Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

Following up on your recent e-mail circular about liveries being confirmed, I wonder if it might be helpful to some potential purchasers for you include in the details for each model on your website the approximate timescales that livery/those specific details applies to, and possibly also where the loco was allocated. 

Probably of greater relevance to the BR period models.  e.g. if I wanted to have an overall green version and one with a small yellow nose panel which ones were running at the same time? 

I presume some of the livery choices were based on a specific loco being the first, or last, to carry a specific variant, or that they carried it the longest.  Anyway, just a thought!

Hi 26power,

it's something we will try to include in time, but in the meantime I would recommend the excellent Napier Chronicles website for that sort of information, it really is an amazing resource and something we wouldnt be able to hold a candle to! It should help you make your decision http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/

Cheers,

Fran

Following up on your recent e-mail circular about liveries being confirmed, I wonder if it might be helpful to some potential purchasers for you include in the details for each model on your website the approximate timescales that livery/those specific details applies to, and possibly also where the loco was allocated.

Probably of greater relevance to the BR period models. e.g. if I wanted to have an overall green version and one with a small yellow nose panel which ones were running at the same time?

I presume some of the livery choices were based on a specific loco being the first, or last, to carry a specific variant, or that they carried it the longest. Anyway, just a thought!

D9007 Pinza ran for a long time in all over green into Jan 1963 at least by which time small yellow panels were quite common. Edited by delticfan

Probably of greater relevance to the BR period models.  e.g. if I wanted to have an overall green version and one with a small yellow nose panel which ones were running at the same time? 

I presume some of the livery choices were based on a specific loco being the first, or last, to carry a specific variant, or that they carried it the longest.  Anyway, just a thought!

Maybe in advance of a website update, this poster would like to state what news there was about liveries being confirmed, and therefore enlighten those of us who were unable to order our desired Deltic varient through Accurascale direct, and therefore do not get email updates about the Deltic....

Otherwise there is an element of 'I know something that not everyone knows' about this post, even if you are asking the info to be updated on the website!

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Gold

Seeing as how technology has moved on so much and the latest locos have just so much detail added to the main body, I wonder why no one has done a body with changeable nose pieces ? It seams the Deltic range could be a prime candidate for this and would make model variations easier to produce ? Yes I know purists would say that the actual locos had more than just nose variations but most of the posts I see here are to do with nose/ headcode variations so surely interchangeable noses would help with the most visible differences ? Just a thought :-)

• RMweb Gold

Seeing as how technology has moved on so much and the latest locos have just so much detail added to the main body, I wonder why no one has done a body with changeable nose pieces ? It seams the Deltic range could be a prime candidate for this and would make model variations easier to produce ? Yes I know purists would say that the actual locos had more than just nose variations but most of the posts I see here are to do with nose/ headcode variations so surely interchangeable noses would help with the most visible differences ? Just a thought :-)

Interesting idea, but unfortunately with the different lights required and differences between models, resulting light bleed through joins and the hole question of seams created through push fit parts I just cant see it working I'm afraid.

Cheers!

Fran

I'm not sure I follow the question. The Bachmann one already does some different noses and even some different details. However Accurascale are taking all that to a higher level. Which I believe most people will find as one of the big selling points to want to go out and buy a new Deltic (it is certainly one of mine in a list).

Doubtless behind the scenes the tooling will various slides and other methods to allow the variations to be produced just as Bachmann's does today - only with more options/details.   

I agree things get a bit complex if we are repesenting locos on a particular short period of days in their lives, many modelers would run it outside that or rule 1 applies.

Personally I will have no problems running 55022 in a 70s senario or a later preserved senario even if technically she will be as per some of her last months in BR operation - which is what I remember.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure I follow the question. The Bachmann one already does some different noses and even some different details. However Accurascale are taking all that to a higher level. Which I believe most people will find as one of the big selling points to want to go out and buy a new Deltic (it is certainly one of mine in a list).

Doubtless behind the scenes the tooling will various slides and other methods to allow the variations to be produced just as Bachmann's does today - only with more options/details.   

I agree things get a bit complex if we are repesenting locos on a particular short period of days in their lives, many modelers would run it outside that or rule 1 applies.

Personally I will have no problems running 55022 in a 70s senario or a later preserved senario even if technically she will be as per some of her last months in BR operation - which is what I remember.

I had interpreted it as 'user applied' John, but I wasn't 100% myself. Suffice to say that there is multiple tooling slides for all the nose ends we're doing, of which there are many!

Cheers,

Fran

• RMweb Gold

It was just some blue sky thinking lol. I understand about different lights etc, but surely thats an advantage as each different nose could have a variation of light cluster, if required with a universal plug and play cable to attach them to. Ok light bleed - so each different nose is a self contained unit with bulkhead that stops light bleed into the main body ?, and yes I was thinking user applied ( supplied as an addon kit) that would give SOME options for the many variations that might NOT make it into a full production run. I understand and Admire what Acurascale are doing, taking things up a level in detail and quality and hope once I've sold one of the grandchildren, to be purchasing one of their sound locos but there will always be variations that will never be produced and I wonder if this option, even combined with an un liveried base model, could be a way of supplying these variations ? Ok off back into dream world :-)

• RMweb Gold

It was just some blue sky thinking lol. I understand about different lights etc, but surely thats an advantage as each different nose could have a variation of light cluster, if required with a universal plug and play cable to attach them to. Ok light bleed - so each different nose is a self contained unit with bulkhead that stops light bleed into the main body ?, and yes I was thinking user applied ( supplied as an addon kit) that would give SOME options for the many variations that might NOT make it into a full production run. I understand and Admire what Acurascale are doing, taking things up a level in detail and quality and hope once I've sold one of the grandchildren, to be purchasing one of their sound locos but there will always be variations that will never be produced and I wonder if this option, even combined with an un liveried base model, could be a way of supplying these variations ? Ok off back into dream world :-)

Hi Matt,

Never anything wrong with a bit of blue sky thinking. I have bought undecorated American models akin to kits, with bags of bits, but I note that these are not really released anymore as they werent selling. I absolutely believe that they would not be commerically viable in the British market. 

