Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Guest Half-full

I'm looking forward to hearing the depth of bass, which might just change my mind about sound.  

At the moment I'm not completely swayed by sound, I do agree it adds an extra dimension, but, to me, it doesn't have enough depth (I used to set up nightclub sound systems for deep bass reggae, hip hop and drum n bass music so I do get a bit antsy) but I'm excited to find out how this sounds!

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Half-full said:

(I used to set up nightclub sound systems for deep bass reggae, hip hop and drum n bass music so I do get a bit antsy) but I'm excited to find out how this sounds!

We're doing our very best, but that is a challenge I am not sure we can hit in OO! haha

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

Guest Half-full
1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We're doing our very best, but that is a challenge I am not sure we can hit in OO! haha

Cheers!

Fran

Ah c'mon, sure ya can!

Its the 'rumble' that I think is missing - and also depth to the horns!!!!  Just my opinion, certainly not rubbishing anyone's efforts, its not something I could do!  Give me big amps and woofers, no probs, give me electronics and small speakers and Im a gibbering wreck!

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Half-full said:

Ah c'mon, sure ya can!

Its the 'rumble' that I think is missing - and also depth to the horns!!!!  Just my opinion, certainly not rubbishing anyone's efforts, its not something I could do!  Give me big amps and woofers, no probs, give me electronics and small speakers and Im a gibbering wreck!

We are giving it our best shot, and I dont think it's possible to improve on our set up here on a commercial basis in OO, so we think it will go down very well! Proof will be in the pudding though, and we shall see in the coming days. We may convince you yet! I do agree with your sentiments on sound, hence the effort we have put into it.

Also, just to point out to everyone, this exact set up will be in our Class 92 and 37  too, as well as our Irish Metro Vick locos!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

So disappointing - I shall have to have a jolly good moan.. ;)

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

If rumble is missing then SWMBO says she is withholding millionaires shortbread rations - empty stomachs should then provide the missing decibels!

noooooooooooo! That would be a kick in the bullocks! (Your post also demonstrates that we need a ‘sad’ reaction on rmweb!)

38 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I’m pretty sure the answer will be “yes” but will the DCC controlled lighting vary as appropriate to each model?

It will indeed!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

The chassis looks an impressive piece of engineering!

Is it still Tungsten? And will the engine heads be picked out in cream paint? I love the Napier Deltic in the engine casting; wonderful touch - will they also be picked out in paint?

Can it be possible to bluetooth connect the locomotive speakers / sound chip to a cinema surround system, with speakers strategically positioned around the track?

If you can't 'get enough bass' from that, then ..... I'll remain polite!!

Just an idea I'm sure has been broached in the past.

Al.

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

The chassis looks an impressive piece of engineering!

Is it still Tungsten? And will the engine heads be picked out in cream paint? I love the Napier Deltic in the engine casting; wonderful touch - will they also be picked out in paint?

Hi there,

Thanks! Our factory has gone to the ends of the earth (model railway wise at least!) to investigate the tungsten proposal for the chassis, and due to the much higher melting point deem it a complete non starter from a practical point of view. So, they have developed this heavy metal one with us instead, which is coming in at over 800g  so we are very happy! We may even have to dial back weight, as that is pretty hefty! 

As for the engine heads picked out? Absolutely! This is will be apparent at decoration stage and something we felt essential, and yes, the Napier Deltic casting will be picked out in red! 

38 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Can it be possible to bluetooth connect the locomotive speakers / sound chip to a cinema surround system, with speakers strategically positioned around the track?

Al.

Hi Al,

I genuinely have no idea, you have stumped me there! ESU might be the people to ask. I dont think any DCC sound chip offers blue tooth connectivity though! Sorry I couldnt help! We are confident that there will be plenty of bass rumble out of these beauties with this speaker set up though. It costs us a pretty penny (but we have been able to keep the price lower than other sound fitted locos out there!) but we feel it's well worth it. 

