Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

Fantastic interaction and product development - AGAIN!!

Al.

It's great that modellers like @DLIBOD17 are so kind to go out of their way to help us too. We are always really appreciative of these observations to help us make the very best models we can. It's the power of the modelling community and RMWeb at work together as whole and what it's all about for us!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Thanks to Fran & all the Accurascale team for taking onboard people’s comments. It was previously unheard of to be able to communicate with manufacturers & for them to actually take notice ! Thanks lads ! The amount of variations within a small class of 22 locos is incredible & all credit to Accurascale for incorporating all these.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Has to be said also that the Deltics were pretty much iconic wherever they went.

I have been a 'closet trainspotter' over the years, but when I heard a Deltic would be in Lime Street - many years ago, I had to go ... and was definitely not disappointed!!

Al.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 14/11/2020 at 12:01, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @DLIBOD17,

Many thanks for sending that on! Would you believe it is something we only noticed ourselves the other day? Gareth was only talking about it earlier in the week and something we will be tweaking our artwork to reflect. Excellent spot and many thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers!

Fran

And not something Bachmann picked up on. Its the same both sides

BA07C61C-02ED-4376-A299-C290AA0B1155.jpeg

Edited by MikeParkin65

It goes like this.....

"Dear Bachmann  - why are my Durham Light Infantry nameplates glued on all to cock?"

The majority of modellers don't have anywhere near the same amount of nerdiness - yes nerdiness  - as some.

A nice  touch for the select few.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

It goes like this.....

"Dear Bachmann  - why are my Durham Light Infantry nameplates glued on all to cock?"

The majority of modellers don't have anywhere near the same amount of nerdiness - yes nerdiness  - as some.

Ian

Is that a new dictionary definition: "nerdiness: the desire for things to be accurate  / correct?"

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Crisis Rail said:

No Roy.

"All to cock" is the new "accurate" in this case :D

Ian

Ok ;) 

So they were wrong when they declared "lockdown" as the word of the year the other day and it should have been one of two instead these?

Roy

Fran you might want to include a note in the box of Deltic 17 explaining that the nameplate on one side is slightly off centre as per the prototype, otherwise I know you will get letters/emails/compaints of improperly printed nameplates!

Dare I ask if there is an update due on the progress of the Deltic?

• Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Fran you might want to include a note in the box of Deltic 17 explaining that the nameplate on one side is slightly off centre as per the prototype, otherwise I know you will get letters/emails/compaints of improperly printed nameplates!

Dare I ask if there is an update due on the progress of the Deltic?

*see above 

13 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Re which bit of my post? and I should refere to which post number in this thread??? :-p

On 16/11/2020 at 11:23, Crisis Rail said:

It goes like this.....

Ian

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just to clarify there is no connection between Legomanbiffo and Accurascale on the Class 55 project, it was a direct collaboration between us and ESU Germany. The sound files are currently only available in our sound equipped Deltic.

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4