Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Well, a shade of purple, but not the right shade!

The secret is to forget pantone and specify using the Boots No 7 range.

Very much looking forward to the ones in more familiar liveries, but the empurplement doesn't hide the fact that at last we have a model that captures the expression of a production Deltic.  That's a first in rtr 00.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, RP82 said:

Regarding the alphanumeric headcode. Will the headcode box be empty with some made up for the modeller to fit or will they be already fitted to the loco?

Hi @RP82,

As per my previous post:

We are also due the headcode numbers and letters after Chinese New Year for signing off and will preview these in a future update. Each locomotive with a headcode or domino panel will get one set factory fitted, with a sheet with alternatives to change to if desired.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, MikeParkin65 said:

You realise I am still working now because I spent most of the afternoon jumping back to your website and refreshing in nervous anticipation? And now I am an hour behind with what I should have been doing lol

I know your pain, Mike! With the froth this has generated I wont be finishing up for a while this evening. Between this and Manorgeddeon it's been a busy week!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

You realise I am still working now because I spent most of the afternoon jumping back to your website and refreshing in nervous anticipation? And now I am an hour behind with what I should have been doing lol

Good job they didn't put more pictures up or you'd be later and worse still doing overtime to pay for orders!

Edited by ac1874
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I know your pain, Mike! With the froth this has generated I wont be finishing up for a while this evening. Between this and Manorgeddeon it's been a busy week!

Cheers,

Fran

Aww we feel for you......how do you think we feel.......all this teasing and now we’ve probably another half a year to wait.......:lol:

Seriously though Fran.......it looks absolutely stunning.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @60800,

It is a pop the body off job, but we have no wires connecting the body to the chassis so no worries there, and the chain on the bogie is attached to the chassis block, not the body. It's a very simple removal.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran,

That's brilliant thanks :) 

Hornby recently switched to mounting Speedo cables to the chassis and it is just so much easier, so I'm really glad you've taken the same approach with the bogie chain.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Look at the nose shape of that!!! Absolutely spot-on and a fantastic achievement that nobody's managed before now.

I can still remember being lambasted on this board for criticising Bachmann's effort. "there's nothing wrong with it" I was told.

How times change.:D

• Like 7
  • Funny 1

On 04/02/2021 at 20:40, Global said:

I have no need for a Deltic whatsoever, wrong era, wrong location - but that does look good, I think I’m going to have to get one anyway!! 

If you can follow that up with an 08, a 20, a 31, a 47, a 56... oh and a decent HST would be nice too! Don’t mind what order you do them! Lol. ;-)

Id certainly second the production of a definative Class 08 and a Class 31. After the debacle with a certain manufacturer and the dreaded Mazak, it would be absolutely amazing to see Accurascale deliver a Class 31 at the very least. A forgotten workhorse in many respects 

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

This is simply stunning. We are a short time off owning the definitive Deltic. How lucky we all are to be in a position in time to be able to acquire these models, Something growing up that i never dreamed of to be honest. If the Deltic is anything to go by then the 37 will be just as good. I cant wait to get my hands on this model. We are very lucky indeed. Well dome Fran to you all and the team on another fantastic product.

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Id certainly second the production of a definative Class 08 and a Class 31. After the debacle with a certain manufacturer and the dreaded Mazak, it would be absolutely amazing to see Accurascale deliver a Class 31 at the very least. A forgotten workhorse in many respects 

can its be the 20/3 please as another manufacturer seems to think they cant put lights on hahahahahahaha

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, Erixtar1992 said:

First thing i asked when i saw the pics earlier, and shock, ALL the lights work! :ok: Haha!

it looks awesome!

thought a well known company couldn't get them working because of cough cough space, PLEASE FRAN ill even sell my soul to the devil if that's what it takes to get a 20/3 i just want to recreate Malton train station with them chirping away haha

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Is this turning  into yet another wish list / Bachmann slagging thread? Can people not control themselves anymore?

This is the Deltic thread, please leave it as that.

Roy

Agreed. 

Although it's unfortunate that Bachmann haven't been able to fit marker lights into the 20/3, you have to think, there's a lot less space at the nose end of of 20/3 to fit lights behind than a on a class 55. And they may have then decided not to put them on the cab end either so it's the same at either end.

Back to this 55 - damn you Accurascale, I might end up ordering one of these too. Even in that off-shade of purple, it still looks A+. Once that is sorted, it's going to be flawless. 

I hope your quality control turns out to be as excellent as your wagons. I'm under no illusions that a loco is a different kettle of fish and I've just received my first Hattons 66 which is sadly not good (even though it's an amazing model in terms of detail and functions). Goes to show that producing such fine models is not easy.

• Like 3

I Can only add that from the Pictures here and on your website these are Pretty Spectacular -the only Problem i have is which one to Get,Im Leaning Towards BR Blue but i think Green Really Accentuates The Shape and Beauty of the Deltic,decisions decisions Indeed,Well Done Accurascale.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

GORDON'S ALIVE! A first look at our decorated purple Deltic

231688028_Accurascale9016Porterbrook-2.jpg.a45342a5a56a5cdc28cddb36a3cda01a.jpg

Back in September 2020, we sent you our last Class 55 Deltic update, outlining the large amount of work still required to make our model the very best it can be.

In that update we stated that the work was underway and we were due decorated samples in January 2021. Well, they arrived ten days ago, and ever since then we have been pouring over them to ensure they are up to snuff.

Having assessed them, we have already fed our recommendations back to our factory to keep us on schedule for delivery in Q2 2021. We now anticipate that this is a deadline we will hit, albeit late in Q2, so this summer will see this purple reign on your layout.

696222103_Accurascale9016Porterbrook-1.jpg.e93cb7e858edc692e7d54d9ef38aafd1.jpg

Our photographer is still processing pictures of our BR Green and BR Blue decorated samples. Look out for photos of them in your email inbox or on our website and social media channels next week.

But for now, here is the highly controversial 9016 'Gordon Highlander' in Porterbrook Purple. Well, a shade of purple, but not the right shade! We are not happy with the purple shade, so this will be tweaked for the production batch.

1657630277_Accurascale9016Porterbrook-5.jpg.1db8764f4330f4358e81eb195adcfac6.jpg

Please also note that these are hand assembled samples, so fit and finish is not what it will be on the production models you will receive. Areas like the engine room windows, handrails etc will be vastly improved for the production models.

We are also due the headcode numbers and letters after Chinese New Year for signing off and will preview these in a future update. Each locomotive with a headcode or domino panel will get one set factory fitted, with a sheet with alternatives to change to if desired.

849843793_Accurascale9016Porterbrook-4.jpg.7c7e64938da9ae228a0db441d4f8137d.jpg

Do you fancy this Porterbrook purple privatisation era monster? Click here to place your pre-order for DC/DCC ready or DCC sound fitted models. You can secure yours with just a £30 deposit, paying the balance in instalments or when the locomotives arrive into stock. Your choice!

Looking excellent. I have no use for one of these whatsoever but I ended up ordering one last year. I am sure a special to Plymouth could be contrived in the early 70’s!

One observation is the pickup material is quite visible above the bogie frames. Is there any intention to chemically blacken these?

Mark

Edited by Mark

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Mark said:

Looking excellent. I have no use for one of these whatsoever but I ended up ordering one last year. I am sure a special to Plymouth could be contrived in the early 70’s!

One observation is the pickup material is quite visible above the bogie frames. Is there any intention to chemically blacken these?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Something on our snag list for sure.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5