Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

4 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I think it looks grand in purple with a grey stripe. It’s not in the least like a pink 66.

Purple with grey stripe vs pink with two white stripes does sound quite similar.

In reality a lot of difference and TBH I much prefer the pink 66. Hence why I have one and won't be buying Purple Gordon (even if I could).

I had maybe ought to make a decision on if and what I want on these models though.

Am I right in thinking that 9002 and 9009 are the only two models in preservation in something like current condition (other than 9009 is broken AFAIK and 9002 I don't think goes out)?

1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

Some people have no taste. Imagine covering a Deltic with blue paint with no attempt to disguise the slab-sidedness of the beast with a horizontal stripe or band of any kind. I think it looks grand in purple with a grey stripe. It’s not in the least like a pink 66.

What do you want - yellow with green polka dots?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Am I right in thinking that 9002 and 9009 are the only two models in preservation in something like current condition (other than 9009 is broken AFAIK and 9002 I don't think goes out)?

Basically yes.  Both have sealed high intensity headlights, though D9002/55002 is kept nice and dry at the NRM and D9009 is at Barrow Hill working there way through the damaged wiring.

Interestingly, both 55019 and 55022, also have high intensity headlights and rumours rumbling about that they might return to the mainline.  If that’s the case, I hope Accurascale do them in their present condition, if they do a second run.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

With the arrival of the Class 37’s and 55’s due (hopefully) within the next 3 months, would it be safe to assume that the Class 55’s arrive first or might they all arrive together?

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, jools1959 said:

With the arrival of the Class 37’s and 55’s due (hopefully) within the next 3 months, would it be safe to assume that the Class 55’s arrive first or might they all arrive together?

Both due a bit later than that, and Fran answered this question up thread a bit. Deltics September if I recall right.

Roy

46 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Both due a bit later than that, and Fran answered this question up thread a bit. Deltics September if I recall right.

Roy

I thought they were due end Q2, ie july. I suppose another couple of months wont make that much difference.

Sooner the better though.

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I thought they were due end Q2, ie july. I suppose another couple of months wont make that much difference.

Sooner the better though.

We're hoping for early Q3 so a bit more like late summer for these, but we will keep you all updated as production progresses. 

12 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Now I dont want to cause a panic....

But...

73934535-FFF5-480E-9366-A51655DDE915.jpeg.cc3a3917448ad69a5a46975ffb3b7320.jpeg

It's true, I'm afraid both DCC ready and DCC sound models of 9016 and 55022 are now sold out. D9013 isnt too far behind, nor is Ballymoss. So, if you are thinking of grabbing one, I'd reserve it sooner rather than later. We are beyond the point of increasing the run size with the factory as production has commenced. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I've finally plunged for 55018 Ballymoss. 55022 Royal Scots Grey was disguised as Ballymoss in preservation in recent times. And this also gives me a model suitable for the 70s as Ballymoss herself with those wonderful white window surrounds.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We're hoping for early Q3 so a bit more like late summer for these, but we will keep you all updated as production progresses. 

Fran

We need to know the road the factory is in, the licence plate of the truck delivering to the docks, the ships name and colour of the container it’s in please.....chop, chop.....we can’t just sit here and be patient.

• Funny 9

12 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

We need to know the road the factory is in, the licence plate of the truck delivering to the docks, the ships name and colour of the container it’s in please.....chop, chop.....we can’t just sit here and be patient.

Now now, that kind of behaviour is reserved for the KR models sub forum ;)

Cheers,

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Now now, that kind of behaviour is reserved for the KR models sub forum ;)

Cheers,

I’ve ordered a 55 and a 37....not even bothered with a GT3......it must be very contagious (very topical)......:D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's true, I'm afraid both DCC ready and DCC sound models of 9016 and 55022 are now sold out. D9013 isnt too far behind, nor is Ballymoss. So, if you are thinking of grabbing one, I'd reserve it sooner rather than later. We are beyond the point of increasing the run size with the factory as production has commenced. 

Cheers!

Fran

August 19th birthday pressie would be nice Fran! Failing that I shall have to get  Teri to bake me a birthday shortbread.... and eat it all myself :D:D

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Phil Bullock said:

August 19th birthday pressie would be nice Fran! Failing that I shall have to get  Teri to bake me a birthday shortbread.... and eat it all myself :D:D

I was hoping for June 12 but it looks like I’m going to have to celebrate my birthday with just a cupcake with a candle on it :locomotive::P

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

I’ve ordered a 55 and a 37....not even bothered with a GT3......it must be very contagious (very topical)......:D

No GT3 for me either (waiting for the Hunslets) but I do have two 55's on order and I'm tempted by Concrete Bob or one of the DRS 37/6's so I am quite eager for their arrival too :)

Cheers,

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

i dont think you would need to...

i cant imagine you couldnt possibly hear a container load of Deltics at full power...

i’d imagine that volume of napiers will part the indian ocean and arrive in record time.

The container will be humming and unload itself.

• Funny 5

20 minutes ago, 60800 said:

No GT3 for me either (waiting for the Hunslets) but I do have two 55's on order and I'm tempted by Concrete Bob or one of the DRS 37/6's so I am quite eager for their arrival too :)

Cheers,

I have the two Rails Deltics, and the Rails 37 and then 3 of the A/S 37/6's on order, they had been missing from my collection for some time and these seemed the ideal purchase!

Very much looking forward to them all hitting the layout this year

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

i dont think you would need to...

i cant imagine you couldnt possibly hear a container load of Deltics at full power...

i’d imagine that volume of napiers will part the indian ocean and arrive in record time.

The container will be humming and unload itself.

We would certainly know which port it’s departing from....just follow the exhaust start up clag....

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

hi Fran, do you think there will be repeat runs?

like @sc2016, specifically 9016 in purple...

Edited by amwells
Clarification
  • Funny 1

10 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

Hi, I was about to pre-order one of 9016 in Porterbrook purple last night along with a class 92 and TPE MK5 set when i noticed that they have already sold out hopefully you might consider to do another run of them in a second/ future batch.  Also i am hoping that you might consider to do 55019 in BR Blue in a future/ 2nd batch as that is the only real Deltic that i have seen running (2019) and would like to get a OO Gauge version of it. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1