Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Absolutely spot on, why should anyone be entitled to a freebie on the back of all your hard work.

On a side note I am hoping the drivelock feature will form part of you sound file so we can all give this beast the thrash it deserves.

And a brake option ?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dicky L said:

Absolutely spot on, why should anyone be entitled to a freebie on the back of all your hard work.

On a side note I am hoping the drivelock feature will form part of you sound file so we can all give this beast the thrash it deserves.

As we're working directly in collaboration with ESU on this project, the Deltic features everything the Loksound V5 has to offer!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

As we're working directly in collaboration with ESU on this project, the Deltic features everything the Loksound V5 has to offer!

That’s good, but being unfamiliar with the V5 can it be made to have a brake function?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fran, if I buy a DC version of the model, can I buy a DCC sound chip at a later date?  As the models are due soon and on a limited budget, I’m not sure if I can afford to buy a DCC and sound version just yet.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hi Fran, if I buy a DC version of the model, can I buy a DCC sound chip at a later date?  As the models are due soon and on a limited budget, I’m not sure if I can afford to buy a DCC and sound version just yet.

Hi @jools1959,

I'm afraid we wont be selling the chip as a separate item.

Thanks,

Fran

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Hi Fran

I think maybe you'll be missing a trick here, by not selling the sound chip separately. You're creating a new space in the dcc sound sector for Deltic sound chips. And that's going to  be filled with someone elses sound chips. I myself for example have ordered two Deltics from Rails. One with sound and one not.  I will definitely fit sound to the other one over time. I wont be the only one adding sound at a later date. You could also sell them through the other outlets that sell your products.

Regards

Stephen 

Edited by ayrmrg
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ayrmrg said:

Hi Fran

I think maybe you'll be missing a trick here, by not selling the sound chip separately. You're creating a new space in the dcc sound sector for Deltic sound chips. And that's going to  be filled with someone elses sound chips. I myself for example have ordered two Deltics from Rails. One with sound and one not.  I will definitely fit sound to the other one over time. I wont be the only one adding sound at a later date. You could also sell them through the other outlets that sell your products.

Regards

Stephen 

Whilst I appreciate this is an expensive hobby and that financial constraints apply to many the price of the sound fitted model is an absolute bargain here. When you consider the price of a V5 and then factor in that it contains the best speaker available pre-fitted its a false economy to fit sound and a speaker at a later date. At £90 extra you are making a saving of approximately £40 and not having to fit it yourself.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Whilst I appreciate this is an expensive hobby and that financial constraints apply to many the price of the sound fitted model is an absolute bargain here. When you consider the price of a V5 and then factor in that it contains the best speaker available pre-fitted its a false economy to fit sound and a speaker at a later date. At £90 extra you are making a saving of approximately £40 and not having to fit it yourself.

I agree with what you say, however, it must also be considered that there is always a number of people moving to DCC and sound who will want to retrofit. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

All this talk of the ESU/Accurascale sound scheme is fine and dandy, but there's nothing to say that it will be any better than what is frankly the benchmark scheme that is already available from Legomanbiffo. 

There's also nothing to say that he won't tweak his offering if it is found to be wanting once Accurascale's hits the tracks.

So, Accurascale will not make their scheme available separately, no biggie, there is a perfectly good alternative.

I'm buying a sound version of the Deltic by the way, but have heard Biffs sound in an O gauge loco, sounded just like I was standing on Grantham station in the 80's

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Wolf27 said:

Why put a superior sound chip into an inferior model, as that’s what people will do.;-)

Why not? I know somebody who is now nearly blind and whilst he can no longer model as he did, his enjoyment in model railways has been increased significantly in recent years as he just listens to his locos. Superior detail is not needed.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

All this talk of the ESU/Accurascale sound scheme is fine and dandy, but there's nothing to say that it will be any better than what is frankly the benchmark scheme that is already available from Legomanbiffo. 

There's also nothing to say that he won't tweak his offering if it is found to be wanting once Accurascale's hits the tracks.

So, Accurascale will not make their scheme available separately, no biggie, there is a perfectly good alternative.

I'm buying a sound version of the Deltic by the way, but have heard Biffs sound in an O gauge loco, sounded just like I was standing on Grantham station in the 80's

That is a good point that you make. Although assuming that its a standard V5 contained in sound fitted version you could still have the sound decoder reblown and still be ahead of the game financially buying sound fitted.

Perhaps Accurascale can clarify if the decoder will be locked to their sound file only.

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Dicky L said:

That is a good point that you make. Although assuming that its a standard V5 contained in sound fitted version you could still have the sound decoder reblown and still be ahead of the game financially buying sound fitted.

Perhaps Accurascale can clarify if the decoder will be locked to their sound file only.

I didn't think you can lock a V5 chip? I might be wrong, but I thought that was only on the select version which is not available as a V5.

Roy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Dicky L said:

The £90 sound upgrade includes twin speakers (one EM2, one 'cube') and a standard LokSound V5 with all the toys, and not in any way locked or strangled. Hope that helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, McC said:

The £90 sound upgrade includes twin speakers (one EM2, one 'cube') and a standard LokSound V5 with all the toys, and not in any way locked or strangled. Hope that helps.

Purchasing sound is an absolute no brainer here for me. Purchasing later is like burning cash.

Edited by Dicky L
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Purchasing sound for me is an absolute no brainier here for me. Purchasing later is like burning cash.

Fully agree, my two Deltics and four 37s on order are all sound. There does now seem to be a trend for cheaper sound fitted. I have just bought a sound fitted Bachmann Peak, that was only £77 (as sold, not RRP) more for a V5 fitted loco than a plain DC version.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dicky L said:

Purchasing sound for me is an absolute no brainer here for me. Purchasing later is like burning cash.

If it helps the decision, the RRP on the EM2 is between £20-£25, The cube speaker about £8 and the Lok5 blank is £100 - £120. So you save about £40-£45 going for sound fitted OEM just on the parts cost alone (or can second-hand the parts and still make money)

Edited by McC
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, McC said:

If it helps the decision, the RRP on the EM2 is between £20-£25, The cube speaker about £8 and the Lok5 blank is £100 - £120. SO you save about £40-£45 going for sound fitted OEM (or can second-hand the parts and still make money)

Exactly the reason I bought a sound fitted 92 from you when I have absolutely no intention of having electrification on my layout. 

Before anyone asks why I have bought a 92 in the first place, I will store that answer for another thread where it would be on topic.

• 2 weeks later...