Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Christmas card arrived yesterday - lovely touch, chaps! 

Likewise. Even their Christmas card has a touch of class even though it's really a subliminal reminder that any money you may receive for Christmas from loved ones is actually theirs held in trust by you, the receiver of such niceties. ;)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

How strange, the secret message in mine said "buy more wagons, and be quick about it!"

Mine had a subliminal message in it...

It said...happy christmas and you really need to bug us to make a class 31 in New Year.

Strange, today I cant help thinking about class 31/5’s in plain Blue with orange cantrail stripe,on Blackpool runs.

At the service service station, we had Ice Cream, instead of 99 please, I said 97204 please, indeed I was looking for 31413 when my little one asked for ice cream.

Then i asked a Skinhead for a Mappa Mundi and put Wigan Pier in the sat nav.

Stuck in endless traffic, we were like 3 men in a boat, and instead of the fast lane. i headed for the mainline livery. Of course any trip that passes Wigan, you have to look see if Bodacea is still stranded in the bay platform of North Western, after all it was there so long it became a bit of a Brush Veteran.

Happy Christmas and a Brush new year.

Edited by adb968008

Mine had a subliminal message in it...

It said...happy christmas and you really need to bug us to make a class 31 in New Year.

Strange, today I cant help thinking about class 31/5’s in plain Blue with orange cantrail stripe,on Blackpool runs.

At the service service station, we had Ice Cream, instead of 99 please, I said 97204 please, indeed I was looking for 31413 when my little one asked for ice cream.

Then i asked a Skinhead for a Mappa Mundi and put Wigan Pier in the sat nav.

Stuck in endless traffic, we were like 3 men in a boat, and instead of the fast lane. i headed for the mainline livery. Of course any trip that passes Wigan, you have to look see if Bodacea is still stranded in the bay platform of North Western, after all it was there so long it became a bit of a Brush Veteran.

Happy Christmas and a Brush new year.

Mine had quite a different subliminal message "..........Scots Grey.......DCC sound........more Cemflos........PCAs..........ROSEBUD" !

I then woke up with a start this morning and found my wife had brought me one of their gift cards. 

Is that the earliest recorded instance of locomotive kissing ?

I first saw this at the ELR at their first diesel gala in 1988, never quite got it myself.

As for keeping the hobby secret, I did for many years, and faced much ridicule at school.

In 1991, I got over it and appeared on ITVs Youbet ! With a railway challenge (Still have the trophy, but the t-shirt hasnt fitted since 1991)., after that it was neither secret nor dis-respected, though my mates at uni made eternal focus of pointing this out to any girlfriend !

My best memory was in Taiwan in 2001, when talking with someone, who arranged me shed access in Taipei whilst on completely unrelated work trip mis-translated in the bar, and referred to me as a Scientist of model trains. By the end of the night a lot of quite nice looking girls in dresses were in my vicinity in the hotel bar !!, though i dont think its class 40’s they wanted.

As an aside, this cap badge, was the driver’s of the last Deltic from Manchester Victoria, ex-Liverpool to York in December 1981, yours truly got to cab it, and as the driver was retiring, removed the badge from his hat and gave me, at 6 years old, before departing up Miles Platting bank...

going to go into pedant mode here the final deltic run over the pennines was KOYLI on the 08.05 ex york and 13.05 ex lime street return the thursday before the final runs on the ecml ans withdrawl the following monday .this diagramme was regulaly used as a running in turn for whichever Deltic was out on that weekends railtours.suspect your capbadge may have been obtained the previous weekend when two Deltics worked to lime street one of which carried a transpennine deltic farewell headboard .i have a foto of koyli at stalybridge on the return working that thursday taken whist waiting to board the Stockport dodger on the way for an afternoon shift as a trb at Heaton norris box

• RMweb Gold

going to go into pedant mode here the final deltic run over the pennines was KOYLI on the 08.05 ex york and 13.05 ex lime street return the thursday before the final runs on the ecml ans withdrawl the following monday .this diagramme was regulaly used as a running in turn for whichever Deltic was out on that weekends railtours.suspect your capbadge may have been obtained the previous weekend when two Deltics worked to lime street one of which carried a transpennine deltic farewell headboard .i have a foto of koyli at stalybridge on the return working that thursday taken whist waiting to board the Stockport dodger on the way for an afternoon shift as a trb at Heaton norris box

Do you have details on the times, my memory at the time puts it as an evening departure up Miles Platting from the platform directly adjacent to the stabling road, (Under the concert arena today). I recall this platform was a bit fat under the canopy, wide stairs, big clock (i think) at the top.

