Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Forgive me for not analysing the entire 84 pages of the thread, could one of the Accurascale fellows advise on the likelyhood of Ballymoss having another run. It's the only FP white window racehorse I'd really like but understand fully should Accurascale wish to do another one next.

Tia, C6T. 

Rails of sheffield have an Accurascale exclusive of Tulyar...

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/38127/accurascale-cl55-55015-sound-oo-gauge-tulyar-class-55-015-deltic-in-br-blue-livery-with-finsbury-park-white-cab-dcc-sound

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/37132/accurascale-cl55-55015-oo-gauge-tulyar-class-55-015-deltic-in-br-blue-livery-with-finsbury-park-white-cab

very surprised its not sold out yet.

• RMweb Gold

If Accurascale indeed do another run, I'd like to see 55022/D9000 in it's current form in BR blue, plated head code panel and high intensity headlight.  Yes it's a repeat of the first run but not in it's current form, so it should count :locomotive:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I've been shuffling my pennies about and wondering if I have enough time to save up for another DCC & sound version?  I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string but do you have a approximate date when the finished product will arrive in the UK?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I've been shuffling my pennies about and wondering if I have enough time to save up for another DCC & sound version?  I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string but do you have a approximate date when the finished product will arrive in the UK?

Hi Jools,

As per the last update, late Q2 early Q3 (more likely early Q3 at this stage) is as firm as we can be at this time I'm afraid.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Any more news on the Deltics? I presume production must be in full swing now if still aiming for July-Aug?

Will there be any air freighted 'advance samples' for review on here/magazines etc?

Hi @G-BOAF,

Production is indeed underway and we should have a full update from the factory in the next couple of weeks. Of course, once we have it we will publish it on here and our website etc.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late to the party, but have put in an order for a pair of the sound versions a couple of days ago after seeing the video you put up demonstrating the pre production sample. I have only been back in this hobby for just over a year after 20 years away, but the sort of stuff you guys are turning out is the sort of thing we could only dream about back then.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

A bit late to the party, but have put in an order for a pair of the sound versions a couple of days ago after seeing the video you put up demonstrating the pre production sample. I have only been back in this hobby for just over a year after 20 years away, but the sort of stuff you guys are turning out is the sort of thing we could only dream about back then.

Hi @Super-Sloth,

Many thanks for your kind words and welcome back to the hobby. We try our hardest to drive the hobby forwards so it's great to hear such feedback.

Just a mini update on the Deltic progress, production is underway and we are pushing hard to have these delivered in Q3. We will provide production updates during the process and keep you all in the loop as we progress, so keep an eye out for them!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Out of interest, does anyone know what are the differences between the Royal highland fusiliers model and nimbus model, both in green with small yellow ends (apart from the names and numbers, obviously!)? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Henners84
Typo

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Unfortunately the video ends rather abruptly just as they get to the Deltic. 

A complete version of the video has now replaced the original one so my earlier comment is out of date.

Edited by BR Blue
Video subsequently updated
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

18 hours ago, woodenhead said:

"It's got everything I can remember" - he said at 8:16.

He must have a strange memory if he remembers them without buffers :D

image.png.86c87de45a77b985aa44a7bb0575aab1.png

Also did not mention Gateshead Depot, as a Deltic haunt.  No mention of the close work with the DPS, whom own 3 - only a passing comment on worked with.  As to High Speed running, seems to not understand the speeds obtained on the railway at the time - difficult to compare todays system network with different track combinations and less pointwork etc.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Was the video of a new iteration of the development process, or was it just a showing of the existing pre-production samples for which there are already photos?

Any update on the ETA?

Hi G-BOAF,

It was one of the existing pre-production models.

As per our last update currently running towards the end of quarter 3, but we will have a full production update in the coming weeks which will have a more accurate delivery date.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Looking forward to the arrival of my 3 just need to ensure wife's at the hairdresser's when the package arrives :rolleyes: 

Which may well cost you the price of a 4th Deltic 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 6

I was looking at the video Accurascale posted of their deltic and I have a questions. The video goes through different sound options including max thrash and heavy load. Is it possible to activate these sounds without the loco moving (this may be more a DCC question than a Deltic specific one), or is this just a feature of the sample decoder accurascale was using?

Would be quite fun to be able to rev up the loco on shed....!

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Is it possible to activate these sounds without the loco moving (this may be more a DCC question than a Deltic specific one), or is this just a feature of the sample decoder accurascale was using?

If it's the same as the decoder for the A Class you should be able to hold the loco and just play with the loud handle - which I'm sure will be something everyone will do with a Deltic.

• Funny 1