Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We really don’t mind questions being asked, just worth remembering that once we have something we show it (can’t help ourselves really!) and if we don’t answer straight away we are usually knee deep in something (this week was the dispatch of our latest Irish wagon and the landing of the PFAs) 

We will likely do a full update on all Accurascale projects when we’re back after the Christmas break in January, but if anything like deco samples arrive before that you can be sure we will pop them on here for viewing!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We really don’t mind questions being asked, just worth remembering that once we have something we show it (can’t help ourselves really!) and if we don’t answer straight away we are usually knee deep in something (this week was the dispatch of our latest Irish wagon and the landing of the PFAs) 

We will likely do a full update on all Accurascale projects when we’re back after the Christmas break in January, but if anything like deco samples arrive before that you can be sure we will pop them on here for viewing!

Cheers!

Fran

That's why I love you guys and have purchased a few items off you already with many more to come in the future...and yes you're one of the best when it comes to information & updates.

Edited by classy52
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give the Accurascale chaps a big thanks for bringing to us the definitive oo gauge Deltic (I really hope they might do a 7mm one sometime too!) a pic from the past, 38 years ago in the past - god that's frightening I was 14 !! It's 55022 on the last 0550 KX to Edinburgh taken at Selby around 0830 on 31st December 1981, my last ride behind a Deltic in BR service from Selby to York (we couldn't afford the big railtour on the 2nd Jan but this was a great second best for me) I took the pic and my dads holding the standard issue sky blue Adidas bag! Remarkably me, the bag, my dad, 55022 and Selby station are still around except the centre two roads through the station. Great days for those who were around to see it all unfold. Apologies for the poor picture quality it was grim and dark.55022.jpg.1b9ccf2127bcd0f832e47abc0888e1dd.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Sorry if this has been covered already, but which of these are in "as current" condition?

From what I can tell there is Royal Scots Grey (possibly), Alycidon (possibly) and Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry:

Royal Scots Grey is the right colour but is it in as restored condition? I'm guessing as it has OHL warnings it is.

Gordon Highlander is no longer purple

And the Rails/Locomotion/DPS exclusives:

Alycidon looks like it's in current condition (other than its broken down IRL) as it too has the OHL warnings

Royal Highland Fusilier isn't green at the moment

Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry there is one as restored

Edited by TomScrut

23 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

Alycidon is as per current condition and one version of KOYLI (small yellow panel) is also in current condition.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran

So Royal Scots Grey is not in current condition?

• RMweb Premium

What would be useful would be info on the website regarding applicable time periods for each of the available models/liveries - I'm particularly interested in the green livery variants, as BR Blue marked the beginning of the end....

Too late.... I'm gone  :jester:

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Ray M said:

That seems a bit off.

They lasted longer in blue, than they did in green.

Both lasted longer than the purple livery one

DaW50hPWkAYUbQU.jpg

Edited by 25901
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ray M said:

That seems a bit off.

They lasted longer in blue, than they did in green.

2 minutes ago, 25901 said:

DaW50hPWkAYUbQU.jpg

I think he meant the beginning of the end of steam...

1 hour ago, 25901 said:

Since 16 went into this livery it seems to have been the end for her, stuffed and mounted now.

Is she? Cosmetically restored (presumably body skin repairs completed) and now in Margate. Meanwhile seems like work on 22 is progressing, and one can guess that 16 will be overhauled at a future date

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 25901 said:

DaW50hPWkAYUbQU.jpg

This livery is horrible and not becoming but i suppose who ever signed off on this just finished watching a box set of Thomas the tank engine and just got a Deltic confused with Gordon the big blue engine...awful livery and a crime against the Majesty of the pinnacle of diesel locomotion in this country.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, brenn said:

This livery is horrible and not becoming but i suppose who ever signed off on this just finished watching a box set of Thomas the tank engine and just got a Deltic confused with Gordon the big blue engine...awful livery and a crime against the Majesty of the pinnacle of diesel locomotion in this country.

Looks better than the GBRF liveried Class 50's!

• Agree 1

Always liked the Porterbrook Livery on Gordon Highlander, you certainly could spot it amongst the exhibits at a Doncaster Works open day in the early 2000s  .Anyway  I have ordered and paid in full for a sound model of "The Highlander"

Thanks Accurascale

• Like 4

11 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Is she? Cosmetically restored (presumably body skin repairs completed) and now in Margate. Meanwhile seems like work on 22 is progressing, and one can guess that 16 will be overhauled at a future date

16 has always been second best since the DPS overlooked it for the better mechanical condition of 19 in early 1982. It’s a shame really but wrong place wrong time.

• 2 weeks later...