Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

Just to clarify there is no connection between Legomanbiffo and Accurascale on the Class 55 project, it was a direct collaboration between us and ESU Germany. The sound files are currently only available in our sound equipped Deltic.

I thought that was the case, I am sure it had been mentioned before it was a unique sound file.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Agree 1

Thanks for all the clarification - much appreciated. Hopefully one day this sound project may become available as it sounds marvellous - the LB Deltic project is superb, but the only other decent option at present for O gauge that I've heard (and tried) is the Howes project, but it just doesn't have the drivability/control that the Legoman project does and it would be good to have more than one decent Deltic sound for O gauge. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/12/2020 at 16:32, philiprporter said:

Thanks for all the clarification - much appreciated. Hopefully one day this sound project may become available as it sounds marvellous - the LB Deltic project is superb, but the only other decent option at present for O gauge that I've heard (and tried) is the Howes project, but it just doesn't have the drivability/control that the Legoman project does and it would be good to have more than one decent Deltic sound for O gauge. 

Perhaps buy a sound Accurascale Deltic and take the chip out and then sell it on?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, philiprporter said:

Yes I'd thought about that but I then realised that the OO chip probably wouldn't have the power for an O gauge twin motor loco?

Use two decoders? One for sound and another with the same address for the movement (although that may make timing of the sounds difficult?).

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Use two decoders? One for sound and another with the same address for the movement (although that may make timing of the sounds difficult?).

Two sound decoders, each controlling one motor, sound turned to zero volume on one. Matched performance, accurate sound :)

Not cheap, but then neither is a O-gauge Deltic :)

Luke

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Or just buy an 7mm deltic and a 4mm deltic, buy a 7mm decoder and get the sound file from the 4mm dropped onto the 7mm and sell the 4mm deltic with sound.......might be a grey area legally........but thinking about it.....nah....don’t do that, not unless you have asked permission first.

How do you just drop the sound from a 4mm to a 7mm? Sound files are locked to a decoder serial number.

Roy

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Roy Langridge said:

How do you just drop the sound from a 4mm to a 7mm? Sound files are locked to a decoder serial number.

Roy

I don’t know the technicalities of the system but for sure in the past I have had a sound file taken off a decoder and transferred (dropped) to a new undamaged decoder, and not by the originator of the sound file.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, boxbrownie said:

I don’t know the technicalities of the system but for sure in the past I have had a sound file taken off a decoder and transferred (dropped) to a new undamaged decoder, and not by the originator of the sound file.

I don't see how you would do it today - I have just had the experience of a typo in the decoder serial number of a sound file (error by the vendor) and it just will not load. I use LokSound and a LokProgrammer, but I believe Zimo is the same.

There are some "free" sound files that are not locked, but they are very few and far between.

Roy

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I don't see how you would do it today - I have just had the experience of a typo in the decoder serial number of a sound file (error by the vendor) and it just will not load. I use LokSound and a LokProgrammer, but I believe Zimo is the same.

There are some "free" sound files that are not locked, but they are very few and far between.

Roy

This was last year with a Zimo decoder....

20 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

That is how it is as far as I am aware. If you need to put it on a different decoder (say if one packs up) the vendor needs to sort that IF they are allowed to be transferred.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

That is how it is as far as I am aware. If you need to put it on a different decoder (say if one packs up) the vendor needs to sort that IF they are allowed to be transferred.

Certainly on a LokSound device. This is what you get if not:

617194154_BadSerialNo.png.c3a554d20157b325267a68591e538260.png

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Atrocious spelling...

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Well I don’t know how it was done, but it’s was....from a Manufacturers faulty Zimo decoder to a new Zimo decoder because the manufacturer would not acknowledge a problem with the original decoder.

I’ll leave it at that just in case :wacko:

7 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Well I don’t know how it was done, but it’s was....from a Manufacturers faulty Zimo decoder to a new Zimo decoder because the manufacturer would not acknowledge a problem with the original decoder.

I’ll leave it at that just in case :wacko:

Maybe not with Zimo, I was talking about ESU. But Zimo to Zimo the conversation isn't really relevant since you get an ESU in one of these.

Sorry I should have clarified on the ESU point.

I suspect this is morally wrong, if not legally on the edge - Accurascale and ESU are producing a bespoke sound file for the V5 decoder, sold only by them in their locos. Ripping the sound file from the decoder to use elsewhere AND then selling the original decoder/loco with sound file is certainly wrong as you are effectively copying a copyrighted product and creating an extra copy with another owner (you). Continuing to own the original would probably be the only way to do this while staying on the right side of morality.

Your best bet (legally and morally) would be to install the accurascale decoder into the O-Gauge loco. I thought that ESU sound decoders were capable of being used in 00 or 0 gauge locos and had the capacity to power larger scale models without damage?

It do think it is rather rich to be discussing this on the Accurascale thread here on RMWeb....

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I suspect this is morally wrong, if not legally on the edge - ..

Which is what I said........and if further enquiries on this should be made it is to the manufacturer.

The rest of the discussion was purely on the technical aspects, which should go no further.

Edited by boxbrownie

• RMweb Gold

As the Accurascale sound file is being developed by ESU, it is possible that the file will be placed in the public domain by ESU.   This appears to be the norm for non-UK decoders, as a quick scan of the Sound download section shows many files available for "factory equipped sound locomotives".

We can hope  ;)

Steve

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Folks,

It is exclusive to us I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Fran

Absolutely spot on, why should anyone be entitled to a freebie on the back of all your hard work.

On a side note I am hoping the drivelock feature will form part of you sound file so we can all give this beast the thrash it deserves.