Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Hi Guys. To save me reading back through the thread, any update on when the AS 'Deltic' pre-orders are expected to ship? Thanks in advance.

Hi Noel,

As detailed in our email to you last night the delivery updates can be found in the latest news section of our website. Here is the Class 55 one for you: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-55-deltic-update-september-2021

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Noel,

As detailed in our email to you last night the delivery updates can be found in the latest news section of our website. Here is the Class 55 one for you: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-55-deltic-update-september-2021

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks. I didn't receive an email. So after reading the link above the answer seems to be Q1 2022 for the Deltics. Looking forward to them, I can retrieve some of my old BR outline coaching stock to run with them on kingsbridge.

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Thanks. I didn't receive an email. So after reading the link above the answer seems to be Q1 2022 for the Deltics. Looking forward to them, I can retrieve some of my old BR outline coaching stock to run with them on kingsbridge.

Afternoon Noel! I emailed you back last night at 9.36pm, should be in your inbox, clarifying that the orders for non UK customers would be raised and handled by our EU dispatch and billing. If you need anything else, feel free to reply to my email.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Feels funny to be excited to be ordering a model that wont be coming for months but these are indeed strange times! Added 'Nimbus' to my already ordered D9008. I see the 'Purple Haze' D9016 is available to order  - weren't these sold out at one point or have I just made that up?

Just need an excuse for a Manor now  - rule one on my layout is anything can turn up on the parcels train........ ;)

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Feels funny to be excited to be ordering a model that wont be coming for months but these are indeed strange times! Added 'Nimbus' to my already ordered D9008. I see the 'Purple Haze' D9016 is available to order  - weren't these sold out at one point or have I just made that up?

Just need an excuse for a Manor now  - rule one on my layout is anything can turn up on the parcels train........ ;)

Yes, Royal Scots Grey and D9016 had been sold out, but we've managed to secure a teeny little bit of capacity that adds a few more back to the for sale bucket!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

7 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

I agree

apart from my future-Deltic, I’m also waiting (patiently?) for the Bachmann 1938 tube train AND an Auscision indigenous Indian Pacific loco. No idea which one will get here first!

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Feels funny to be excited to be ordering a model that wont be coming for months but these are indeed strange times!

I thought we had all being doing that for years, not just in these times?  I waited many years (not months) for my Thumper, Kernow Warship, 2-HAP... The list goes on.

Roy

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I thought we had all being doing that for years, not just in these times?  I waited many years (not months) for my Thumper, Kernow Warship, 2-HAP... The list goes on.

Roy

True - I'm new to the pre ordering game previously being of the opinion that its best to wait and see what the actual model looks like before committing. Its a compliment to the openness  of Accurascale and the obvious quality of the test shots we have seen on here that I am willing to commit at this stage. Haven't preordered from any other manufacturer and nothing on the horizon that is tempting me to so far (no use for industrials and other manufacturers dont inspire the same confidence that it will be 'right' so I'll wait to see on the shelves and if it sells out on preorder so be it :))

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

Yes, Royal Scots Grey and D9016 had been sold out, but we've managed to secure a teeny little bit of capacity that adds a few more back to the for sale bucket!

Thank goodness for insomnia and late night impulse purchasing then!

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, 69843 said:

Thank goodness for insomnia and late night impulse purchasing then!

Try collecting records, thats even worse for late night impulse purchasing. And although often less the price of a 16t mineral wagon it can soon add up as does the beer/wine that caused the late night in the first place. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, McC said:

Wish I hadn't seen this just ordered Royal Scots Grey now

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, bazil31 said:

Wish I hadn't seen this just ordered Royal Scots Grey now

My original intention was to buy only one of these magnificent beasts , having poured over the Livery Samples i dithered too long -  predictably once id settled on Royal Scots Grey  it was sold out so am grateful of a second chance ,i wasn't going to miss  this opportunity twice,order placed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

@Accurascale FranFran - reference the announcement about more Portersbrook models being available - the web site only allows selection of sound fitted version - does this mean the additional models are again all sold out?

Graham

Only just got the email and can’t seem to order any which is disappointing

• RMweb Gold

I thought I didn't need a Deltic or a class 37, but the quality these folks are turning out......How could I not get them............I'm very sad:scratchhead:, but then again going to be very happy:D, not sure SWMBO will be though:scared::scared:!!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

I have sound fitted RSG in my basket right now.  Non sound also seems available to be ordered.

just checked, only sound fitted available.

having seen the samples at GETS i was gutted i did not bite. Luckily i jumped on this this morning bagged a non sound version.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

just checked, only sound fitted available.

having seen the samples at GETS i was gutted i did not bite. Luckily i jumped on this this morning bagged a non sound version.

You're absolutely right.  Non-sound now gone.  Like you, picked one up this morning.  I'll drop this sound fitted one in case someone else wants it.  D6700 also ordered while i was on a roll......

Ordered Royal Scots Grey earlier today. I missed out on this first time around. Managed to bag myself one today. Im so pleased ive managed to secure this Sound Version as well. Top mark to AS for allowing a few more to be produced. 

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 2

I was happy when i received/seen the email that the Gordon Highlander Deltic was back available and then i went to the website and unfortunately noticed that i missed out again as they are all sold out again oh well another model missed perhaps i get one in the future.   

Edited by sc2016
  • Agree 2

I was rather surprised to log on this morning and see that there are some DCC ready editions of RSG now available, especially since there were none by the time I saw the post when the extended run announcement was made last week. 

Since DCC sound was available for a short while, I wonder if people have upgraded from DCC ready orders? Regardless I am grateful RSG is available again and I've just put my order in.

@Accurascale Fran Do you know how much allocation of Tulyar is left please? I was going to order that but RSG took precedence! 

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
  • Like 1