Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Accurascale on this announcement.

Is it the first RTR loco to facilitate re-gauging from 00 to P4 and EM? If so, that alone deserves much praise.

Brian

No that honour goes to SLW and their Class 24. SLW offered a service to fit models with P4 or EM gauge wheelsets. Edited by MGR Hooper!

Good basis for doing DP2 as well. Heljan's effort was rather poor.

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Accurascale on this announcement.

Is it the first RTR loco to facilitate re-gauging from 00 to P4 and EM? If so, that alone deserves much praise.

Brian

SLW will do the 24 RTR in P4.

• RMweb Gold

HRRRRMPHHHH!!!!...........Where's Big Bertha?????? :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  Will be placing my pre orders as soon as I am able, well done guys, hope it's very successful for you.

Rgds........Mike

Now that is going to be hard to resist, and potentially available in P4 to boot!

Now to work out which will be best for renumbering as d9000 circa 1998 (after adding the headlight of course)

Look at the other thread, there is one their with a headlight though not sure which / all it is getting produced for.

Well done on the deltic pity a southern branch line cant justify one. However it is good to see EM and P4 being offered. With ready to lay points and flexible track EM may soon become mainstream that would be great.

Well done Accurascale looking forward to seeing further new models being introduced.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I’ll settle for one of whatever it is you’ve got planned instead... can I be order 001 ?

Indeed i’ll even show a little blind faith.. to be order 001... and order it without knowing what it is.

That can be another 1st... you’ve sold something without saying what.

And here it is, order number 1.. for 2... at 10.39am.

D9010 Green FYE but with BR double arrows.. one we’ve not had before, and Ballymoss, Finsbury Park white cabs. I will probably follow on with 55005.

post-20773-0-77986000-1543058903_thumb.jpeg

Mind you I did make an educated guess back in August, if you take the first two letters of the first loco, followed by the first letter after the aprostophe for each loco In the list below, in the same order what word do you get ?

:)

If it is then

You should have seen the PowerPoint we saw at the MRC then !

De Glenn,Leader, The Paget loco, Intl train (BREL) Caprotti 5’s, plus the W1, full rake XP64, class 140 even the new class 230..

Full EP with paint samples, in T, N, TT, OO and O...

Just didn’t say which year.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

I had actually discounted this possibility due to the teaser of a scaly air pipe!

I notice the DPS locos are missing from the list. Special editions via the society perhaps?

The Nim.

Yes, DPS and Locomotion Edited by adb968008

I had actually discounted this possibility due to the teaser of a scaly air pipe! 

I notice the DPS locos are missing from the list. Special editions via the society perhaps?

The Nim.

The announcement by Accurascale that they are to produce an OO Scale Class 55 ‘Deltic’ locomotive has enabled Locomotion models, Rails Limited and The Deltic Preservation Society to work together to announce a range of exclusive models that will be jointly marketed by all three organisations.

These models are expected to be released in late 2019 and were announced earlier today at the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition.

The following versions will be produced;

1 – 55015 ‘Tulyar’ in 1980’s BR blue livery with the distinctive Finsbury park white cab (Era 7)

2 – D9019 ‘Royal Highland Fusilier’ BR two tone green as running post 1965 (Era 5)

3 – D9009 ‘Alycidon’ in BR blue livery with pre-TOPS number for mainline running, high-intensity headlight, GPS pods, etc. as currently operating on the main line (Era 9)

4 - D9002 ‘Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry’ in two tone green livery as currently preserved and running on the National Network (Era 9).

5 - D9002 ‘Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry’ in two tone green 1980 with full yellow ends as repainted for its final thirteen months in traffic before withdrawal on 31st December 1981. The repaint into its colours was paid for with the aid of a grant from the Friends of the National Railway Museum (Era 7).

6 - D9008 ‘The Green Howards’ in ex-works green livery without yellow warning panel and without name as delivered in July 1961. Central BR Totem, plain sides. no vents etc (optional name plates will be provided in the box to be affixed if required) The locomotive was not named until 30th September 1963. (Era 5)

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

• Like 4

Presuming the surveying was done by scanning, I wonder whether the data was tidied up to make the underframe sidesills straight. Even when relatively new, some photos show something of a sag between the bogies, which would only have increased over a hard-worked life. Presumably the framing continued the gradient outboard of the bogies, pointing the cabs slightly skywards.

Perhaps this real-world deviation from the EE designers' intent contributed to the controversy over the bonnet top slope on the Bachmann model.

The Nim.

PS: I see no mention of buffers. These changed over the life of the locos, originally being Turton-Platt types, which were slimmer. This was reflected in the 'cuff' panels covering their bases.

Edited by Nimbus