Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

If you click in to each one on the website it will be listed and shown in the artwork for each.

Cheers!

Fran

I am right in thinking that domino's are included in the headcode version and vice versa?

I'm sure I've seen that's the case

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

I am right in thinking that domino's are included in the headcode version and vice versa?

Caution...

The sheer volume of research, attention to detail and possible variants, right down to horn position, grills and screen wipers... Accurascale would definitely be justified in turning the tables on RMWebbers,  becoming Headmaster and critiquing & marking our modifications for accuracy...

ive already folded...

I’m already practising lines “I must try harder” 1000x and pre-polished the naughty step in expectation of this.

:D

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Alycidon said:

You are indeed correct @Alycidon. We will have what we state as a default fitting but dominos or headcode blinds etc will be provided to be alternatively fit by the end user.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Ian J. said:

I''ve just checked, and 55 005 and 55 011 are plated, 55 001 is domino, the rest are headcode (of those that are of that era).

Unfortunately this was something I missed when placing my order for 55 017, so it looks like I'll have to alter the order for a second time (from 55 017 to 55 011) as I'd prefer a plated over version.

Order changed, with apologies to Accurascale for cancelling a second time. Hopefully it won't happen again.

• Like 1

Apologies if this is a daft question; the DPS/Locomotion/Rails model of the Royal Highland Fusilier seems to have a small hatch/cover above the name to the right of the vent. Could somebody tell me what this is? I may have missed it but I can't see it on any of the other models?

image.png.b5215ed51289c5f60a46f15da194069d.png

I deliberated too long about the Black Watch and missed my chance, but will probably order this one from the DPS as a good alternative, and support a good cause in the process!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Quick question . Will the Rails versions arrive at same time as main Accurascale versions ? Quite fancy “Royal highland Fusilier” but I think that’s only available from Rails . 

Edited by Legend
Got wrong Deltic!
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Legend said:

Quick question . Will the Rails versions arrive at same time as main Accurascale versions ? Quite fancy “The Black Watch” but I think that’s only available from Rails . 

"The Black Watch" was one of Accurascale's "regular" releases (two-tone green with yellow nose panel), but has sold out... 

Rails/DPS have "Royal Highland Fusilier" D9019 in similar livery (but I haven't checked the detailed spec).  

Edit:

Please ignore - this post no longer makes sense now @Legend has edited their post...

Edited by 3rd Rail Exile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Legend said:

Quick question . Will the Rails versions arrive at same time as main Accurascale versions ? Quite fancy “Royal highland Fusilier” but I think that’s only available from Rails . 

Hi @Legend,

They will indeed!

1 minute ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

"The Black Watch" was one of Accurascale's "regular" releases (two-tone green with yellow nose panel), but has sold out... 

Rails/DPS have "Royal Highland Fusilier" D9019 in similar livery (but I haven't checked the detailed spec).  

Nimbus in our main range is also in this livery, so between all three you can build up a nice stable of racehorses! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Please don't forget those of us who are waiting for GYSP with the battery compartment louvres above the nameplates and horns not on the top of the roof (your D9014 spec but with SYP). Or do I succumb to St Paddy in BR blue instead...

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 2

On 26/04/2021 at 15:16, brushman47544 said:

Please don't forget those of us who are waiting for GYSP with the battery compartment louvres above the nameplates and horns not on the top of the roof (your D9014 spec but with SYP). Or do I succumb to St Paddy in BR blue instead...

Get both you’ll feel better for it!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Finally took the plunge on the Rails D9008 yesterday evening, after a long time deliberating on liveries. Spent a while reading back through this thread and really appreciating the depth of information and thorough updates Accurascale has delivered.

This will be the first non-steam loco I've ever owned. Totally out of period for what I like to model, but the quality of the product made me buckle!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, OliverBytham said:

Finally took the plunge on the Rails D9008 yesterday evening, after a long time deliberating on liveries. Spent a while reading back through this thread and really appreciating the depth of information and thorough updates Accurascale has delivered.

This will be the first non-steam loco I've ever owned. Totally out of period for what I like to model, but the quality of the product made me buckle!

If you’re going to get a first diesel you might as well start with the best :)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

but unfortunately Accurascale have not announced a 50 :)

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Didn't realise Accurascale were making a class 50 ?

:D

Edit.. I. Should have read the next post... but at least were all reading the same script.

Edited by adb968008

Forgive me for not analysing the entire 84 pages of the thread, could one of the Accurascale fellows advise on the likelyhood of Ballymoss having another run. It's the only FP white window racehorse I'd really like but understand fully should Accurascale wish to do another one next.

Tia, C6T. 

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Forgive me for not analysing the entire 84 pages of the thread, could one of the Accurascale fellows advise on the likelyhood of Ballymoss having another run. It's the only FP white window racehorse I'd really like but understand fully should Accurascale wish to do another one next.

Tia, C6T. 

It has been said that current offerings will not be re-run - so no repetition of number / livery combo.

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

It has been said that current offerings will not be re-run - so no repetition of number / livery combo.

Roy

Thanx Roy.

Easiest to replicate then would be a renumber & 'plate overlay of Crepello or Tulyar (without Rainhill gubbins on the latter, natch).

C6T.