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

Each to his/her own I suppose!

I do like the 31 myself, but as you politely put it .... :o

It's like the 37 - it's an unusually popular locomotive - model and in real life.

I much preferred, and prefer the Class 47.

For me, growing up, it was the 'oversized and overweight' Class 40's I admired - 37's were just too small ... before going into access and operational efficiencies, etc.

Class 55 Deltics are so legendary, they just come in another category!!

Al.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 26/03/2020 at 20:32, Half-full said:

I'm looking forward to hearing the depth of bass, which might just change my mind about sound.  

At the moment I'm not completely swayed by sound, I do agree it adds an extra dimension, but, to me, it doesn't have enough depth (I used to set up nightclub sound systems for deep bass reggae, hip hop and drum n bass music so I do get a bit antsy) but I'm excited to find out how this sounds!

Some years ago now, alot actually, I was also abit of an audiophile and Ive spent thousands of pounds over the years on hi fidelity / quality gear like amps and speakers. Al though Ive dabbled in DCC sound for the last 12 years, I am sometimes left underwhelmed when it comes to sound in 00 or H0 models- however!

A few months ago, I discovered the sounds of Legoman Biffo and the EM2 speaker, coupled with Lok sounds 'drive lock' feature, all that underwhelming-ness was about to change. 

Equipped with a pair of DCC ready Bachmann 37's and my small milling machine, I set to work and this is the result-

Now, Im going on a theory that could turn out to be correct or wrong, but the speaker in that Deltic above looks very much like an EM2, by my reckoning, the Accurascale Deltic will be an absolute beast in the sound department. They are not messing about with this!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gary H said:

I was also abit of an audiophile and Ive spent thousands of pounds over the years on hi fidelity / quality gear like amps and speakers.

I am an audiphile currently. Trying to work out how to fit a layout in the same room as a large pair of speakers and keeping the listening position as is!

Sorry for going OT just thought it was relevant to this post!

• RMweb Premium
On 27/03/2020 at 11:06, atom3624 said:

Al.

A bit like Broadway's "Rolling Thunder" system?

https://www.broadway-limited.com/rollingthunder.aspx

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I am an audiphile currently. Trying to work out how to fit a layout in the same room as a large pair of speakers and keeping the listening position as is!

Sorry for going OT just thought it was relevant to this post!

Well I’ve been allowed to put the new layout in the other half of the Cinema room.......now Mrs BB calls it “the playroom” :lol:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Well I’ve been allowed to put the new layout in the other half of the Cinema room.......now Mrs BB calls it “the playroom” :lol:

I have a "man cave" with my audio setup and PC etc in but I have complaints of my current layout occupying a lot of space in the kids' play room. So long term I will be doing a bigger/better/more permanent layout but I am going to spend a lot of time planning it so I reduce compromise on the rest of the stuff in the room as much as possible. Should mean I may have space for an Accurascale Deltic on the layout too, I want one but have other priorities at the moment (such as a class 92)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I have a "man cave" with my audio setup and PC etc in but I have complaints of my current layout occupying a lot of space in the kids' play room. So long term I will be doing a bigger/better/more permanent layout but I am going to spend a lot of time planning it so I reduce compromise on the rest of the stuff in the room as much as possible. Should mean I may have space for an Accurascale Deltic on the layout too, I want one but have other priorities at the moment (such as a class 92)

After many, many years building and breaking down layouts never finished I decided this time I will have one of “finishable” size, so based on the classic Bredon I bought ready made module baseboards, all the Trix C-Track and motors I needed to complete the track and been buying rolling stock over the past year, the present crisis and lockdown has given me the excuse to actually get started on it and within a week I had a running track all layed, just now need to fit the under point motors and program then screw down the track and get started on the scenery, who knows by the time we are “free” again I may have a finished layout........taking no bets though :D

oh yes, small or not it’s having a full fat sound equipped Deltic on it as well.......couldn’t say no to that now could I? 

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 4