Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Just preparing the website folks, images still being processed!

Everyone will be refreshing the page every 5 mins now in case any more pics pop up. Hope the website has server capacity to cope with the extra traffic :lol:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators

I've just found a piece of video from someone who must have been standing next to me when I took this pic ten years ago.

55022.jpg

Shame about the wind and traffic noise but it could be first heard a good couple of miles away.

• Like 11

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I am finding it increasingly difficult to not want to buy one or two of these

That's the problem; one's not enough.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I've just found a piece of video from someone who must have been standing next to me when I took this pic.

55022.jpg

Shame about the wind and traffic noise but it could be first heard a good couple of miles away.

5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

That's the problem; one's not enough.

I would certainly aspire one day to have many of the preserved production Deltics in model form (I've already got 5 of the Hornby Castles reprasenting, or to be renumberd, to some of the preserved machiens). It is brilliant that RTR is getting to the point where subtle detailed differences are being captured, meaning that to have say 6 of a class means that every model is materially different beyond just the colour scheme.

Accurascale any chance of 'Deltic 22' in its bulled up preserved state, as per Andy's pic above, in which is was running on the main line (including revenue work on the Alcan trains?)??

Please please next bach????

• Like 1

Stunning is the only word for it, I can't pretend that I know enough to pore over in fine detail.....but it looks like a Deltic to me!

I wonder how many Purple Monsters you'll sell in the next couple of days?

Edited by ac1874
  • Agree 1

Really fantastic work of art/model engineering. A real achievement for your team to be very proid of. Thanks for becoming part of the hobby and giving such delights to loom forward to. It will be worth the wait!

I would say a no brainer for model of the year, but given u have the 37 and 92 to come, it may not...

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran,

Looking at the bogies, do the linkages detach from the bogies or the body?

How have you approached the headcode panels? Will we have to remove the bodies or is the headcode a printed piece of clear plastic that slots up inside? I recall DJM did the latter on the 71 and it was a very good idea - not owning one though I have no clue how good it works or not.

Cheers,

Edited by 60800

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Hi Fran,

Looking at the bogies, do the linkages detach from the bogies or the body?

How have you approached the headcode panels? Will we have to remove the bodies or is it a printed piece of plastic that slots up inside? I recall DJM did the latter on the 71 and it was a very good idea - not owning one though I have no clue how good it works or not.

Cheers,

Hi @60800,

It is a pop the body off job, but we have no wires connecting the body to the chassis so no worries there, and the chain on the bogie is attached to the chassis block, not the body. It's a very simple removal.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2