Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Re headcodes, and I know they will be swapable, BUT

Would it be possible to factory fit D9002 as preserved with 1A16 and 1A35 (flying scotsman north and southbound) headcodes? The loco was relaunched into two-tone green as part of the FS relaunch, and I believe ran a few times on the mainline with those headcodes, including from Shildon to York after repaintaing, and on some railtour ECS moves.

1A16 was at the 'hatch' end (I believe No 1 end?).

Obviously they did change from time to time (and numerous pictures on mainline of other codes, including  'K9' (haha), but the FS codes would appear to match the freshly outshoped pictures of the loco in the modelled condition.

Headcodes on D9002 will be down to what Rails/Locomotion request, but I can see them going for that!

Cheers,

Fran

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately these don’t fall in the era I model but WOWWW!!!

Accurascale you really are pushing the boundaries, the detail and finish of all your models are excellent, it shows what can be accomplished with hard work and an attention to detail when designing your models.

Looking forward to more announcements and models from you in the future.

Best wishes

Adam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm green with (full yellow ends) envy, I'm seriously tempted to order a pre TOPS blue to accompany my 9010 order. Are we likely to see all versions coming to market at once and is that a driver with an orange jacket?

Edited by w124bob

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, w124bob said:

I'm green with (full yellow ends) envy, hint hint! I'm seriously tempted to order a pre TOPS blue to accompany my 9021 order. Are we likely to see all versions coming to market at once ?

Might want to come back tomorrow for some green machines @w124bob

All of them are due to arrive together.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Re comment on the unique footstep on 22. I've just learned the reason - a flashing light originally installed there. This would have been plated over, hence the smaller footstep and plating in that location.

http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/0363.htm

You know, despite it only lasting a wet day, we did consider modelling this version at one point, but the sheer variation we're doing we sadly had to draw the line somewhere! We were glad to do the revised footstep for D9000 though, it's a nice wee detail! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You're really not making it easy to choose for us as yet floating voters (no, all 22 is not an option...).

25 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There are some detail issues which will be amended on the production models, such as the filled in quarterlights.

Here you go.  Sadly I no longer have the facilitues to add our alien friend.

Ballymoss_tweaked_20210208.jpg.0436d2b8911069c0958025b2880ceceb.jpg

27 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We also received decorated body shells for the rest of the blue locomotives which have also been assessed.

Any chance of pictures?

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

You're really not making it easy to choose for us as yet floating voters (no, all 22 is not an option...).

Here you go.  Sadly I no longer have the facilitues to add our alien friend.

Ballymoss_tweaked_20210208.jpg.0436d2b8911069c0958025b2880ceceb.jpg

Any chance of pictures?

Nicely done!

I have no photos of the body shells at the moment, but will see what I can do!

Cheers,

Fran

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Nicely done!

I have no photos of the body shells at the moment, but will see what I can do!

Cheers,

Fran

+1 from me for seeing the other bodyshells if it's not too much trouble please.

Cheers,

Joseph 

Edited by 60800
  • Like 2

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Right, let's get to some rail blue goodness!

OK, I can click 'Like' today. I couldn't last week, for reasons of colour my buttons didn't seem to work. ;)

Excellent work.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 12

24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

You know, despite it only lasting a wet day, we did consider modelling this version at one point, but the sheer variation we're doing we sadly had to draw the line somewhere! We were glad to do the revised footstep for D9000 though, it's a nice wee detail! 

Cheers,

Fran

Did you manage to tool the front end of 22 as preserved (revised foostep and High-Intensity light), in either plated or headcode box condition?

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

No - but you saw how he treated the engines on a Deltic - I think he needs to be kept away from these thoroughbreds.

Dunno what you mean.  He mended a dead engine with Radweld* and it worked fine, for a bit.  He never said it would be [redacted] permanent.

I'm not a DCC user, but is it too late to add 'Sing, my beauties!' to the sound project? Done that one already ages ago - very sad, must be old age.

*Britannia 70037 was going to be Radweld Makeshift of the East Angles but they changed their minds

Edited by Flying Pig
Repeating myself
  • Funny 2

Cant wait to give up my wages for a few of these (3 currently in mind)

Re the lenses in the plated over headcodes, in reality these were white rather than clear, often on models (bachy 47 comes to mind) these are left as clear plastic, meaning they look very (unprotypically) dark unless lit, as it seems does 55018 .

Will they be white on the production ones?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Cant wait to give up my wages for a few of these (3 currently in mind)

Re the lenses in the plated over headcodes, in reality these were white rather than clear, often on models (bachy 47 comes to mind) these are left as clear plastic, meaning they look very (unprotypically) dark unless lit, as it seems does 55018 .

Will they be white on the production ones?

Lenses are certainly going to be improved. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2