Kernow team up with Revolution for Mendip and GBRf JNA-T wagons in OO

Andy Y

Hi classy52,

As I said, apologies if the website pricing is unclear.

Beyond that - as you said, it's a forum. You've every right to make your observations - whether fluffy or not - and if I think they're misguided I've every right to point that out!

Cheers

Ben A.

No don't apologise about the pricing on Revolution's web page as it's probably just a glitch with wagon D for all 3 variants and I'm sure will be corrected in due course.

Yes you have every right to express your views and opinions but as a seller it's how you do it and as a potential customer it's how I perceive it (e.g. someone being passive aggressive) thus we'll just leave it there.

Btw in regards to your wagon pricing the 3 variants you have are actually ok @£37.50 and myself  & others were referring to Kernow's price per wagon which is a lot higher but maybe because they only charge £4 (under 2kg or £175) or zero postage costs over £175 & 2kg  and have factored that in as well as other stuff but then again this applies to every sale they do...you see it can be done.

The price is what the price is. It’s always a discretionary purchase.

The difference these days is I don’t stockpile for future layouts,if it doesn’t have an application on the next I’ll try and wait.

I would need the mendip version being down here in the SW.

• Like 1

On a general note - I think its good that people are starting to look at the cost of things, instead of just saying, I will have "X" and "Y".  It should be food for thought, for all manufacturers/suppliers that price is getting an ever important consideration for modellers, and each product needs to be compete, within the market place, not just be made up of what they think they can get away with selling it for, because its an "exclusive".  Nothing lasts forever.........

Regards,

These damn capitalists.

• Like 1

My eye sight isnt as good as it used to be, so I checked once, twice, three times. £50 early bird price for each for a pretty simple open box wagon which are needed in reasonable numbers. Yikes....

The way things are going i need to find another hobby i can afford :(

Edited by sanspareil

My eye sight isnt as good as it used to be, so I checked once, twice, three times. £50 early bird price for each for a pretty simple open box wagon which are needed in reasonable numbers. Yikes....

The way things are going i need to find another hobby i can afford :(

Have you seen the list price of Bachmann 100 ton tanks recently!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

£50 early bird price for each for a pretty simple open box wagon which are needed in reasonable numbers. Yikes....

Box wagon... yes.

Pretty simple... I respectfully disagree. The underframe is a myriad of details, there are four different bodyshells (9 rib, 11 rib, with side door, without side door) and different brake arrangements.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I think it's more the difference in price between the Revolution and KMRC early-bird prices. Fully understand that a retailer will need to add their own margin on top, but 33% ...

Glad it was the DB rake I wanted and not GBRf.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Box wagon... yes.

Pretty simple... I respectfully disagree. The underframe is a myriad of details, there are four different bodyshells (9 rib, 11 rib, with side door, without side door) and different brake arrangements.

Cheers

Ben A.

I think this reaction is down to a sea change in the current design and production of new high quality wagons in both N and OO gauge,most of which has occurred within the last calendar year. I remarked several times both during the Warley Show and on reflection since that in rtr terms this is the year of the wagon with a variety of new items of high quality reaching or about to reach the market.

Much of this is of a standard hitherto undreamed of before now.and has us reaching for superlatives of critical admiration,this forum member included.But there’s no such thing as a free lunch is there ?

You want such high end quality. You have to pay accordingly.Yes it obviously causes price gripe but then ....what else is new on this forum ? Look on it this way.Better to have such quality than not .

I think this reaction is down to a sea change in the current design and production of new high quality wagons in both N and OO gauge,most of which has occurred within the last calendar year. I remarked several times both during the Warley Show and on reflection since that in rtr terms this is the year of the wagon with a variety of new items of high quality reaching or about to reach the market.

Much of this is of a standard hitherto undreamed of before now.and has us reaching for superlatives of critical admiration,this forum member included.But there’s no such thing as a free lunch is there ?

You want such high end quality. You have to pay accordingly.Yes it obviously causes price gripe but then ....what else is new on this forum ? Look on it this way.Better to have such quality than not .

I dont think its just the last year we have seen stunning wagons, I was impressed with Dapol MRA's/Bachmann Polybulks (thankfully) bought before the rises. Its more a continual road of evolution (no pun intended) in standards over the last 20 years.

As a general statement I think the hobby will have to become more niche as costs rise - smaller highly detailed runs at still higher prices for those with deep pockets. I understand even some standard loco production runs are now at just 500 units - historically considered a limited edition. I guess as production levels fall prices will get even higher. 

