Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi, any news on when the Deltics will be arriving. Thanks Fred 

Hi @Fredo 

As per my update on Monday, no change to delivery date of late in Quarter 3. They're currently in production and we will be due a full production progress update from the factory within the next couple of weeks. Once we have it we will post it here and it will contain a more precise delivery date.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Well I’m afraid I had to cancel my deposit for D9020 as I’ve switch from British Railways  to LMS pre war.

on the plus side I’m also modelling British Rail 70s to 80’s so I’ve bought out right 55005 to make minds to Fran. 
now camped next to the door with my bottle of Companero to keep out the cold well I wait for delivery. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Here is our latest Deltic update. A tad overdue to say the least, but with most parts of the world feeling the pinch of the pandemic still I'm sure you can appreciate why it took us longer than desired for us to get information nailed down. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-55-deltic-update-september-2021

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Cheers!

Fran  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Here is our latest Deltic update. A tad overdue to say the least, but with most parts of the world feeling the pinch of the pandemic still I'm sure you can appreciate why it took us longer than desired for us to get information nailed down. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-55-deltic-update-september-2021

Cheers!

Fran  

Thanks for the update Fran

Of course the delay is disappointing, but personally I’d rather have an accurate model than a quickly delivered one! And please don’t send me a box of bits……

looking forward to a great after-Christmas present

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Csalem said:

Although they are delayed, at least they are in production so we know they are definitely coming. 

As we say in the blog, we're at the final hurdle now. Production is well underway and has been for months, it's just taking longer at the moment. There are product delays across the board as it's just the situation all manufacturing is finding itself in now. We will bring further progress shots as it hits various milestones like painting, assembly, testing etc as we progress.

Cheers,

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran  

Reading the update and looking at the boxes of parts I thought you were going to ask for volunteers to put them together!

If it helps I've got the fitting of the bufferbeam detail pack on a Bachmann 24 down to 2 hours. Per end. Longer for a Dapol 22 as there are no instructions and the holes are different sizes to the parts ;)

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

As we say in the blog, we're at the final hurdle now. Production is well underway and has been for months, it's just taking longer at the moment. There are product delays across the board as it's just the situation all manufacturing is finding itself in now. We will bring further progress shots as it hits various milestones like painting, assembly, testing etc as we progress.

Cheers,

Fran 

Please don’t just blame there being no truck drivers though….bit tired of that one now :lol:

• Funny 3

Sad to hear, but kinda expected given the state of the world.

Given they were due end q3, surely the factory has known for a while it wil miss this deadline.... but harsh to tell accurascale only at the time of scheduled shipping.

Also a shame it will miss out a shot at model of the year 2021 which I honestly thought it would be a shoe-in for. There will be a lot of competition next year from other manufacturers as well as Accurascale's own 92 and 37

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Friendly/supportive 1