Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium

Have pre-ordered a tops blue version with sound, and I'm looking forward to its arrival in due course. However, my bank account is swearing at me as it's also having to deal with an SLW 25/3 with sound. Fortunately I'm not interested in the 'current' 37s as I need tops blue 37/0 and revised standard 37/4 versions. However a Manor may yet be looked at (for a different era, natch).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Have pre-ordered a tops blue version with sound, and I'm looking forward to its arrival in due course. However, my bank account is swearing at me as it's also having to deal with an SLW 25/3 with sound. Fortunately I'm not interested in the 'current' 37s as I need tops blue 37/0 and revised standard 37/4 versions. However a Manor may yet be looked at (for a different era, natch).

Don’t they do 37001 in br blue

• RMweb Premium

Ah, but that's an early tops 37/0 with headcodes circa mid 70s. I'm after a later tops, mid 80s, with blanked off headcode boxes (not even domino).

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Ah, but that's an early tops 37/0 with headcodes circa mid 70s. I'm after a later tops, mid 80s, with blanked off headcode boxes (not even domino).

Aha! Soon :)

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, McC said:

Aha! Soon :)

Is that a promise? Also, what about original 37/4s, both Scottish and Welsh editions? ;)

Edited by Ian J.
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 96701 said:

:offtopic: How have we managed to get the 37s on the 55 topic? 37s have their own, this could get very confusing for this simple soul.

Whoops! Wheres the reverse button!  :help:

• Like 1

Good morning, seeing that 'English Electric' type locomotives have been unquestionably the most long lived and reliable of DE locomotives on BR and it's successors, with many of the classes from the '50's and '60's still active in main line use, could possibly benefit from a dedicated thread on BR era EE products which may be concentrated on these locomotives as they share much in common mechanically and in longevity. I reckon 'English Electric' rail products as a whole deserve recognition. If there happens to be such an existing thread then please ignore this observation! I'm only a 'lurker'! Regards. HL.

Edited by harry lamb
which
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, harry lamb said:

Good morning, seeing that 'English Electric' type locomotives have been unquestionably the most long lived and reliable of DE locomotives on BR and it's successors, with many of the classes from the '50's and '60's still active in main line use, could possibly benefit from a dedicated thread on BR era EE products which may be concentrated on these locomotives as they share much in common mechanically and in longevity. I reckon 'English Electric' rail products as a whole deserve recognition. If there happens to be such an existing thread then please ignore this observation! I'm only a 'lurker'! Regards. HL.

Is this just a long way of saying 'please do a class 50 next? ;)

Cheers,

• Funny 4

13 hours ago, 60800 said:

Is this just a long way of saying 'please do a class 50 next? ;)

Certainly not! I have no interest the class 50's and of all the 'EE' DE locomotives I find the 50's the least appealing! Awful looking machines! Bland is bland and then there are class 50's! I am not interested in wish lists whatsoever and I will pick whatever model I may deem useful for conversion to 18.83 gauge with correct size wheels and fully sprung/compensated bogies to improve running and appearance. I also re-gear some models if I find then too 'quick' for basic DC use, in particular some of Heljan's offerings which appear to have Mach 2 capability!  However, if somebody gifted me an SLW quality 4mm. fully sprung 18.83mm. gauge model of a class 50 I would thank them very much for it, rip the body off and trash it and then have hours of enjoyment playing with the mechanism and maybe putting it in a EE type 3 or twin engined EE type 5. I also reckon the class 50's would have had more appeal, for me, that is, if they had wrapped it in a BR Mk.1 carriage shell! Anyway, I had always thought of 'wishlists' as belonging to the larger layout owners and users rather than small time bods like me who only 'dabble' in modelling in a small way.  My biggest expense is in finding and purchasing components for the conversion of some of these RTR jobs to run on my very limited 'test/shunting plank' and that can be time consuming.   Class 50's? Never!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

12 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

Please find another thread for the wishlisting, chaps.  

Definitely not wishlisting haha, just joining in with the conversation :)

10 hours ago, harry lamb said:

Certainly not! I have no interest the class 50's and of all the 'EE' DE locomotives I find the 50's the least appealing! Awful looking machines! Bland is bland and then there are class 50's! I am not interested in wish lists whatsoever and I will pick whatever model I may deem useful for conversion to 18.83 gauge with correct size wheels and fully sprung/compensated bogies to improve running and appearance. I also re-gear some models if I find then too 'quick' for basic DC use, in particular some of Heljan's offerings which appear to have Mach 2 capability!  However, if somebody gifted me an SLW quality 4mm. fully sprung 18.83mm. gauge model of a class 50 I would thank them very much for it, rip the body off and trash it and then have hours of enjoyment playing with the mechanism and maybe putting it in a EE type 3 or twin engined EE type 5. I also reckon the class 50's would have had more appeal, for me, that is, if they had wrapped it in a BR Mk.1 carriage shell! Anyway, I had always thought of 'wishlists' as belonging to the larger layout owners and users rather than small time bods like me who only 'dabble' in modelling in a small way.  My biggest expense is in finding and purchasing components for the conversion of some of these RTR jobs to run on my very limited 'test/shunting plank' and that can be time consuming.   Class 50's? Never!

Oookay then..... 

Erm, back to Deltics? 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I'll just leave this here, then to try and get back to Deltics. I can't work out whether the number begins 55 or 9. I don't have a record of the date, but I have been told that the headcode is the up Flying Scotsman. Loco uncoupled from the train that it brought in.

I have probably posted this elsewhere on RMweb, so please accept my apology for repeating myself.

20150606162521_12.jpg.987a08013a32e94a90f82e7899e82bbb.jpg

Edited by 96701
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 96701 said:

I'll just leave this here, then to try and get back to Deltics. I can't work out whether the number begins 55 or 9. I don't have a record of the date, but I have been told that the headcode is the up Flying Scotsman. Loco uncoupled from the train that it brought in.

I have probably posted this elsewhere on RMweb, so please accept my apology for repeating myself.

20150606162521_12.jpg

Looks like 55007 Pinza to me.

Edit: or 9007. Point I was trying to make was Pinza!

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1