Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

On 25/03/2019 at 14:45, dogbox321 said:

Without going off topic too far - Would agree and have thought for a long time that a Cl 37 would be a good move to follow on from the Deltic, and whilst I love Hornby's Class 50, an Accurascale one with sound would make an excellent follow on too (I would quite happily provide a list of the numbers/liveries Hornby have done to avoid number and livery duplication where possible, although some would be required - D400 with correct Handrails, 50149 with correct bogies as examples).   

A Cl.37 would put the Bachmann one out of its misery, just like the Deltic will.  I would go further, but out of respect for Accurascale won't.

Regards,

C.  

So what detailed improvements would you make to the Bachmann 37 and Hornby 50?  Sound?   Hornby produce sound versions of their 50’s, and there is after market suppliers of sound projects 

• RMweb Premium

Sorry if that has already been asked, but my interest is late 60s but looking at the detailed descriptions, it seems that the battery compartment louvres above the nameplate only appear on the green versions with the full yellow ends. I was hoping for them on one of the SYP versions D9020 as in this photo from 1967 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/profsb/20872020243/in/photolist-xNoyrZ-a7qVyF-fU4yc7-Z9zk8R-dbjVXW

but it seems both green SYP versions are without them. Or have I missed something?

Edited by brushman47544
To paste link not embed image

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Sorry if that has already been asked, but my interest is late 60s but looking at the detailed descriptions, it seems that the battery compartment louvres above the nameplate only appear on the green versions with the full yellow ends. I was hoping for them on one of the SYP versions D9020 as in this photo from 1967 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/profsb/20872020243/in/photolist-xNoyrZ-a7qVyF-fU4yc7-Z9zk8R-dbjVXW

but it seems both green SYP versions are without them. Or have I missed something?

Hi there,

No, not in this run, but we will do one in a future run.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

Are the perserved Deltics going to have the nose-mounded NRN arials?

9002 and 9009 and 9016 (in WIPAC condition) are so fitted (or have been). Obviously going into the future, this is not longer needed; and given the very thin almost invisible nature, would be understandable if this is not possible to model safely.

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning Accurascale,

My partner has kindly ordered Ballymoss as a present for me but she would like to be able to pay off the balance as and when prior to the release date. She has sent a couple of emails in the past 2 weeks to reflect this but hasn’t had a reply. Can you enable her account in order to do this?

Regards

Matt Godley

• RMweb Gold

Hi Matt,

Do PM me your order ID - typically all you need to do is send funds using bank, paypal etc, and quote your order number as the reference. The option is entirely a 'push' from your end, not a direct debit or similar form ours - hope that  helps!!

On 02/04/2019 at 10:48, Mattgod69 said:

Good Morning Accurascale,

My partner has kindly ordered Ballymoss as a present for me but she would like to be able to pay off the balance as and when prior to the release date. She has sent a couple of emails in the past 2 weeks to reflect this but hasn’t had a reply. Can you enable her account in order to do this?

Regards

Matt Godley

I use this option Matt and just pop in a random amount  monthly from my mobile banking app and then receive a email mail receipt a week or 2 later.....I'm think its a great way to pay rather than a £250/£ 500 bill on release.

B

• Thanks 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Fran, with your announcement of your Class 92’s and Mk V’s, they have a little overshadowed your Class 55’s.  I was just wondering if there was a update on the progress?

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Hi Fran, with your announcement of your Class 92’s and Mk V’s, they have a little overshadowed your Class 55’s.  I was just wondering if there was a update on the progress?

Hi Jools,

Deltic is still tooling. It takes a number of months to tool a loco, but work is continuing and we will share more news once we have it from China. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

One cold engine start from the Deltic, and we'll see what is overshadowed.

Bit of hard choice, on the one hand, the greatest model railway soundtrack ever possibly the greatest sound ever, on the other hand, the greatest self rising BW panto ever. How to choose which to get out first? 

(Me I prefer the Deltic).

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been covered, but will all the Deltics that are listed in your Listing be delivered together  or will there be a selection of dates for each Model?

Ps I have ordered Gordon Highlander

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, brittannia said:

Sorry if this has been covered, but will all the Deltics that are listed in your Listing be delivered together  or will there be a selection of dates for each Model?

Ps I have ordered Gordon Highlander

All will ship together from our factory. Hope that helps!

Stephen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Davy

no additional payment is due until delivery but if you would like to make installments you can simply use your order ID as reference. 

On 30/03/2019 at 11:06, Andy Mac said:

So what detailed improvements would you make to the Bachmann 37 and Hornby 50?  Sound?   Hornby produce sound versions of their 50’s, and there is after market suppliers of sound projects 

Well, it wouldn't take much to improve the current Lima, ooops sorry I meant to say Bachmann one, particularly at its price now a days.  Particularly below the sole bar, enhanced roof details, etched grilles etc..  It don't really stretch the imagination to see how a better one could be produced.  Just please do not announce 20 versions at the same time. 

Hornby Class 50, well it is nice but there are a few inaccuracies, and it could be just updated to the latest standards.  DCC/servo controlled side luvres would be good, complete with sound!