When it comes to nose ends, since we're doing high intensity headlights for the mainline preservation era, WIPAC headlights unique to Gordon Highlander for a short period, the unique step for D9000, plated headcode, alpha-numeric headcode, domino headcode, different horn arrangements to name but a few etc etc it seems we are covering all the bases when it comes to nose ends too. :) 

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone else received an invoice for full payment? I paid the deposit straight after ordering

Hi Philip.

We send out a statement every so often so customers paying in instalments can see what the current balance is. We also sent out a notice today as some customers have yet to pay their deposit, or some notices have not come through with the correct information re order numbers or bank details. If anyone has received this, please email us at info@accurascale.co.uk so we can rectify that for you. We recommend customers do that if they are unsure of any email they receive from us as we can miss queries posted in forums and are only too happy to help with customer queries when emailed. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

Hi Philip.

We send out a statement every so often so customers paying in instalments can see what the current balance is. We also sent out a notice today as some customers have yet to pay their deposit, or some notices have not come through with the correct information re order numbers or bank details. If anyone has received this, please email us at info@accurascale.co.uk so we can rectify that for you. We recommend customers do that if they are unsure of any email they receive from us as we can miss queries posted in forums and are only too happy to help with customer queries when emailed. 

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, I have a slight issue, my account is reading as having the full amount go out for a pre-order, but when I called the main office I was told that I should expect an email for the £30 deposit. Now it might just be that they haven't gotten around to it, but I'm worried that I'm going to end up being asked for a deposit on top of the full price being paid, due to, whatever error. Or have I gotten the wrong end of the stick? I could PM you my order details if you wanted. 

Also, I guess I'm one of you now, so do we... like worship in a Deltic shaped temple, or is it a lamb and burnt offerings affair? :D

ScR  

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fran, I have a slight issue, my account is reading as having the full amount go out for a pre-order, but when I called the main office I was told that I should expect an email for the £30 deposit. Now it might just be that they haven't gotten around to it, but I'm worried that I'm going to end up being asked for a deposit on top of the full price being paid, due to, whatever error. Or have I gotten the wrong end of the stick? I could PM you my order details if you wanted. 

Also, I guess I'm one of you now, so do we... like worship in a Deltic shaped temple, or is it a lamb and burnt offerings affair? :D

ScR  

Hi ScR,

It may have ended up in your spam folder? We certainly wont be making you pay twice, don't worry! Can you email us with your order number to info@accurascale.co.uk and we will get it sorted for you? It really is much easier and quicker to get it sorted via email than on here as our accounts man can go to work for you and get it resolved in a timely fashion.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Hi ScR,

Once you ordered, you would have chosen Deposit or Bank Transfer as the payment method, unless you chose to pay in full using Card or Paypal at the checkout.

Once the order sync'd over to our accounting platform, you would have received an email invoice, with the order confirmation and instructions on performing a wire transfer or a PayPal payment for the deposit amount.

Feel free to PM me your order number if you did not receive the email with your invoice and the payment instruction. (You should have received it again today if your order is in without payment as yet).

Hope that helps!

Stephen

Edited by McC

Unless I have missed it in previous posts, is it possible to to say what the overall length in 'mm' will be buffer end to buffer end will be. The Bachman is 290mm, which is to long for some parts of my layout as certain parts of track/points were laid to accomodate my longest engine which is 279mm, but I ahve a soft spot for Deltics having lived at Finsbury Park. Thank you.

• RMweb Gold

Unless I have missed it in previous posts, is it possible to to say what the overall length in 'mm' will be buffer end to buffer end will be. The Bachman is 290mm, which is to long for some parts of my layout as certain parts of track/points were laid to accomodate my longest engine which is 279mm, but I ahve a soft spot for Deltics having lived at Finsbury Park. Thank you.

Hi there,

Ours is going to be an accurate scale representation so if the Bachmann one is too long then ours will be too I’m afraid!

Cheers!

Fran

Hi there,

Ours is going to be an accurate scale representation so if the Bachmann one is too long then ours will be too I’m afraid!

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks for quick reply the 4mm scale length should be 277mm so I will keep my fingers crossed, a remeasure just now and I can get away with 281mm.

Hello Confused

Too long - you will have to look for an old Hornby Dublo or Lima model!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/880/entry-21774-a-deltic-dalliance/

Cheers Ray

• Like 1

Hello Confused

Too long - you will have to look for an old Hornby Dublo or Lima model!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/880/entry-21774-a-deltic-dalliance/

Cheers Ray

Interesting read, yes 278 scale length, so perhaps bachman are over size, found this on Hattons just now showing at 290mm - https://hattonsimages.blob.core.windows.net/products/32-528_1010725_Qty1_RULER.jpg. think I will be allright its only for hidden storage sidings i'm concerned about not radius, could always drop one coach off I suppose . cheers.

Edited by Guest

Confusing!

Interesting read, yes 278 scale length, so perhaps bachman are over size, found this on Hattons just now showing at 290mm - https://hattonsimages.blob.core.windows.net/products/32-528_1010725_Qty1_RULER.jpg. think I will be allright its only for hidden storage sidings i'm concerned about not radius, could always drop one coach off I suppose . cheers.

Depends whether you include the couplings - and were they were made to scale?

I am pretty sure that the Bachmann model is to scale length.

Cheers Ray