Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

22 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

If it's the same as the decoder for the A Class you should be able to hold the loco and just play with the loud handle - which I'm sure will be something everyone will do with a Deltic.

Fine until anyone you are living with comes home for more than 10 seconds...! :-p

When you say 'hold the loco' is there a function for this on the chip? (again my DCC ignorance)

• Moderators
1 minute ago, G-BOAF said:

When you say 'hold the loco' is there a function for this on the chip?

Yes, I think it was F5 in the case of the A Class.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Its the drive lock function folks …. It holds the loco at its current speed whilst the throttle controls the sound from the engine. The key will vary depending on the sound project but can be used to great effect …. How about a pair of 37s struggling up a 1 in 80 grade with 10 100 ton tank cars at 20 mph on maximum thrash….:nono:

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

If it's the same as the decoder for the A Class you should be able to hold the loco and just play with the loud handle - which I'm sure will be something everyone will do with a Deltic.

It sure is! F5 you can throttle up to your hearts content, much to your neighbours annoyance! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

much to your neighbours annoyance! 

I'm sure there's something wrong with their washing machine next door!

• Funny 13

Up until I realised walking around a boggy field on a cold Winter's day wasn't ideal, I used to enjoy R/C trucks of pretty large dimensions .... 

Used to wait on Sunday mornings until the neighbours started mowing, then out came the nitro and petrol monster trucks ... !!

Al.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

I had a pair of sound fitted 20's running with the attic windows open. My neighbour (who shares the hobby - a very happy coincidence) thought there were '20's up at our local station and dashed off on his bike to have a look! :)

Surely the ultimate 'how realistic are you models' proof!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Henners84 said:

@Accurascale Fran @McC

If not already asked, any plans to model the prototype blue livery or has Bachmann somehow managed exclusive rights to it? 

The prototype differs sufficiently from the production locomotives that it can't be made as a detail and livery variant of a Class 55.  The excellent Bachmann DP1 is a totally separate model from their disappointing 55s.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Henners84 said:

@Accurascale Fran @McC

If not already asked, any plans to model the prototype blue livery or has Bachmann somehow managed exclusive rights to it? 

Can't imagine there is much of a market for a competing DP1 to be honest - the Bachmann model is excellent, readily available and I think most of those who want one already have one.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Can't imagine there is much of a market for a competing DP1 to be honest - the Bachmann model is excellent, readily available and I think most of those who want one already have one.

And different enough to make it a project in it's own right I expect.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

The prototype differs sufficiently from the production locomotives that it can't be made as a detail and livery variant of a Class 55.  The excellent Bachmann DP1 is a totally separate model from their disappointing 55s.

Hadn't realised, thanks

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Nose is different (with headlight, and also nose grills on both sides I think)

Bodysides are different (hand holds for boiler ports, as well as the lining 'trim)

And then the major stuff

Body is a little shorter than the production locos (I'm sure someone can put some numbers on this, or at least linke up a DP1 model with a Bachmann production model)

This would obviously necessitate new body AND chassis tooling....

Potentially the fabricated bogies and wheels are the same, as well as some of the detail parts....

Edited by G-BOAF

4 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Nose is different (with headlight, and also nose grills on both sides I think)

Bodysides are different (hand holds for boiler ports, as well as the lining 'trim)

And then the major stuff

Body is a little shorter than the production locos (I'm sure someone can put some numbers on this, or at least linke up a DP1 model with a Bachmann production model)

This would obviously necessitate new body AND chassis tooling....

Potentially the fabricated bogies and wheels are the same, as well as some of the detail parts....

If the actual loco chassis and body is a different length then I can understand why not in the range/future plans. The other parts could have just about be argued as a tooling variation in my opinion 

• RMweb Premium

Fran or anyone else from Accurascale: 

Can you remind me how I pay some of the balance off on models that I've pre-ordered? I think you said after paying the £30 deposit customers could pay what and when they liked between then and the model coming out. Is it just a question of sending you a paypal payment with the invoice number as the payment reference? 

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Daddyman said:

Fran or anyone else from Accurascale: 

Can you remind me how I pay some of the balance off on models that I've pre-ordered? I think you said after paying the £30 deposit customers could pay what and when they liked between then and the model coming out. Is it just a question of sending you a paypal payment with the invoice number as the payment reference? 

Send an email to support@accurascale.co.uk with your order details and we'll sort you out. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, G-BOAF said:

3.5 weeks since an update from Accurascale (long by their standards... but not for any other manufacturer).

Any idea when the boat departs/when deliveries might commence?

I was on holiday I'm afraid!

No change to previous update. If there is a change we will post it here as always!

Cheers,

Fran 

• Friendly/supportive 4

48 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

No change to previous update. If there is a change we will post it here as always!

Cheers,

Fran 

On holiday!  I'd keep that quiet or they will all be wanting one!

• Funny 10

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers,

Fran 

Holiday. How dare you :-P

Well deserved as well! Hope you are back brimming with fresh ideas

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 4