Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, delticfan said:

Your ideas and intentions are admirable but the limiting factors are money and in the case of the DPS both money and volunteers of which there are few to keep the locos running as it is. In time most things are possible but without cash and an abundance of free help progress is very slow and I speak from experience. It is good to have goals though.

And of course is there the demand for five mainline Deltics? DPS at least will need theirs to payback at least their running costs. 

Recent references to NRM Bachmann 'DP1' reminded me of a post I made some time ago with some pictures of the said 'DP1' I butchered with improvements to bogies and wheels with replacement full size P4 wheels and fully sprung wheelsets. However, there appeared to be some interest in other 'established' manufacturers products who's efforts really are lacking in 'finesse' and two that I would pick out are the Bachmann 1-CO-CO-1 type 4 DE locomotives of the class 40 and 44/45/46 because of their appalling cosmetic outside bogie frames! At least the Bullied/BR diesels, 101-03, from Mr. Kernow had cosmetic outside frames far superior to the Bachmann efforts but not having viewed them from close hand I could not comment any further. Regards. HL. 

22. Bachmann EE Type 4.

Edited by harry lamb
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SuperD said:

Thank you for the heads up on this BR BLUE.  I was watching one on eBay that stands at £170 with 30hrs to go.

Although is not the identical model that is for sale at Locomotion. For collectors the original releases are sought after and I think have the ECML livery which is subtly different.

Roy

I think the originals are the preserved livery (which is the one I would have gone for). I've no idea what the difference between DP1's present livery and the ECML vs WCLM liveries are. Can anyone illuminate?

This is getting OT fom Accurascale though

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

I think the originals are the preserved livery (which is the one I would have gone for). I've no idea what the difference between DP1's present livery and the ECML vs WCLM liveries are. Can anyone illuminate?

This is getting OT fom Accurascale though

I think some pipework painted read and buffers lined out?

Luke

• RMweb Gold

With the decorated samples being shown, I assume that the production run can’t be far off.  Will you let us know when they’re dispatched and on there way to us?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, jools1959 said:

With the decorated samples being shown, I assume that the production run can’t be far off.  Will you let us know when they’re dispatched and on there way to us?

Hi @jools1959,

We will continue to keep everyone updated on progress, including dispatch information of your parcel to your door! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

39 years ago this morning the old fella and myself set off for Doncaster Works on a DMU from York via Selby to see the last Deltics lined up at the Plant. What a magic day imprinted on my memory! Can anyone remember the DPS racehorse appeal which eventually got enough cash to buy 55009. Many of the above have vanished, the York to Selby line, the DMU, the Plant and most of the Deltics. 

D1.jpg.782c96b03e53e71cec865888bccd603d.jpg

• Like 15

I wonder if there would be scope for a reblown v5 decoder with seperately actioned startup functions, and indeed single engine running? This would obviously involve two complete sets of engine cycles (heavy and light load, startup, shutdown etc, one for two engines and one for single engine) which presumable could fit on the memory of the chip if other recordings like station announcements were removed.

Something for the sound file aftermarket producers to think about.

20 hours ago, delticfan said:

39 years ago this morning the old fella and myself set off for Doncaster Works on a DMU from York via Selby to see the last Deltics lined up at the Plant. What a magic day imprinted on my memory! Can anyone remember the DPS racehorse appeal which eventually got enough cash to buy 55009. Many of the above have vanished, the York to Selby line, the DMU, the Plant and most of the Deltics. 

D1.jpg.782c96b03e53e71cec865888bccd603d.jpg

I`m also in that lot, some where.

Agreed a brilliant day, but sad.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Definitely sad but would have been a lot sadder without the likes of DPS etc 

An unexpected day as well without social media it was only luck we found out about it and I must try and find out how we knew, probably a snipet in the local press a few days before. I remember walking through 55005’s engine room and it was completely empty no engines or boiler or nothing. 55005 was kept from scrap until the end of BR service in case 55002 was damaged beyond repair I seem to recall.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

... with a V-shaped pair of plumes of blue smoke reaching right up to the overall roof of Kings Cross 

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

is that the next Accurascale release?

A decent over arch station roof, or even a modern “concrete tunnel” style one would be nice.. the Peco and Hornby ones are desperately dated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, delticfan said:

I might be getting old but on my way home yesterday through York station all I could see were Azumas, I thought what a soul less railway we have now. How lucky we were to have lived through the Deltics and banger blue diesels we just didn’t know so at the time. 

Whilst I agree completely, I also think that each generation thinks the same as the railway they grew up with vanishes. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 8