Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

On 26/03/2020 at 20:44, Accurascale Fran said:

We are giving it our best shot, and I dont think it's possible to improve on our set up here on a commercial basis in OO, so we think it will go down very well! Proof will be in the pudding though, and we shall see in the coming days. We may convince you yet! I do agree with your sentiments on sound, hence the effort we have put into it.

Also, just to point out to everyone, this exact set up will be in our Class 92 and 37  too, as well as our Irish Metro Vick locos!

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran

Well if your new Deltic sounds as good as this, I'll be delighted with it, and if any better it would be a bonus !

I believe this model has 2 x Loksound 4's and 2 YES 2 x EM2 speakers, really sounds the business.

Regards

Ken

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We're pretty confident our set up will nail the Deltic drone! Just need to sort out somewhere to test it, but sadly we are in lockdown for the next 2 weeks :( 

It's killing us we cant test it in the meantime! 

Post it to me..... I'll test it!

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Nah, it's not an EM2 as that's just the name that DC-Kits use. 

It actually is a T1-1925S ;)

Steve

Edited by 55020
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, tractor_37260 said:

Hi Fran

Well if your new Deltic sounds as good as this, I'll be delighted with it, and if any better it would be a bonus !

I believe this model has 2 x Loksound 4's and 2 YES 2 x EM2 speakers, really sounds the business.

Regards

Ken

I swear there is a heat haze coming off the top of the loco caused by the speakers :heat:...what a sound that is and honestly can't wait for my Alycidon from Rails.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

And here is the classic Bredon, complete with full fat sound equipped Deltic GM 071!

Enjoy your version!

Well.......that’s different :D

Sounded great, and I think that was the original Bredon which has been around a bit, yes?  If so still looking good.

Guest Half-full
22 hours ago, Gary H said:

Some years ago now, alot actually, I was also abit of an audiophile and Ive spent thousands of pounds over the years on hi fidelity / quality gear like amps and speakers. Al though Ive dabbled in DCC sound for the last 12 years, I am sometimes left underwhelmed when it comes to sound in 00 or H0 models- however!

A few months ago, I discovered the sounds of Legoman Biffo and the EM2 speaker, coupled with Lok sounds 'drive lock' feature, all that underwhelming-ness was about to change. 

Equipped with a pair of DCC ready Bachmann 37's and my small milling machine, I set to work and this is the result-

Now, Im going on a theory that could turn out to be correct or wrong, but the speaker in that Deltic above looks very much like an EM2, by my reckoning, the Accurascale Deltic will be an absolute beast in the sound department. They are not messing about with this!

Now that is very good!!!!!

Guest Half-full
4 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

Hi Fran

Regards

Ken

That is pretty awesome I must say!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 26/03/2020 at 18:32, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Here is a sneak peek inside one of our forthcoming Deltics. As you can see, we were serious when we said we are popping in two speakers into the sound fitted versions. Not only that, but a nice meaty bass reflex too! 

1974316226_DelticSpeakerssetup.jpg.ad6a3f05cc08c2cd6ab5121dc90203de.jpg

We 'may' have an early version of our sound to demonstrate, and will try to work out a safe place to test it and shoot a quick video. With the power pack, numerous lighting functions and serious sound systems, our Deltic is going to be one of the most advanced models out there.

230227300_BigSpeakerDeltic.jpg.8de25155346d02ec2e643fe53b4319c8.jpg

We are due decorated samples in May and delivery in November 2020. If we are successful in our video mission we will pop the results up here in the coming days.

Cheers and stay safe!

Fran

At the risk of being shot down in this thread I have to confess I was never a fan of the Deltic and this model was a long way down the pecking order for me . All that changed when I heard about this model and the plans Accurascale had for sound on it. I now have a long rake of coaches just waiting for a Deltic to come along and haul a Railtour.

Seeing the images of the speakers above just leaves me drooling at the prospect even more. I look forward to watching the final stages of this project evolve and have every confidence that you guys at Accurascale will deliver an absolute beast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

At the risk of being shot down in this thread I have to confess I was never a fan of the Deltic and this model was a long way down the pecking order for me . All that changed when I heard about this model and the plans Accurascale had for sound on it. I now have a long rake of coaches just waiting for a Deltic to come along and haul a Railtour.

Seeing the images of the speakers above just leaves me drooling at the prospect even more. I look forward to watching the final stages of this project evolve and have every confidence that you guys at Accurascale will deliver an absolute beast.

