Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Bucoops said:

As I understand it, modern image means the modernisation plan era - to separate it from Steam. It does NOT cover more recent times - I guess you could call that the blue period, then sectorisation then privatisation?

The problem is that while some will share your opinion, many, probably most, will not.  There's really no point batting definitions to and fro as we can never reach agreement.  The word "modern" on it's own is just as contentious.  Best to be specific and avoid misunderstanding.

• Agree 1

I've thrown the cat among the pigeons I see. :-o

to rephrase using official terminology (!) I'm surprised that D9009 and D9002 have not sold through more as the only models representative of the more recent network rail era (D9016 was launched in purple in 2002 and ran a little on the mainline for a short while so only captures the very early part of this period....)

Also (now on previous page), are the cab gauge lights going to be on the same function as the main head/tail lights, as the sound function list does not include a function for them?

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I've thrown the cat among the pigeons I see. :-o

to rephrase using official terminology (!) I'm surprised that D9009 and D9002 have not sold through more as the only models representative of the more recent network rail era (D9016 was launched in purple in 2002 and ran a little on the mainline for a short while so only captures the very early part of this period....)

Also (now on previous page), are the cab gauge lights going to be on the same function as the main head/tail lights, as the sound function list does not include a function for them?

You are getting 10/10 for effort here @G-BOAF :yes:

Roy

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

yes the gauges light on F0

86C98F5F-8D12-4DDD-97AE-0CFA208ABA18.jpeg

Edited by McC
  • Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, McC said:

yes the gauges light on F0

86C98F5F-8D12-4DDD-97AE-0CFA208ABA18.jpeg

WOW!!!

you have not shown us this effect yet and I was worried it had been forgotten about... :-p

Maybe a little bright. Can they be toned down? or will this require a bit of paper or filter in front of the LED?

But the effect is incredible

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

WOW!!!

you have not shown us this effect yet and I was worried it had been forgotten about... :-p

Maybe a little bright. Can they be toned down? or will this require a bit of paper or filter in front of the LED?

But the effect is incredible

Yes this is the early sample :)

the production version will be toned back. Printing the gauges was a  step too far unfortunately. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, McC said:

If it helps, our Eras are split as 

• Pioneering
  • Pre-Grouping
  • Big Four
  • BR Steam
  • BR Green
  • BR Blue
  • BR Freight Maroon
  • BR Sectorisation
  • BR Sectorisation (Passenger)
  • Shadow Privatisation
  • Privatisation
  • Preservation
  • Network Rail

aye aye aye, you guys are slipping…..

you missed post-privatisation..

• GBR

:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, paulbb said:

I always thought 'modern image' was a term coined by steam era modellers ( in certain magazines) to denote a 'non steam model railway'. Seems a far too general and dated term nowadays to be of any value.

Widely reported to be credited to the late (and great) Cyril Freezer.

Somewhere, I have the magazine dating from the mid 60's with it on the front cover.

:offtopic:

But the MI debate has been the subject of other threads on here - that usually get locked after a couple of pages as it descends into a kettles v paraffin cans bust-up on the scale of a EM/P4/00 gauge war.

Having said that, I'm quite looking forward to a d*lt*c on Deadmans Lane. (flickr pic)

Deltic D9009 "Alycidon" on Derby RTC

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

If they made a 47, I'd expect the large louvres in the roof to open when higher throttle settings applied!

Loving that lit dials detailing - present on normal DC operation?

Al.

Yes, the complete lighting suite, the super capacitor power bank are all default features common to all models from just £160  - https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, McC said:

Yes, the complete lighting suite, the super capacitor power bank are all default features common to all models from just £160  - https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic

Absolutely superb!!

Tempted to get another now, but family will disown me! :unsure:

Is this control panel lighting going to be a common feature on all 'modern image' locomotives or just the Deltic?

Al.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Absolutely superb!!

Tempted to get another now, but family will disown me! :unsure:

Is this control panel lighting going to be a common feature on all 'modern image' locomotives or just the Deltic?

Al.

yes we plan to constantly drive new standards. Our recent metrovick ‘A class’ also has dash lighting as do all the other planned and announced locomotives. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

ESU - "So, how loud do you want the Deltic to be?"

Accurascale Engineers - "Yes."

Apparently it's as loud as a bulldozer or a Jazz club. Neither sound as good as EE's finest though! 

Order your sound fitted, decibel Deltic today: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

12 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

ESU - "So, how loud do you want the Deltic to be?"

Accurascale Engineers - "Yes."

Apparently it's as loud as a bulldozer or a Jazz club. Neither sound as good as EE's finest though! 

Order your sound fitted, decibel Deltic today: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic 

Cheers!

Fran 

My wife is already asking if it has a volume control

• Funny 2

it had better have volume control..... or else will Accurascale provide vouchers for relationship counselling?

Not just domestic, but based on my modelling history, volume control will be needed for neighbours (when used outside), friends houses (sharing the passion), hotel bars (trains and whisky), first class aircraft cabins (just because)....

Seriously thought, this is quite an achievement. especially since the sound does not appear to be distorted.

My excitement levels are approaching 100dB

EDIT

p.s. apparently sounds above 85dB are harmful over long periods. So we should all be careful. maybe wear ear defenders when operating this model (or just turning down the volume!)

https://rnid.org.uk/information-and-support/ear-health/protect-your-hearing/how-loud-is-too-loud/

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

it had better have volume control..... or else will Accurascale provide vouchers for relationship counselling?

Not just domestic, but based on my modelling history, volume control will be needed for neighbours (when used outside), friends houses (sharing the passion), hotel bars (trains and whisky), first class aircraft cabins (just because)....

Seriously thought, this is quite an achievement. especially since the sound does not appear to be distorted.

My excitement levels are approaching 100dB

EDIT

p.s. apparently sounds above 85dB are harmful over long periods. So we should all be careful. maybe wear ear defenders when operating this model (or just turning down the volume!)

https://rnid.org.uk/information-and-support/ear-health/protect-your-hearing/how-loud-is-too-loud/

It was a kind-of-tongue-in-cheek comment - pretty sure ESU decoders have a volume control cv, and perhaps volume up/down assigned to function buttons. I know Zimo works that way