34050 replacement tender body

Ian Hargrave

• RMweb Gold

Email from Hornby Customer Care. Now being dispatched 21/11/18

Update .Delivery today by DPD courier (Hornby's usual choice ) and not Royal Mail as my email stated. Quick turnround  of correction of this model.An example of exemplary service I'd say...…..just 4 months.  I have been assured that the colour match is also sorted btw.Fingers crossed

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Update .Delivery today by DPD courier (Hornby's usual choice ) and not Royal Mail as my email stated. Quick turnround  of correction of this model.An example of exemplary service I'd say...…..just 4 months.  I have been assured that the colour match is also sorted btw.Fingers crossed

Arrived.Colour match confirmed. Exemplary after sales customer care. This week's 5 star school report :angel:  :angel:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

erm ....... interesting topic this ......... what happened before post #1 ? ( do we need a prequel p'raps ? )

Sorry if this irritates you...which I assume is the reason for your post. I did in fact attempt to find the original but obviously failed lamentably...mea culpa. .This refers to R 3618 which was originally supplied with the prototypically incorrect tender body. Hornby was duly informed a have now sent out the hopefully correct version.Those forum members who purchased one back in July/August need to know of this,hence my op  of the 20th.

• Like 1

Sorry if this irritates you...which I assume is the reason for your post. I did in fact attempt to find the original but obviously failed lamentably...mea culpa. .This refers to R 3618 which was originally supplied with the prototypically incorrect tender body. Hornby was duly informed a have now sent out the hopefully correct version.Those forum members who purchased one back in July/August need to know of this,hence my op  of the 20th.

Not so much irritated - just confused and intrigued ...................... what you were looking for was http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/135760-Hornby-royal-observer-corps/?hl=34050&do=findComment&comment=3234138 by the look of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Does anyone know if Hornby are now supplying R3618 Royal Observer Corps to retailers with the correct tender, or is it still up to customers to spot the error and get their own replacement direct from Hornby?

The only way you will get an answer to that is to contact Hornby and ask them.How many retailers.....or for that matter potential buyers ....know of the error in any case ?

• RMweb Gold

My 34050 replacement arrived this am from Derails.

Correct tender, and a good paint job on the body also.post-20773-0-47037400-1544117777_thumb.jpegpost-20773-0-62294800-1544117796_thumb.jpeg

I love the badge on the side of this locopost-20773-0-74887800-1544117808_thumb.jpeg

Heres the original incorrect one, the first 34050 and replacement 34050 share the same shade of green as the first batch.

post-20773-0-40179400-1544119412.jpeg

The green is deeper than previous rebuilt bulleids, but definitely reccomended.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1