Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

16 hours ago, McC said:

Final production samples will be winging to us any day now ahead of the main shipment so we hope to have ‘final’ demo video of sound, lighting, stay alive and haulage capacity shortly. 

Are these 'samples' extracted from the main production batch?

Does this mean the main batch are now being boxed up and ready to be shipped once you have approved these samples?

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Are these 'samples' extracted from the main production batch?

Does this mean the main batch are now being boxed up and ready to be shipped once you have approved these samples?

exactly that. As well as new full time China based team members added in the last few months, we always pull random samples from all forthcoming shipments to our UK based test center for final evaluation and testing and quality control. Once happy the balance of stock can be loaded to the container. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, McC said:

exactly that. As well as new full time China based team members added in the last few months, we always pull random samples from all forthcoming shipments to our UK based test center for final evaluation and testing and quality control. Once happy the balance of stock can be loaded to the container. 

If you can find one :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

Just Royal Scots Grey in sound for me :)

Its the 37's that i have got 5 on order :)

Well, as they're classified 'Stratford Deltics,' I think you'll find you have half a dozen on order!

• Funny 2

I’ve got the two modern image ones of 55002 & 55009 on order. These were the Rails specials, will they arrive at the same time as the rest? I think they will look good at the front of my charter rakes I’m steadily building up. I’m looking forward to getting them on the layout!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

They're easy enough to find if you are willing to pay for it, which we are considering it's for our lovely Deltics, with the increased cost NOT passed onto our customers, unlike other (even non model railway) companies out there!

Cheers!

Fran 

Looking at the prices of New diesel models from other companies the Accurascale Deltic is a Bargain. I've got 4 on order

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

They're easy enough to find if you are willing to pay for it, which we are considering it's for our lovely Deltics, with the increased cost NOT passed onto our customers, unlike other (even non model railway) companies out there!

Cheers!

Fran 

Dearest Fran, 

It's funny how perception works isn't it, don't you think? 

I can assure you and your Accurascale colleagues that if YOU had to pass this cost on to me as a customer, it would somehow be deemed acceptable and I for one wouldn't hesitate to pay up. 

Supportive or soppy? 

I like to think loyal and supportive. 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Shedmaster said:

Dearest Fran, 

It's funny how perception works isn't it, don't you think? 

I can assure you and your Accurascale colleagues that if YOU had to pass this cost on to me as a customer, it would somehow be deemed acceptable and I for one wouldn't hesitate to pay up. 

Supportive or soppy? 

I like to think loyal and supportive. 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

Hi Shed,

We really appreciate that, but these have been too long in the making that we simply could not do it. So, the milky bars are on us in this case.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Philip Jackson said:

Looking at the prices of New diesel models from other companies the Accurascale Deltic is a Bargain. 

Shhh don’t tell them that………….they still haven’t worked that one out :D

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

The fact that SK said he wanted their Black 5 to be the definitive model of the class proves the work that the Accurascale and IRM team are doing to provide highly detailed, high spec models at an affordable price point while engaging with their customers throughout is having an effect on other manufacturers in the industry

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, mckinneyc said:

The fact that SK said he wanted their Black 5 to be the definitive model of the class proves the work that the Accurascale and IRM team are doing to provide highly detailed, high spec models at an affordable price point while engaging with their customers throughout is having an effect on other manufacturers in the industry

Let’s hope so, I guess we’ll need to wait and see……and yes I really do hope so because at last Hornby have grasped a nettle with their new steam system and been truly innovative.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mckinneyc said:

Agree that SK has seen where the business is moving as he did 20 years ago when Hornby last improved standards to match Bachmanns lead. I'm less convinced about the engagement with customers in the same way as with Accurascale and pretty certain the motivation at Hornby is very different. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

45 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Agree that SK has seen where the business is moving as he did 20 years ago when Hornby last improved standards to match Bachmanns lead. I'm less convinced about the engagement with customers in the same way as with Accurascale and pretty certain the motivation at Hornby is very different. 

I feel sure that the “serious modeller” is not Hornby target market. Their “mass market” sound offerings for DCC are an indicator I think

Though I may be biased. I still remember SK “putting me in my place”, deriding DCC as “going nowhere”

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

I have finally succumbed and placed an order - even allowing for sold out versions it's like a sweetie jar trying to work out which one to go for (no way can I justify a fleet). In the end I plumped for 'Meld' in TOPS blue - I suspect the window in which it was exactly in this condition is fairly short as TOPS makes it post-1973 and the ER were very early adopters of dominos in place of headcodes, preceding the 1/1/76 cessation of headcode display which prompted their replacement elsewhere.

I was very tempted by one of the green FYE versions as per circa 1968 but I have ETH fitted rolling stock I can pair Meld with. However I may yet weaken on that front!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, andyman7 said:

I have finally succumbed and placed an order - even allowing for sold out versions it's like a sweetie jar trying to work out which one to go for (no way can I justify a fleet). In the end I plumped for 'Meld' in TOPS blue - I suspect the window in which it was exactly in this condition is fairly short as TOPS makes it post-1973 and the ER were very early adopters of dominos in place of headcodes, preceding the 1/1/76 cessation of headcode display which prompted their replacement elsewhere.

I was very tempted by one of the green FYE versions as per circa 1968 but I have ETH fitted rolling stock I can pair Meld with. However I may yet weaken on that front!

A fine choice :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andyman7 said:

I have finally succumbed and placed an order - even allowing for sold out versions it's like a sweetie jar trying to work out which one to go for (no way can I justify a fleet). 

Firstly well done for resisting so long. You must have iron will power!

Escalating prices for other models has turned these into bargain of the year, and for me, practically not a day goes by without wondering "should I order a fourth?"

Luckily with a layout set in Manchester there's no pressing need to have lots of deltics.  If accura ever make early ac electrics though (classes 81 to 86) I'll  be in big trouble.  

• Like 4
  • Funny 1