Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Bonus body action! 9021! 

200380481_Accurascale9021BRBluePre-TOPS-3.jpg.241561c2efa92a48d7d8a008988c8aec.jpg

1132498423_Accurascale9021BRBluePre-TOPS-2.jpg.8135d09e9e12ae34ad231e2de22cfcdd.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

A very impressive and complex piece of moulding in its own right (I presume this is a one-piece body-shell we are seeing?).

Like the fact that the exhaust ports/boiler cover are a seperate moulding, with appropriate depth and detailing of this area (though I presume ironically one area that basically stayed the same much through the locos life!)

15 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

No account with AS....I ordered it from Rails

Can you log on to their website?

Else a quick phonecall with your postcode should allow them to tell you (and set you up online)

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

A very impressive and complex piece of moulding in its own right (I presume this is a one-piece body-shell we are seeing?).

Like the fact that the exhaust ports/boiler cover are a seperate moulding, with appropriate depth and detailing of this area (though I presume ironically one area that basically stayed the same much through the locos life!)

Else a quick phonecall with your postcode should allow them to tell you (and set you up online)

You will see tomorrow some the differences on the exhaust port/boiler covers we are covering! They changed throughout the life of the locos, hence it being a separate part.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I’ll have to get in touch with AS as I thought I ordered from Rails but in fact I just found the receipt from AS from back in March 2019....Nimbus.....but I cannot log into AS...I will contact them tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

1209237987_Accurascale55001BRBlue-3.jpg.b006d8a0245af64e0dacd960d272d154.jpg

1811812932_Accurascale55001BRBlue-4.jpg.9b699d98dcce822545ba69fefd7d8179.jpg

Please note there are no details on these bodies!

Cheers,

Fran

That's pretty much the condition, St Paddy was in, when I saw it in the Plant!   :(

However, these do look very good and I might just have to have 17 or (and) 18!

Kev.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m so glad I ordered Ballymoss...

Indeed I ordered it before they announced it, I put my card on the counter before Fran lifted the cloth to reveal it !!!

i’m now ordering Tulyar from Rails to go with it... I can see this is going to hurt.. ive not yet seen 55002 or the blue plated headcode box plain blue yet...

Its excruciating seeing these EPs come out

its like watching England vs Argentina in the world cup 2002... 

you know its winner, but youve got 90 minutes to wait, it justs gets better and better

god help me when paint 37 EPs come.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1

45 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

You will see tomorrow some the differences on the exhaust port/boiler covers we are covering! They changed throughout the life of the locos, hence it being a separate part.

Cheers!

Fran

Can you give us a side-by-side of the different ports tomorrow.... ?

;-)

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

55 003

2094399089_Accurascale55003BRBlue-5.jpg.afcdd7a02c8c032b8b7be598b7183dd0.jpg

1207245925_Accurascale55003BRBlue-1.jpg.293e599d47aaf40cdb32bda8d1382ddc.jpg

Hi @Accurascale Fran

Is the mould seam aft of the cab doors at the roof line being looked at as a snag? It's a very distinct raised line in some photos.

If it's a compromise of the moulding technology and is too costly to alter or remedy during assembly then I understand :)

Cheers,

Edited by 60800

6 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Doesn't seem like the 'nose' is a separate moulding - all part of the same one injection moulding?

Reason is simple, I believe mentioned previously, but DP1 would have been nice ...

DP1's differences from the production Deltics go quite a bit deeper than the nose - she's shorter for one, and so are her bogies.

• Agree 2

I have just come across a picture of 9009 dated November 1973, with a domino headcode panel. The picture appears in Bradford Barton "Diesels in Action vol2" , this is the earliest use of domino dots I've seen and at a time when headcodes were still in use. There's no mistake as the book was published in 1975.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, 60800 said:

Gordon 'as preserved' would be nice for a future batch.

Producing 22 in it's final service state is right for the first batch as we have no clue how LSL are going to outshop her - equally with Tulyar the DPS have stated that she is not returning to service in Two-Tone Green so unless the Rails / DPS exclusive model of her is anything to by I think for the time being we are better off with only 2 and 9 being done 'as preserved' so far. In the same vein 19 is due to return to the mainline in Two-Tone Green if the chatter is to be believed.

As soon as it's known how 15, 19 and 22 are to be when they return it would be great to have those preserved models added to the Accurascale stable 

Cheers,

Manufacturers have to draw "a line in the sand" when it comes to particular liveries.

Especially if the model in question is still extant and may end up with a different paint scheme/detail in the near future.

One of the perils of modelling current day.

Hey ho.

At least I can justify D9009 on my present-ish (2015 onwards) day layout in front of yellow stuff.

Pic from flickr

D9009 / 55009 Alycidon Derby R.T.C 5.12.2015

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, 60800 said:

Hi @Accurascale Fran

Is the mould seam aft of the cab doors at the roof line being looked at as a snag? It's a very distinct raised line in some photos.

If it's a compromise of the moulding technology and is too costly to alter or remedy during assembly then I understand :)

Cheers,

Good morning everyone!

It sure is @60800, we should be able to do something about it! 

11 hours ago, Willoughby Glen said:

Got to agree with the comments.  For me looking like the model of the year is sown up, especially if the sound and running match the outward look.

Fran, sorry if this has been asked already but will locos be fully tested before shipping? 

Hi @Willoughby Glen, the factory will test each loco before they are sent to us and then we will do our own method of spot checking too. If anyone has any issues with their Deltic all they have to do is contact us or via their retailer they bought it off (in the case of the Rails/DPS/Locomotion special editions) and warranty repair or replacement will be organised. 

29 minutes ago, Legend said:

You going to get the green ones soon Fran ? Just so I can make a decision ! 

Sure will @Legend later today.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

37 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Good morning everyone!

It sure is @60800, we should be able to do something about it! 

Cheers!

Fran

Hi @Accurascale Fran That's fantastic, it really is. It's great to see just how far you guys are going to give us the best Deltic you possibly can and I can't wait to see you apply all this dedication to your future projects too. 

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @owentherail,

You'd be astonished at some of the emails and Facebook comments we get on such things!

Cheers,

Fran

Obviously to accommodate the beautiful sunny summers we have here, maybe a cabriolet version :D 

Edited by Chilly
  • Funny 1

Another superb effort.

There's almost a 'metallic sheen' to both your  blue and green paintwork.

One thing - could you straighten the buffers before you take the next photos please? !!

Where are the horns?

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Funny 3

Hi Fran I'm not sure if its there on the prototype as light always seems to fall in this area on photos, but is the seam line above the nose side grilles (and it looks like it may continue across the front of the nose in a slight curve in a couple of the photos?) there on the real thing or is it a snagging list issue? Cheers, Phil.