Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, philg said:

It was a kind-of-tongue-in-cheek comment - pretty sure ESU decoders have a volume control cv, and perhaps volume up/down assigned to function buttons. I know Zimo works that way

Loksound master volume: CV 63

Roy

1 hour ago, philg said:

It was a kind-of-tongue-in-cheek comment - pretty sure ESU decoders have a volume control cv, and perhaps volume up/down assigned to function buttons. I know Zimo works that way

I know it was :-)

as already noted there is volume control for ESU, both total volume and individual effects (which is actually good as it means you can 'mix' your sound volumes and ensure everything is in proportional loudness (e.g. decoders always seem to have very loud coupling clanks compared to the actual volume of that operation!)

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, philg said:

My wife is already asking if it has a volume control

In the past ive had two of them wife types and never got to the bottom of what cv setting reduced there noise,i am convinced they all run differing beta software,i will stick to my trains.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, atom3624 said:

I suppose that's always a compromise.

Some may complain the numbers are actually fading off, others that they're too difficult to remove without body paint damage.

Interesting depth of research there.

Al.

but its purple… its not the numbers that should be fading off, but the body colour.

:senile:

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 5

4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

It was fashionable back then,everyone had or wanted an aubergine 1600E cortina..............

I knew a Harrier pilot who had a 3l Capri in aubergine but he was a shy and retiring type.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

That probably also had a satin black bonnet as well - nice colour combo!

As a pre-teenager at the time, must admit I liked the purple 1600E's as well.

3-litre GXL Capri was quite a big seller and sounded great ... until a Jensen blasted past!

Back to Deltics, are any actually still available?

Al.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 11/11/2021 at 22:58, Accurascale Fran said:

Testing how easy it is to remove numbers for renumbering actually. Quite handy as it turns out. ;)

Cheers!

Fran

Glad to hear it. As my No17 has to go back to pre-tops.

On 11/11/2021 at 15:46, G-BOAF said:

p.s. apparently sounds above 85dB are harmful over long periods. So we should all be careful. maybe wear ear defenders when operating this model (or just turning down the volume!)

It is also worth noting that sound typically drops off at 6dB for every doubling of distance from the source. Given they look really close to the loco it will be nowhere near that unless you have your ear to the loco.

I have noticed on the DPS Facebook page D9009 has now got some cast bogies, which may be an issue to some of you wanting it modelling post return to service (the model has fabricated bogies by the looks of it). I was planning on that but it isn't a show stopper to me. I know when it failed it was on cast bogies temporarily so I don't know if this is temporary or whether it is getting fabricated ones back.

Screenshot_20211113-143820_Facebook.jpg.cb5e7b5de1e5660f0b3a3e39f65cec30.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
On 10/11/2021 at 20:30, G-BOAF said:

to rephrase using official terminology (!) I'm surprised that D9009 and D9002 have not sold through more as the only models representative of the more recent network rail era (D9016 was launched in purple in 2002 and ran a little on the mainline for a short while so only captures the very early part of this period....)

Luckily D9016 went purple a touch earlier than that - it was 1999 as it happens - so modellers of the glory days of early-privatisation can justify one if they haven't already opened their wallets! :good:

It's funny the whole 'modern image' can of worms - when you think about it, even the colour scheme on our purple monster here dates from 22 years ago - outside of our 'train bubble', look at cars or gadgets from the era for example - something dating from 22 years ago is classed an old banger or an historic relic as opposed to anything near 'modern' :lol: 

Cheers,

James

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Daddyman said:

All the tragedy of human existence in one tiny phrase...  

I was waiting for someone to tug on that line! :jester:

We had to suffer Connex down here, everyone else got it easy in comparison  :lol:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We've been asked a few times now if our locomotives will be easy to renumber. Well, allow us to demonstrate! With a mix of 99.9% IPA and a 6% water dilution and a cotton bud the numbers come off nice and easy.

It really is gone in 60 seconds!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We've been asked a few times now if our locomotives will be easy to renumber. Well, allow us to demonstrate! With a mix of 99.9% IPA and a 6% water dilution and a cotton bud the numbers come off nice and easy.

Cheers!

Fran 

So we dont need to blush saying its mine and i will rub it as much as i want now........you need to supply transfers of the whole fleet and jobs a good one.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

46 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Conversely, if we want to keep the livery exactly as supplied, does this imply it would be prudent to give it a coat of varnish?

I use IPA for track/wheel cleaning.  No doubt it gets onto my grubby fingers too.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

I would suggest not getting IPA on the paintwork of any rolling stock unless you want it to have some effect. Some paint finishes themselves will be immediately damaged by IPA (Lima mk2b's for example can be completely stripped to bare plastic in IPA so even minimal contact damages the finish). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1