Edited by sanspareil
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think its just the last year we have seen stunning wagons, I was impressed with Dapol MRA's/Bachmann Polybulks (thankfully) bought before the rises. Its more a continual road of evolution (no pun intended) in standards over the last 20 years.

As a general statement I think the hobby will have to become more niche as costs rise - smaller highly detailed runs at still higher prices for those with deep pockets. I understand even some standard loco production runs are now at just 500 units - historically considered a limited edition. I guess as production levels fall prices will get even higher. 

Yes, and after recently having some GBRf MJA's for £42.50 a pair, they are pretty good (I think the buffers are a little skinny).  But you can have a pair of those wagons and £7.49 change, instead of 1 JNA-T, or £14.49 if you don't do the pre-order price.  It's a no brainer really!

Regards,

C.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 25/11/2018 at 08:55, daz9284 said:

I don't understand why these are £10 more than the Db MWA's and Tarmac / Plain JNA's, as at £50 a wagon, this is double the price of the Dapol IOA. 

Regards

Darryl

On 25/11/2018 at 13:28, classy52 said:

Yes I was thinking there would be something in there for Kernow to add more on top of the basic price that Revolution are offering on their webiste but at £13 more per wagon???...that's a fair hike.

On 07/12/2018 at 23:15, Scottish-Exile said:

I think it's more the difference in price between the Revolution and KMRC early-bird prices. Fully understand that a retailer will need to add their own margin on top, but 33% ...

Expect for the Tail light fitted ones the Kernow Exclusives are/will be the same price as the other wagons now that the only place you can order the others are at the retailers.

• 3 months later...
On 08/02/2019 at 19:22, 159220 said:

Seen these in the Kernow Newsletter today, they do look tasty. 

OO-EAL-005A_web.jpg

OO-EAL-006D_1_web.jpg

Horribly expensive when looking at individual wagons like this...… but, if an individual can get the money together to form a decent rake and hook them up to a Dapol 59 (Mendip wagons)… or a Hattons 66 (GBRf wagons) then while watching them trundle around a layout asking ones self if the cost was worth it, the only answer can be ……. 'Hell yes'.

It will be a fantastic looking train.

On 06/06/2019 at 06:11, eric709 said:

Did my eyes deceive me or was there a plain blue VTG one on the stand at DEMU

is this an additional version?

Yes, Revolution are doing 4 wagons in VTG Blue, 100 of each.  I don't know the status regarding their availability, but, hopefully  in a couple of years, they will do another run of all the liveries for anyone who misses out.  

Regards,

C.

• Agree 1

On 16/09/2019 at 16:04, dogbox321 said:

Yes, Revolution are doing 4 wagons in VTG Blue, 100 of each.  I don't know the status regarding their availability, but, hopefully  in a couple of years, they will do another run of all the liveries for anyone who misses out.  

Regards,

C.

Yes aware they are doing them now, and duly purchased some

but they were only announced last week or so. 

My initial post was based on the fact they was one at DEMU in June, long before it was officially announced 

Received mine yesterday and ran these on Loftus Road last night. They are superb. The detailing is exquisite and they run very well. Even a 'short' rake of eight looks very good and, with a little weathering, will make these a permanent 'runner' for me for a long time.

Just one small question regarding the 'D' wagons fitted with red lamps. Where are the batteries? I now know how to remove the false floors and remove the lamp circuit board, but looked for the batteries everywhere, but to no avail. I know that these batteries are relatively cheap but I am presuming that this was a packing error...

• Thanks 1

According to Trains4U in the Revolution Trains forum the batteries are not included from China so they were waiting for supplies before sending out the models. As far as I can find there is nothing on the Kernow site that says batteries are included but given that other versions will will include the batteries then I think that Kernow at least need to comment on the situation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob83a said:

According to Trains4U in the Revolution Trains forum the batteries are not included from China so they were waiting for supplies before sending out the models. As far as I can find there is nothing on the Kernow site that says batteries are included but given that other versions will will include the batteries then I think that Kernow at least need to comment on the situation.

It may be better if Revolution can give some help here as they would be more directly involved in the process of manufacture and import.

As for purchasing the CR927 batteries locally, no help from my local shops (Chichester and Bognor Regis).. so sadly, Amazon it is!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Shipping regulations mean that, frustratingly, the models cannot be shipped with the batteries included.

We have sourced the batteries separately but they did not arrive before the wagons.  Once they are here customers will be sent them - if you don't receive batteries please contact your retailer.

If you want to source and fit some yourself I have uploaded an illustrated guide to the news page of the Revolution website.

HTH!

cheers

Ben A.