Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

As our locos have to stand the rough and tumble of exhibiting it’s superglue for me. Just a couple of tiny dots of thick gel superglue. Robust and permanent and no glue bleed 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

As our locos have to stand the rough and tumble of exhibiting it’s superglue for me. Just a couple of tiny dots of thick gel superglue. Robust and permanent and no glue bleed 

Not etched but a sheet of SLS Special headboards can be downloaded here - https://www.stephensonloco.org.uk/sls_headboards.htm 

What I don’t know, but arguably should, is was our usual headboard ever carried on a Society tour hauled by a Deltic? I will try to find out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Perhaps Accurascale can have a real headboard made, to run on a few of the real thing ?

I was thinking along the same lines. 

Not only would this look amazing on their office wall, but everytime they do a site visit for a new Loco project, they could get a quick snap of it in situ? Or would that be too much like sticking your towel on the sunbed at the hotel pool on holiday? 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, john new said:

Not etched but a sheet of SLS Special headboards can be downloaded here - https://www.stephensonloco.org.uk/sls_headboards.htm 

What I don’t know, but arguably should, is was our usual headboard ever carried on a Society tour hauled by a Deltic? I will try to find out.

That’s worth knowing thanks for sharing 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/01/2022 at 23:26, john new said:

Unfortunately, initial research suggests that in the full-scale world, sadly we never chartered in a Deltic*. I guess in the heyday era of our specials they were just too new! 

*Edit - but there was one unexpected instance, see post on 24th Jan following.

Edited by john new
Further information located
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Perhaps Accurascale can have a real headboard made, to run on a few of the real thing ?

Perhaps given the popularity of their models they should just adopt the headboard on this working? 

Resistance is futile

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

I use a couple of tiny smears of liquid superglue. The instant bond is the problem. I stick the front of the plate to a matchstick with a little blob of bluetack. With fingers out of the way, it’s easier to see what I’m doing and to line up the plate a tiny bit above its destination before bringing into contact, then down with a finger and pull the matchstick away. It usually works but I’ve often thought it courts trouble!

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I use a couple of tiny smears of liquid superglue. The instant bond is the problem. I stick the front of the plate to a matchstick with a little blob of bluetack. With fingers out of the way, it’s easier to see what I’m doing and to line up the plate a tiny bit above its destination before bringing into contact, then down with a finger and pull the matchstick away. It usually works but I’ve often thought it courts trouble!

Exactly that …. We must have read the same book! At least with the gel superglue you do get a few moments grace for final alignment.

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, mvwilson said:

Auscision Models 1753316188_Screenshot_20220121-212610_SamsungInternet.jpg.e912d8d6523776615bf6bbcadf088878.jpg1810951269_Screenshot_20220121-212330_SamsungInternet.jpg.b03a461f9b55879472336fcff71714a6.jpghere in Australia had a real Diesel painted up and also released it as a model.

Looks spectacular…. But not sure the alignment of the branding on the side of the prototype would pass Accurascale QC!

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

DELTIC PRODUCTION PROGRESS

Hi everyone,

Our Deltics edge ever close to completion, and here they are going through the final stages of assembly a few days ago.

As you can see, each model is essentially hand assembled, with each item of detail added separately by hand by the greatest model makers around.

Ordered yours yet? Some are already sold out fully on pre-order, with others getting closer. Order yours today for delivery in late Q1 of 2022! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

36 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Our Deltics edge ever close to completion, and here they are going through the final stages of assembly a few days ago.

As you can see, each model is essentially hand assembled, with each item of detail added separately by hand by the greatest model makers around.

Ordered yours yet? Some are already sold out fully on pre-order, with others getting closer. Order yours today for delivery in late Q1 of 2022! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic 

Cheers!

Fran 

I wonder what the Chinese workers imagine they’re making - and why

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

With CNY on 1 Feb, I presume the factories are closing 28 jan for people to head home, meaning a week today would be latest day for shipping from the factory?...

Correct. They reckon they can pull it off, so cross your fingers and toes for us!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, philg said:

I mean they are in an industrialising country. presume they all will have seen trains at some point. They are making a model train, with high levels of quality and finish (as opposed to say a cheap children's toy). As for individual bits of detail many of the larger items of detail are self explanatory (doors, windows, windscreen wipers, handrails).... And lets face it, how many of us know what each bit of detail is on every model we own... 

On the subject of not knowing what every part does, why are there two 'yellow' air pipes on a Deltic bufferbeam, one on each side, but only one 'red' air. I think many 37s as well also have this extra hose on the other side as well

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Theres an empty stool and workstation, did she assemble the purple one and is in recovery.

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I mean they are in an industrialising country. presume they all will have seen trains at some point. They are making a model train, with high levels of quality and finish (as opposed to say a cheap children's toy). As for individual bits of detail many of the larger items of detail are self explanatory (doors, windows, windscreen wipers, handrails).... And lets face it, how many of us know what each bit of detail is on every model we own... 

On the subject of not knowing what every part does, why are there two 'yellow' air pipes on a Deltic bufferbeam, one on each side, but only one 'red' air. I think many 37s as well also have this extra hose on the other side as well

I worked in China over ten years ago and the industrial parts are not exactly “back woods” areas, some of their towns and cities put ours to shame.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

21 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Correct. They reckon they can pull it off, so cross your fingers and toes for us!

Cheers!

Fran 

metaphorically yes :-p

Hope it won't lead to rushing and slips in QC by the factory at the last hurdle...!  (I'm sure not given the quality you guys work to)

The again, probably better to finish now with experienced end-of-year staff than start again with a large number of new staff when production resumes...

What happens to the nameplates? - will the respective Irish and British office staff be sitting in a freezing warehouse putting them into each box, or does that happen down the pub next to a warm fire made from Pallet wood....?!

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I take it the Hattons 66 was not your thing then..........

when they produce a livery I want [1], and sort the bogie issue, then yes it certainly will be....

And no, I don't know what each bit of pipework/conduit is the 66 underframe.

BTW I didn't mean because we don't know what each bit of detail is, it isn't necessary for it to be there. Quite the opposite. Heck I've noticed things on the real Deltic having seen them first on the Accurascale EPs (much easier when things are in contrasting colours of plastic and metal, rather than just black!)

[I do regret not ordering the large logo one now... but hey ho]

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, philg said:

Who’s to say they don’t have a professional and personalinterest in the product?  The Chinese are undergoing the sort of social and industrial revolution that we had 100 or so years ago. With that comes education and curiosity. 

• Like 1