Yep I was the same but now I just have to have it thus gone for Alycidon from Rails, if I can afford it next year I may well get the other green one as well that's in preservation.

I've got nothing to haul when I get my 55 but I'm interested to know what coaches would be suitable for today's Railtours where the Class 55 partakes, any advice would be most welcome.

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Yep I was the same but now I just have to have it thus gone for Alycidon from Rails, if I can afford it next year I may well get the other green one as well that's in preservation.

I've got nothing to haul when I get my 55 but I'm interested to know what coaches would be suitable for today's Railtours where the Class 55 partakes, any advice would be most welcome.

Cheers

Steve

I have a set of made up of mainly Bachmann Mk2fs modified to represent the Riviera rake

A8531BCD-24B2-4FA5-B1F4-20C4DAC3FEE9.jpeg

CC0B6133-2977-4CB4-81BC-E0709E70D6BC.jpeg

Edited by Dicky L
  • Like 11

44 minutes ago, classy52 said:

...I'm interested to know what coaches would be suitable for today's Railtours where the Class 55 partakes, any advice would be most welcome.

I've only ever seen Alycidon run in the last few years (granted on only 2 occasions) with BR Blue/Grey MK2 aircons - handily now available from Bachmann with interior lights, no less! Now that would be one stunning train on any layout...

IMG_3309PSs.jpg.8af4061b648c9858c4438e8006f6c7a8.jpg

IMG_9808PSs.jpg.e626c5d68b3ff50237de662e8c770626.jpg

(I'm absolutely not sorry for filling the thread with pictures of this great machine!)

Jack.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On the topic of coaches for rail tours, I think I ought to get some blue/grey mk2s. I have 5 chocolate/cream mk1s that I have for this reason (cost me about £10 a coach, cant complain) but I think the mk2s look better and appear quite often on this sort of thing.

Would be Hornby ones though rather than Bachmann

1 hour ago, Jack374 said:

I've only ever seen Alycidon run in the last few years (granted on only 2 occasions) with BR Blue/Grey MK2 aircons - handily now available from Bachmann with interior lights, no less! Now that would be one stunning train on any layout...

IMG_3309PSs.jpg.8af4061b648c9858c4438e8006f6c7a8.jpg

IMG_9808PSs.jpg.e626c5d68b3ff50237de662e8c770626.jpg

(I'm absolutely not sorry for filling the thread with pictures of this great machine!)

Jack.

Well I better get crack'in...

23 hours ago, classy52 said:

Well I better get crack'in...

You had! The Bachmann aircons are a perfect base for the rake I did for DickyL pictures above, and I think Hornby have announced the correct Mk1 buffet in this years range too, so no excuse not to get cracking!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

28 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

You had! The Bachmann aircons are a perfect base for the rake I did for DickyL pictures above, and I think Hornby have announced the correct Mk1 buffet in this years range too, so no excuse not to get cracking!

Thanks for the encouragement :good:

Too be honest I don't know much about coaches and what Hornby or Bachmann have to offer to get close to prototypical as in the images above thus would you be able to point me in the right direction on which ones are the best to order whether they are available now or as a pre-order, any info would be greatly appreciated.

I did have a look but was unsure as some of them didn't have cantrails and were for Era 7 and others seemed suitable which were designated Era 9 from Bachmann, just a novice when it comes to coaches.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Mad McCann said:

Had a thought about the sound chip.

You really should add the title theme from ‘Get Carter’ into it as well... 

It had been considered! But licencing etc got in the way unfortunately. 

We hope to demo the sound very soon, but we are in lockdown here at the moment so cant access the office layout and have no facilities at home. Working on a (safe!) workaround in the meantime! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Watch this video compilation of the Class 55 Deltic.

Apart from detail & workmanship which I'm sure will be A+ on the model (don't make me eat my words :jester:) but if Accurascale can get the model to sound like these prototypes they will be forever revered as the Gods of Ireland!

...seriously the sound from these make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, classy52 said:

...seriously the sound from these make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Wow!  What a great video.  It brought back so many memories of my spotting days based in the North East.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 55020 said:

Wow!  What a great video.  It brought back so many memories of my spotting days based in the North East.

Thanks for posting.

Yes it is a great video of the Deltic's and that sound is something else but credit must go to the person who posted this on YT and straight away thought about sharing it in this thread.

• Agree 1