Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Zontar

There were rumours earlier in the thread that he'd returned, but I think he's downsized to N scale.  I assume he will be included on the sound chips though (sing my beauties).

post-6813-0-46278000-1354747551_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

a sound file would be a suite of f numbered expletives

Off topic: My absolute favourite is the now sadly vanished Zontar's New Car, where the eventual starting up of said Deltic-engined vehicle precipitates an unmatched torrent of expletives; when Zontar's stock of profanities is exhausted, he concludes with a single astonished Eyy up! Peak Zontar.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

Off topic: My absolute favourite is the now sadly vanished Zontar's New Car, where the eventual starting up of said Deltic-engined vehicle precipitates an unmatched torrent of expletives; when Zontar's stock of profanities is exhausted, he concludes with a single astonished Eyy up! Peak Zontar.

That was my favourite too, such a shame it's no longer available.

Douglas

On 26/07/2019 at 13:07, Accurascale Fran said:

We did a purple CAD render on Gordon Highlander for a laugh. Now I cant get Prince songs out of my head for some reason.

Still our best seller so far, so many must love it! I always had a soft spot for it....

Cheers!

Fran

On 26/07/2019 at 20:39, adb968008 said:

A purple Deltic is most popular ?

Sad times.

Sad times.

Perhaps the reason why it is the most popular is because as far as i know there hasn't been any manufacturer produced the purple version with full working lights and with correct tooling.  Samuel.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, sc2016 said:

Perhaps the reason why it is the most popular is because as far as i know there hasn't been any manufacturer produced the purple version with full working lights and with correct tooling.  Samuel.

Lima, made a Porterbrook Deltic, without the “working” lights but it was possible to light up the cluster if you wanted to, whilst they got the light cluster right, they failed  way back in 1979 with the bogies... but that applied to every Deltic they made.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/94075/lima_l205260_9016_sas_class_55_deltic_9016_in_porterbrook_purple_the_gordon_highlander_pre_owned_sol/stockdetail.aspx

Edited by adb968008

2 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Lima, without the “working” lights but it was possible to light up the cluster if you wanted to, whilst they got the light cluster right, they failed  way back in 1979 with the bogies.

I thought that i seen a version online before but while you could light up the cluster it won't be up to nowadays functionally of them.

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, sc2016 said:

I thought that i seen a version online before but while you could light up the cluster it won't be up to nowadays functionally of them.

Agreed, but in my opinion the 4 worst liveries in history were...

47803 Infrastructure yellow

31116 Infrastructure yellow

9016 Porterbrook

41101 2P 4-4-0 in Andy Capp yellow.

i could continue with 73901 in merseyrail yellow and those 73’s in Blue with full yellow ends, small logos and E60xx numbers in the 1970’s, even Engineers drab grey was better.

Deltics need loving respect... Green, Blue..., we’ve waited 35 years for Class 55’s to be reincarnated as class 68s, and no that’s not an invite to put 9016 in TPE “Spaceship” livery, though admittedly it might wear it well.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Deltics need loving respect... Green, Blue..., we’ve waited 35 years for Class 55’s to be reincarnated as class 68s, and no that’s not an invite to put 9016 in TPE “Spaceship” livery, though admittedly it might wear it well.

That is because there were not many 55s to reincarnate. We had to wait for the 50s to go to.....

11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Lima, made a Porterbrook Deltic, without the “working” lights but it was possible to light up the cluster if you wanted to, whilst they got the light cluster right, they failed  way back in 1979 with the bogies... but that applied to every Deltic they made.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/94075/lima_l205260_9016_sas_class_55_deltic_9016_in_porterbrook_purple_the_gordon_highlander_pre_owned_sol/stockdetail.aspx

They also failed in the length of the loco too!

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

That is because there were not many 55s to reincarnate. We had to wait for the 50s to go to.....

50’s have gone ?

No their only hiding.

some day they will return.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Interesting, and indeed somewhat surprising that the Porterbrook purple example is proving most popular.  That said, I'd imagine it is worth considering that sales for Rail Blue and BR Green will be spread across nine and seven variants respectively.  Let's suppose for one moment that only one version of each in Rail Blue and BR Green had been made available, then an educated guess might conclude that the Porterbrook chappy might well have been lower down in the popularity stakes?  The above assumes of course that buyers decide to buy based on livery alone - without factoring in detail and period variations etc - which of course will not be strictly true. 

Edited by YesTor

On 09/08/2019 at 16:53, YesTor said:

Interesting, and indeed somewhat surprising that the Porterbrook purple example is proving most popular.  That said, I'd imagine it is worth considering that sales for Rail Blue and BR Green will be spread across nine and seven variants respectively.  Let's suppose for one moment that only one version of each in Rail Blue and BR Green had been made available, then an educated guess might conclude that the Porterbrook chappy might well have been lower down in the popularity stakes?  The above assumes of course that buyers decide to buy based on livery alone - without factoring in detail and period variations etc - which of course will not be strictly true. 

A 7mm version

Class 55 Diesel No.1 End

• Like 7

The WIPAC clusters do really add something to a Deltic, notwithstanding the obliteration of the original rear lights and headboard brackets (shame they couldn't have been fitted around these). As with the DRS 37s, its likely that some/all of the Deltics would have been so fitted if they'd remained in service.

Here's a question - if you ever make her in TTG with WIPACs (as discussed above), any chance a few extra body shells could be produced so that initial Purple buyers could have both liveries?

I'm finding it hard to resist.... but have issues with the garish purple as a lifetime commitment, even though she did operate on heritage lines in that livery.

By contrast (just to prove she did work on the ML in this condition) yum yum

D9016 + 50002 - Totnes. *

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, maico said:

What's the idea behind that thin yellow line on a few of the green versions ?

p550021443-4.jpg

D9002.jpg

Hi there,

it is the cantrail stripe to warn of overhead lines as worn by mainline Deltics in preservation era that ran on the mainline. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question for Fran and the team,Are any of the models close to selling out please? I have 1 loco (55001) on order and would like to order another one but need to wait a few weeks before I do and hoping they won't sell.out in the meantime. Thanks 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 37114 said:

Question for Fran and the team,Are any of the models close to selling out please? I have 1 loco (55001) on order and would like to order another one but need to wait a few weeks before I do and hoping they won't sell.out in the meantime. Thanks 

Hi Rob,

We don’t have to confirm quantities until we sign off on the EP samples and we plan to carry stock anyway so you’re not in any danger of missing out! When it gets to low figures I’ll let you know, but they’ll be here by then.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4