Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

56 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Pillar,

Many thanks. If you mean are the high and low horns separate functions and playable on their own, then I am happy to confirm that yes they are!

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran,

I've heard the term 'playable' used to describe horn functions where the tone continues as long as the button is depressed, which is a nice feature as doesn't restrict the horns to pre-set durations.

Regardless, it's good to hear that the tones will be on separate buttons.

Cheers,

Liam

Edited by Pillar
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Woodenhead,

Before they got ETH, both engines revved up and down in unison when the driver notched up and down. This loco is representative of that.

After ETH was fitted, the second engine would remain idling until the first would approach full power, then it would explode into life. We are working with ESU to feature this on appropriate locos.

Cheers!

Fran

If they are going to explode into life I think we have discovered the reason for trash napier instead of thrash ;)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Pillar said:

Thanks Fran,

I've heard the term 'playable' used to describe horn functions where the tone continues as long as the button is depressed, which is a nice feature as doesn't restrict the horns to pre-set durations.

Regardless, it's good to hear that the tones will be on separate buttons.

Cheers,

Liam

For realistic operation that is exactly what is needed. Horns of different durations can have different meanings. etc.

Best regards,

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Horns of different durations can have different meanings. etc.

Like a long solid one probably means "GET OUT OF THE WAY OR YOU'LL GET CLEANED UP!!!"

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Pillar said:

Sounds excellent!

Will the high and low horn tones be playable? I find this is a great feature which is sadly missing from many RtR sound-fitted locos.

Hope so, it’ll bring back fond memories of my Uncle playing on ikley moor ba tat on the 55’s horns as he whizzed past Finsbury Park bridge for me when I was a dot......later on I got to ride with him as well :good_mini: :D

• Like 3

Guest Half-full

Despite watching and thus listening to the video on my laptop, that is the best sound I have heard!  Those horns sound as they should!

Well done guys

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have just updated our website with a full list of the functions on the chip.

https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/napier-roar-listen-to-our-deltic-digital-sounds-and-update

Cheers!

Fran

All the way to F30! That is quite a list you have there. Looking good/ sounding good - can't wait.

Roy

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We need to get him 3D printed by Modelu and put him in the cab! 

Is Richie in charge of the sound version? :biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have just updated our website with a full list of the functions on the chip.

https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/napier-roar-listen-to-our-deltic-digital-sounds-and-update

Cheers!

Fran

A) I like how you have shared that with everybody even before any models are made, it gives a good insight as to whats in there

B) I hope the 37 and 92 have as many features!

Is the lighting function logic carried on the decoder (Hattons 66 probably best example where each LED set is an output and the decoder is programmed accordingly) or is some of it done by the circuit-board (Bachmann 90 for example latches end off, day/night and cab light with an output rather than switching from one output to another)?

Maybe a bit soon to be asking but I am interested!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

A) I like how you have shared that with everybody even before any models are made, it gives a good insight as to whats in there

B) I hope the 37 and 92 have as many features!

Is the lighting function logic carried on the decoder (Hattons 66 probably best example where each LED set is an output and the decoder is programmed accordingly) or is some of it done by the circuit-board (Bachmann 90 for example latches end off, day/night and cab light with an output rather than switching from one output to another)?

Maybe a bit soon to be asking but I am interested!

Hi Tom,

Everything is on the decoder for the Deltic. 

And yes, we will be going to the same lengths for the 37, and even further on the 92. We may have lost the run of ourselves a bit on the 92 and nerded out a lot, but it's a bit special. All will be revealed on that one very soon! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Wow. I sense my awful phone headphones are not doing justice to the throat of this model.

Questions (re functions) what is F23 'depot light'?

Hi there,

That is the 'yard work' for the Wipac lights on 9016 only. 

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Informative/Useful 1

42 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Everything is on the decoder for the Deltic.

That's good as far as I am concerned, means more scope for tweaking behaviours.

Bit more difficult when it comes to just plugging and playing with any old decoder but I don't do that :D

27 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

That is the 'yard work' for the Wipac lights on 9016 only. 

Cheers!

Fran

Oh heck. another incentive for me to order D9016....

I have already upgraded my D9002 order from non-sound to sound some months back (vindicated by this video)....

Can't wait. Just get it right Accurascale, don't rush it (but do keep us informed of necessary any delays).

Fantastic model

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Kaput said:

Umm, can the average DCC controller even do up to F30? Most I've seen only mention up to F28 (like Prodigy Express/Advanced, Powercab's etc)

Not yet, but it is on the way. 

Roy

• Like 1

I viewed the class 55 yesterday and it is mightily impressive. So to pick up on the words "definitive deltic" in the video, it certainly looks it, I don't know all the functions the sound chip has, but F15 is an English voice announcing a departure from Waverley? By parentage I'm half Scottish but saw Deltics mainly at the Kings Cross end, but if I put the other hat on it would be good to hear an Edinburgh accent announcing a Waverley departure. Come to think of it, if I lived in or around Newcastle, perhaps announce the departures to London or Edinburgh in a geordie accent...Definitve Deltic?

• RMweb Premium

Silly thought - is it really appropriate to use up a sound function on a locomotive for a sound that is not of the locomotive? A guard's whistle I can just about understand, but station announcements? :scratchhead:

9 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Silly thought - is it really appropriate to use up a sound function on a locomotive for a sound that is not of the locomotive? A guard's whistle I can just about understand, but station announcements? :scratchhead:

I think it's a bit of a gimmick TBH, but I just won't assign those functions into my controller