jpg

DSC00006.jpg.51459ac9dcdc6f2a2d37b594115e68cd.jpgDSC00011.jpg.aa1da8ea32e3fe37df456ded5860fe0c.jpg

PRODUCTION IS EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED TOWARDS THE END OF OCTOBER. THIS SHOULD HOPEFULLY MEAN WE WILL BE TAKING DELIVERY MID DECEMBER.

DUE TO CURRENT ISSUES WITH COVID, POWER SHORTAGES AND SHIPPING THIS DATE COULD SLIP BACK HOWEVER AT THE MOMENT WE ARE HOPEFUL TO RECEIVE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

On 05/08/2021 at 16:17, D9020 Nimbus said:

Only thing is, in NER days I don't think the class O (G5) was a branch line loco — most branches seem to have used the earlier BTP class (LNER G6) 0-4-4T. The J21 would be an ideal choice for a branch line tender engine, they seem to have been used over a wide time period, and one is "preserved" (it appears to be partly cosmetically restored; pre-Covid-19 at least it was at Locomotion, but I don't know who owns it — wasn’t it ex-Beamish?)

Sorry I don't know what NER class the J21 was, but I'm sure someone does…

The J21 (NER Class C, as micklner has already posted :)is now owned by the Locomotive Conservation & Learning Trust, and is well on the way to a return to steam. She'll be based at Kirkby Stephen (East).

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

Gosh they are nice and hopefully well worth the wait.

Will there be a DCC & Sound version?

No doubt there will be a DCC version but in its restored state it has a modern diesel engine. There is almost certain that there is no recording of the original petrol engines and AFAIK no examples of those engines now survive. So sound is going to be problematical.

• Like 1

See  the photo of the LNER version on page 1of this thread.

Since the start of this announcement when the pre production NER model was shown , I have been asking if the LNER version is going to have the correct exhaust and radiators fitted to the Roof on this thread. That question has been ignored by Rails, every time I have asked.

I am therefore not surprised, that after 3 years of them having my £30 deposit, a photo is now finally shown of the LNER version with a totally incorrect roof fitted to the model. Sadly there are no Curtains fitted either.

I have also emailed Rails re the Roof fittings, and that also has been ignored , sorry not impressed with Rails .

Edited by micklner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...