Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, bazil31 said:

I wonder if the same might happen with Ballymoss and The Black watch?

I would probably order Ballymoss as I do like the white windows.

Baz

Hi Baz,

Sadly not looking that way, but it is likely we will have some cancellations held back and when delivered a small amount could then be offered for sale. Cant promise anything but worth keeping an eye out for.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Rails appear to be sold out of their allocation of Tulyar (both versions) KYOLI 1980s (sound) and Alycidon (sound).

Not surprised about Tulyar as a Finsbury Park Blue Deltic.

The other two are also unsurprising given Accurascale's recent comments on how well the sound models are selling

I delayed my D9009 order too long, but the sell-out at Rails prompted me to get my finger out and order from the DPS instead :-)

...because D9002 in 2016 livery (ordered when first announced) would be lonely without a stablemate!

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

12 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

I delayed my D9009 order too long, but the sell-out at Rails prompted me to get my finger out and order from the DPS instead :-)

...because D9002 in 2016 livery (ordered when first announced) would be lonely without a stablemate!

I can safely say your not alone in thinking that it needed a stablemate! They were ordered a while back from Rails in my case though! Looking forward to them arriving!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, XChris said:

I can safely say your not alone in thinking that it needed a stablemate! They were ordered a while back from Rails in my case though! Looking forward to them arriving!

If you have seen the superb job they have made of the A class you will be way more excited to see there Deltic than that.Will be like Elon Musk sent you a real one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

If you have seen the superb job they have made of the A class you will be way more excited to see there Deltic than that.Will be like Elon Musk sent you a real one.

I think we’re all pretty excited, but impatient too perhaps

• Like 1

At a recent exhibition I was chatting with a guy on the Rails stand about the Accurascale Deltics. He mentioned the packaging itself is a marvel. Quote: "They've really gone to town on it" and "It's like they've made the box itself an event, like Apple do." Apparently it's enormous.

I'm not really one for unboxing videos or fetishising luxury boxes, but at the very least it sounds like this exceptional model is going to be very well looked-after in the post.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, OliverBytham said:

Apparently it's enormous.

From someone who buys models to run them on my layout, a larger than life box that I need to store somewhere is not something I'm particularly looking forward to!

I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, OliverBytham said:

At a recent exhibition I was chatting with a guy on the Rails stand about the Accurascale Deltics. He mentioned the packaging itself is a marvel. Quote: "They've really gone to town on it" and "It's like they've made the box itself an event, like Apple do." Apparently it's enormous.

I'm not really one for unboxing videos or fetishising luxury boxes, but at the very least it sounds like this exceptional model is going to be very well looked-after in the post.

A bigger than usual loco size box might well work well getting it past the 'customs inspector' (otherwise known as Mrs P!) in my house. I can say its Wiggle cycling again - they always use massive boxes even if its only an innertube or something equally small. Mind you they also enclose a complimentary packet of Haribos - how about that Fran a packet of Haribos with every Deltic purchased? :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by MikeParkin65
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

A bigger than usual loco size box might well work well getting it past the 'customs inspector' (otherwise known as Mrs P!) in my house. I can say its Wiggle cycling again - they always use massive boxes even if its only an innertube or something equally small. Mind you they also enclose a complimentary packet of Haribos - how about that Fran a packet of Haribos with every Deltic purchased? :biggrin_mini2:

I thought you were sweet enough, Mike? 

Sorry not sorry! 

• Funny 6

5 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

No worse than Hattons who use a huge shipping box sometimes for a very small item.

My neighbours have done very well from Wiggle Haribo (I can't/won't eat Gelatine and Haribo is loaded with the stuff; I do wish they would give options for supply of something else). Sometimes I've had 5 packs in one shipping!

(time for a cycling subforum on RMWeb?)

Very excited to see the Deltic packaging.

• Like 1

@Accurascale Fran @McC

If one were to want to post-date D9009 from 2016 to 2019/2021 condition (i.e. cast bogie frames ), will it be possible to procure spare cast type frame mouldings (even if one has to paint the axle boxes oneself, or has to paint silver springs black)?

How easy will frame swapping be, or would one have/be easier to purchase complete bogie sets (also something I'm willing to entertain).

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

@Accurascale Fran @McC

If one were to want to post-date D9009 from 2016 to 2019/2021 condition (i.e. cast bogie frames ), will it be possible to procure spare cast type frame mouldings (even if one has to paint the axle boxes oneself, or has to paint silver springs black)?

How easy will frame swapping be, or would one have/be easier to purchase complete bogie sets (also something I'm willing to entertain).

Hi @G-BOAF

We will not be selling bogie frames as a separate part I'm afraid. As we are making wheel swapping for finescale a straightforward process swapping frames out would be easy enough for a competent modeller.

Cheers

Fran

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2021 at 22:35, G-BOAF said:

Likewise, I saw it got a different power unit yesterday on Facebook, remembered I hadn't ordered it yet and then noticed Rails had sold out of sound so pounced on the DPS to get one.

• RMweb Gold

"STAYIN' ALIVE!"

Did you know that every Accurascale locomotive will feature a powerbank of capacitors?

Great! But what does that mean?

Well, when you loco hits some dirty track, or a small dead spot on your layout, it will just keep on running for a number of seconds rather than cutting out! This is thanks to the power stored in its capacitors.

As you can see in this short video, the DCC sound will not be interrupted either! Each powerbank is nicely tucked away out of sight on each locomotive, ready to do its job when needed.

Testing is such great fun! :) 

Pre-order your Accurascale Class 55 Deltic, Class 92, Class 37 or Manor Class locomotives today: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/locomotives 

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Silly boy question about that clip .... if that loco is running before your lifted it off the track, why wasn't it going forwards?

It wasnt, it was sitting on the rails, but manual throttling on the sound chip.

Cheers!

Fran  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

"STAYIN' ALIVE!"

Did you know that every Accurascale locomotive will feature a powerbank of capacitors?

Great! But what does that mean?

Well, when you loco hits some dirty track, or a small dead spot on your layout, it will just keep on running for a number of seconds rather than cutting out! This is thanks to the power stored in its capacitors.

As you can see in this short video, the DCC sound will not be interrupted either! Each powerbank is nicely tucked away out of sight on each locomotive, ready to do its job when needed.

Testing is such great fun! :) 

Pre-order your Accurascale Class 55 Deltic, Class 92, Class 37 or Manor Class locomotives today: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/locomotives 

Cheers!

Fran 

Nice idea Fran but for those of us relying on dead sections to stop a train  can they be disabled? Might cause chaos! Cheers

• Like 1