Do you have details on the times, my memory at the time puts it as an evening departure up Miles Platting from the platform directly adjacent to the stabling road, (Under the concert arena today). I recall this platform was a bit fat under the canopy, wide stairs, big clock (i think) at the top.

sounds like you were at the sunday event as that was was in the early evening .the thursday train with koyli would of been between 13.30 & 13.45 at victoria as i photografed it at around 14.00 hrs at Stalybridge heading east

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for the Christmas card............Great photo, but whats that white stuff on the ground?? :jester:  :jester:

Have a great and successful 2019.............Rgds. Mike

Seeing today was 55021’s last run a mere 37 years ago! I thought I would post a pic of my fave plate rubbing probably because it’s one of my best efforts and done single handed one windy November night on York station 1981. 31st Dec my father and I had just rode back from Selby on 22 and thought we would try one last sighting so off we went on his Honda 90 moped to Moor Lane bridge Naburn near York and saw 21 limp home on one engine”. Ah those were the days, give me a time machine! The point of all this, well if you were there you will understand, but thanks to Accurascale for finally producing the definitive Deltic and oh thanks for the Christmas card and have a very order full new year.post-12546-0-55065700-1546250129_thumb.jpeg

• Like 10

Seeing today was 55021’s last run a mere 37 years ago! I thought I would post a pic of my fave plate rubbing probably because it’s one of my best efforts and done single handed one windy November night on York station 1981. 31st Dec my father and I had just rode back from Selby on 22 and thought we would try one last sighting so off we went on his Honda 90 moped to Moor Lane bridge Naburn near York and saw 21 limp home on one engine”. Ah those were the days, give me a time machine! The point of all this, well if you were there you will understand, but thanks to Accurascale for finally producing the definitive Deltic and oh thanks for the Christmas card and have a very order full new year.attachicon.gif4D7E639E-E4EF-444E-9D10-41F3AC28FBE9.jpeg

What a great picture - the only one I have ever seen of a completed Deltic nameplate rubbing.

I actually started a thread here in the 'UK Prototype Discussions' section on 30th October 2017 with the title 'Souvenirs from the Good Old Days', with the hope of someone sending in a photo of one, although none appeared.

Here's the picture which prompted that thread - one of mine taken at York on 5th August 1980 also of 55021, with attendant 'rubbers' in action - You're not one of them, are you?

post-24907-0-96083900-1546557141_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Trevor

• Like 8

No Trevor not my handiwork I’m afraid, it was a night time job Fri 27 Nov 1981 and 21 was working 19:55 York to Kings Cross (I don’t have a good memory I just refreshed it courtesy of Napier chronicles website I originally thought it was Fri Nov 5 but that date didn’t exist and 21 wasn’t working either my poor memory after 37 years! Anyway there wasn’t a soul about and as the train started at York I had bags of time but it was windy, not a good combination with plate rubbings so I unrolled my wallpaper and taped it to the body side not before having it sucked over the air intake probably starving the engine of air for few seconds! Took my time and did a decent job my last rubbing but one I had been after for ages. Great photo of an era where iPhones and playstations hadn’t been invented this is what we did for fun! I’ll have a search for more rubbings and other stuff other folks must have similar relics stashed let’s see it eh - a bit of fun!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

As development of the Deltic continues apace here and in China, we will bring you some significant news and milestones over the coming weeks and months so you can keep up to date with the creation of our first British locomotive. 

One such item of news is the sound system. As you may know, ESU recorded our sound project for the Deltic last summer at the Spa Valley Railway, in preparation for its release on their as then unannounced new sound chip. We can now reveal that our sound equipped locomotives will feature the new ESU Loksound V5 sound chip when they arrive later this year.

post-7114-0-84296500-1547137886_thumb.jpg

Below is some of the spec and info on the the latest chip from ESU themselves, and we are very excited to be using it and all the enhancements it will bring to the model.

The LokSound decoder of the fifth generation has been completely redeveloped. By using a new, powerful 32-bit processor, all the features of the previously known LokSound decoders have been significantly improved: LokSound 5 decoders play up to 10 sound channels simultaneously, each channel achieving hi-fi quality thanks to 16-bit resolution and 31250Hz sample rate, With a LokSound 5 decoder, the sound quality and dynamic range of your locomotives will almost match the original. 128 Mbit noise storage provide enough capacity. 

LokSound 5 decoders feature even better engine load control with up to 50 kHz clock speed and noise-optimized motor control so that in the future even bell anchor or gauge 1 engines with excellent low-speed driving characteristics will drive silently. 

LokSound 5 decoders have numerous outputs for controlling light and additional functions and can control RC servos or SUSI modules as required. 

In addition, every LokSound 5 decoder is a true multi-protocol decoder with all four known data formats: in addition to DCC with RailComPlus, they all understand the M4 format and automatically log on to modern Märklin® control units. Support for Motorola® and Selectrix® makes it possible to use it with older control panels. Furthermore, every (even N track!) LokSound 5 decoder can be run on analogue DC and AC systems. The desired operating mode is automatically detected. 

Depending on the central unit, up to 32 functions are possible, which can be assigned any special functions with the uniquely flexible ESU function mapping. Three new, individually adjustable brake controls, as well as a two-stage heavy-load simulation, bring just as much joy of playing as the new random functions, with the help of which light effects can also be controlled at random. To meet the different sizes and power requirements of the vehicles, LokSound 5 decoders are offered in various versions."

Of course, while a new chip with more functions, better locomotive control and extra storage capacity is nice, it is only part of the the experience. As we outlined previously, our speaker system will be 'top of the line' and help create the best possible Deltic drone in 4mm. We will reveal more details on this in the coming months when we receive prototype models to test (Which we will film and show to you of course!) but again we are going for the very highest spec and on recommendation with ESU. 

It's also interesting that in all our pre-sales so far that sound and DCC ready are 50-50 in the sales charts, so we're hellbent on getting the sound as good as we can make it.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 9

Thanks for the information on the new sound chip.

What will the sound be like on traditional DC?

Can we easily change pre-orders from the DCC-Ready version to the DCC-Sound version?