Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

On 11/12/2019 at 10:54, Sun Chariot said:

Could not agree more Gary. An Accurascale O gauge Deltic or 37 mirrowing the sublime accuracy of the 4mm version would be irresistible 

Totally agree how many Deltic fans have a collection of 7mm Heljan minus a Deltic. The Heljan one is passed over every time by me as I cringe at the inaccurate roof grilles, cab windows and nose shape. I’m not picky as I have a few Heljan models all with issues but none so great as seen on the 55. Oh and what about an HST, going on the farewell tour next Saturday I bet the support for a 7mm version would be mega! Never thought as an 80’s Deltic fan I would say that lol...

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Rumours that the sound chip will feature commentary from Zontar have not been denied by Accurascale.

Imagine if Zontar was asked to make a video of a model ?

I can see it now...

Zontar walking down the street, fag and a bag of chips, walks past a model shop, stops grunts, “f.f.f.f. ‘Ell... it’s a Deltic”. Chips on the floor, feet in the chips.

Sees the box in a window, buys it, drives home, model on the roof of his car.. comments “according to the box this has real Deltic sounds in side.. time for a shrink ray me thinks”...

flash, bang, empty box & plastic bits scattered on the floor, but pristine Class 55 on the track.

A OO gauge Zontar climbs into the cab, has to kick in the separately moulded door piece.. enters the cab with some F laden expletives...  f...g Nora.

Sits in the chair, comments on the detail. Through the window he sees someone reach for the controller.. says Aye let’s see if that engine room sounds like a Deltic... cuts a hole in the back head, enters the Tungsten alloy block, puts his head on the DCC speaker as the kid hits F1...

roaaar...  Zontar is projectile egressed through the exhaust shouting b......cks.

As he’s flying across the layout he spots a scrap line of Lima and Bachmann 55’s... he calls... “blooming eck it’s Doncaster in OO”...

video ends with OO Zontar sitting on a ceiling light looking down at the Deltic going round, smiling, with a cigarette saying are “it’s not arf bad fer a Model”.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Imagine if Zontar was asked to make a video of a model ?

I can see it now...

Zontar walking down the street, fag and a bag of chips, walks past a model shop, stops grunts, “f.f.f.f. ‘Ell... it’s a Deltic”. Chips on the floor, feet in the chips.

Sees the box in a window, buys it, drives home, model on the roof of his car.. comments “according to the box this has real Deltic sounds in side.. time for a shrink ray me thinks”...

flash, bang, empty box & plastic bits scattered on the floor, but pristine Class 55 on the track.

A OO gauge Zontar climbs into the cab, has to kick in the separately moulded door piece.. enters the cab with some F laden expletives...  f...g Nora.

Sits in the chair, comments on the detail. Through the window he sees someone reach for the controller.. says Aye let’s see if that engine room sounds like a Deltic... cuts a hole in the back head, enters the Tungsten alloy block, puts his head on the DCC speaker as the kid hits F1...

roaaar...  Zontar is projectile egressed through the exhaust shouting b......cks.

As he’s flying across the layout he spots a scrap line of Lima and Bachmann 55’s... he calls... “blooming eck it’s Doncaster in OO”...

video ends with OO Zontar sitting on a ceiling light looking down at the Deltic going round, smiling, with a cigarette saying are “it’s not arf bad fer a Model”.

Someone needs to show Dan this. Who knows if he could persuaded to do it.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I really don't think Zontar would be a good ambassador for Accurascale Deltics :D

I don't think Richie, the designer, and Zontar have ever been seen in the same room at the same time; just sayin'.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

Presume other than amusing waffle about a somewhat crude fictitious charcter (do not search/look up on work computer/at work!!!), there is nothing more to report on the Deltic until early 2020.

Is there any chance production will be complete before Chinese NY shutdown (24 Jan to 8 Feb)?

10 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I'm getting a little concerned that Fran hasn't responded to any of the recent posts, whereas previously he was straight in .... 

Actually taking a rest?

Al.

He's probably busy today dealing with the shipment of PFA's so wouldn't worry too much.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

And sometimes we just need to let them get on with it, stop asking about progress and trust them to tell us when there is something to say. 

Roy

As Accurascale have consistently done... 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

That's me told then .... !!

Is nobody interested to here of / see what further progress has been made?

Should have colour samples now according to previous press.

Al.

Of course people are interested, but give them time, they have a lot on, and lives to lead.

3 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Al.

I’m sure that if they had something to share with us, they would. These guys are very open with updates and product information. We will see evidence of progress when progress has been made. Until then, relax and look forward to what I’m sure will be a superb model.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Al.

You should go ask for updates in the new Heljan Class 47 thread after 3 months of hearing nothing, trust me you don't want to do that as I had fella's turn up on my doorstep with baseball bats...believe me it's not worth the grief.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

It may also be our Christmas party tonight.... eek! 

China are completing our snag list, and we expect deco samples soon. Once we have them to show we will plaster them everywhere. We will also have a full update on their assessment once we’ve poured over them. Getting closer thankfully. Sound file coming on well too...

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Al.

Accurascale are a small business, running one of those, doing the work, taking orders, delivering orders and answering customer questions is hard work, I know, I run one. Constant questions about progress can actually hinder progress.

Many people moan about being micro-managed at work - if customers keep asking where the project is at, it is the just same, but potentially with numerous "micro-managers".

We have been blessed to have good interaction with Patrick and Fran, at a level that we don't get from many/any other manufacturer. If we constantly demand answers, they may revise their communication strategy and we may all lose this direct link.

Roy

• Agree 10

3 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Accurascale are a small business, running one of those, doing the work, taking orders, delivering orders and answering customer questions is hard work, I know, I run one. Constant questions about progress can actually hinder progress.

Many people moan about being micro-managed at work - if customers keep asking where the project is at, it is the just same, but potentially with numerous "micro-managers".

We have been blessed to have good interaction with Patrick and Fran, at a level that we don't get from many/any other manufacturer. If we constantly demand answers, they may revise their communication strategy and we may all lose this direct link.

Roy

Well said, Roy. I have had this concern myself, not with just AS but also Rails and others who directly interact on RMweb (e.g. Heljan, Hattons).

I've recently lost my micromanager, who left the company. 'Twas the happiest day of the year for me! ;)

• Like 3

On 19/12/2019 at 22:57, classy52 said:

You should go ask for updates in the new Heljan Class 47 thread after 3 months of hearing nothing, trust me you don't want to do that as I had fella's turn up on my doorstep with baseball bats...believe me it's not worth the grief.

Yeah give them a break just think it could be a lot lot worse Bachmann doing it would take at least 5 years lol, at least you would see photos in their catalogue year in year out till they came into existence.

10 hours ago, delticfan said:

Yeah give them a break just think it could be a lot lot worse Bachmann doing it would take at least 5 years lol, at least you would see photos in their catalogue year in year out till they came into existence.

I was referring to the grief I got for asking...just ludicrous.