Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Ryde-on-time said:

The cast & fabricated bogies refers the the prototypes which were initially fitted with fabricated bogies but due to cracking they were replaced with cast ones

Bet that was an expensive replacement exercise!

14 hours ago, Ryde-on-time said:

The cast & fabricated bogies refers the the prototypes which were initially fitted with fabricated bogies but due to cracking they were replaced with cast ones

The Prototype certainly had fabricated bogies. Indeed it still has them!

What I didn't realise is that the production models were so fitted. Indeed it would seem the whole class originally had fabricated bogies.

Here is D1021 at KGX in TTG with fabricated bogies, so I'm guessing all were built like that. Never knew this!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/44613627450/in/photolist-22RzWLw-e96W3J-2aYmv8h-4gRAJ6-dtZ4V6-QH6rwu-23Pw863-PqnA34-22x3RZt-SKNHpo-y9sY13-vhWwSz-N4io7N-9H8kBW-fdsHTJ-2agPfRU-9UTbrP-9G4PSq-5tHvaL-9J8ejL-9H5rHn-AWdHRt-276mCUK-MZxt45-AMdpjp-MgMvXi-NezAQ4-rsgcie-uFCLSp-taz6PS-2gkrNNo-2g6cKtU

10 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Bet that was an expensive replacement exercise!

Not really, the fabricated ones were repaired and put under new class 37's. As the 37's were not pounding along mainlines at 100mph day after day they did not suffer nearly as badly.  The last few class 37's had cast bogies from new also, as presumably once cast bogie production started there was no point in making any new fabricated ones.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

This is indeed correct. The Deltic has plastic bogie components (sideframes etc) and a plastic body over a heavy metal chassis. Cast and fabricated refers to the style of bogies the Deltics featured during their lives.

Cheers!

Fran

Plastic? I want my money back, expected at very least hand beaten alloy body ala Rolls Royce :lol:

• Funny 3

On 08/09/2019 at 12:01, atom3624 said:

Rotating fans would be great - but 4 of them?

4 motors?

2 motors linked with gears?

It would be very nice 'though - I love 'extra details' - opening doors, glowing instrument dials, driver in #1 end, etc ...

Main thing is that it must perform well - decent weight, SUPER smooth low speed, scale load pulling and maximum speeds - Deltic was no slouch!

Al.

Deltics don't do super slow speed. :) Except when coupling up. Just fast or faster. I speak from personal experience on them.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Looking very nice. I had to watch the video more than once as I kept spotting more things. First view I didn't look through the windows at the engine block for example.

Can't wait.

Roy

Thanks Roy, it's there but in black at the moment. When we get the decorated samples they will be painted in correct colours and will really pop.

Cheers!

Fran

Even at it this stage it looks stunning impressive running characteristics of an early prototype, and I had to turn my volume right up to slightly here the motor! Not personally ordered one... yet, as its a bit out of era/region but these next few months this will be fairly expensive either way! 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Office layout?  No wonder we have to wait so long for new models..........your all playing trains every day............just jealous really :lol:

That's a better "Office Layout" than most I have seen at the best shows!

Oh yes..........the Deltic is looking Mmmmmmmmmmmm....bit quiet though ;)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, boxbrownie said:

Office layout?  No wonder we have to wait so long for new models..........your all playing trains every day............just jealous really :lol:

That's a better "Office Layout" than most I have seen at the best shows!

Oh yes..........the Deltic is looking Mmmmmmmmmmmm....bit quiet though ;)

I was going to do a twin napier drone impression for the video but I was locked in a cabinet and told to shut up! 

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I had an email a short while ago containing the blog post in it, and have just recovered from the delightful shock of seeing such an exquisite model to be able to post something here that I hope makes sense!

That class 55 Deltic is the best diesel model I’ve ever seen with just maybe one exception of which I’m saying no more.

To think you are going to make all the relevant corrections is surely testament to your company’s ethos. So many congratulations upon revealing today that truly splendid 4mm scale rendition of the class 55. 

I shall say no more for now, but look forward to the corrected models with eager anticipation.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Market65 said:

I had an email a short while ago containing the blog post in it, and have just recovered from the delightful shock of seeing such an exquisite model to be able to post something here that I hope makes sense!

That class 55 Deltic is the best diesel model I’ve ever seen with just maybe one exception of which I’m saying no more.

To think you are going to make all the relevant corrections is surely testament to your company’s ethos. So many congratulations upon revealing today that truly splendid 4mm scale rendition of the class 55. 

I shall say no more for now, but look forward to the corrected models with eager anticipation.

Best regards,

Rob.

Thanks Rob, I'm guessing that you saw this post earlier this week? 

:) 

I jest! Thank you very much for your kind words! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, Fran. It’s such a pleasure to have someone like yourself who is actually listening to people, and making such high quality models - the 55 runs, on the video, as good as it looks. There are those diesels which I have, and do not run well at all. Neither are they as well shaped or detailed. I’m saying no more about them.

I have seen that post and have always had a soft spot for the class A. ;) I don’t know, we are being spoiled rotten by all these models from you -  there are the various wagons too. 

So please keep up the excellent work, and I’m looking forward to future developments very keenly indeed!

Well done - and I’m not forgetting the excellent TPE Mk5a’s either!

Rob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, briz55 said:

That's looking rather good chaps!... will you be bringing it the the Great Electric Train Show at Milton Keynes?;)

Cheers

Brian

We sure are! We have some other goodies to show next week too, so stop by for a look!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5

the pre production model looks very good indeed. A massive move forward for you guys i'm sure. I'm really looking forward to the next instalment and to seeing it with the corrections sorted and perhaps in some colour !

Well done guys and keep up the good work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing the informant video of the class 55 Deltic, certainly looking forward tp 2020 and receiving Gordon Highlander, yes I am one of the "odd" ones who want a purple Deltic, remember seeing it Crewe open day and at Bury Diesel Special Weeks, managed to drive a  class 40 there amongst others.

• Like 2